Get to Know Your Fellow Canes Fans - PART II

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I've never been much of a studier, hence the procrastination. I just need to really get a grasp on how to do a few things that either I did horrible on during the second test or are new for the final.

Plus my (NCSU) GPA could stand to be higher. It's not bad where it is (3.291), but I'd rather it be higher for employment reasons since I don't really have a whole bunch of things besides school on my resume.

Every time you feel bad about your NCSU GPA, just remember that this guy:

0019.jpg

Was Captain of his hockey team and Graduated Summa *** Laude from Princeton.

I know that makes me feel better about myself :laugh::laugh:

:laugh:

:(

:shakehead

:cry:

:help:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Every time you feel bad about your NCSU GPA [snip]

But I don't have his awesome moustache (yes, I spell it with an O. Come at me!), which makes me feel insecure.

But hey, it's coming in a lot better than I had hoped from when I started it for Movember, so maybe there's a chance.

This attempt at growing a beard to prepare for my trip to Poland, on the other hand...let's not discuss that.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
what else would you do

go outside?

lmao what a weird idea you weirdo

no i dont go outside im just saying why play video games when netflix is a cornucopia of excellent tv

i did a reward system for finals this year every time i studied for an hour i rewarded myself with 72 hours of netflix i got all f's but for an unrelated reason

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
no i dont go outside im just saying why play video games when netflix is a cornucopia of excellent tv

i did a reward system for finals this year every time i studied for an hour i rewarded myself with 72 hours of netflix i got all f's but for an unrelated reason

video games are like controllable tv though tbh.

why watch when you can play.

except for some of the newer FF games tho. Those are 18 hours of cut scenes followed by 18 seconds of doing stuff on an endless loop.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
video games are like controllable tv though tbh.

why watch when you can play.

except for some of the newer FF games tho. Those are 18 hours of cut scenes followed by 18 seconds of doing stuff on an endless loop.

but u can watch netflix while snuggling up with a blanket. proper snuggling of a blanket requires both hands. u cant play video games while properly snuggling with a blanket.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
but u can watch netflix while snuggling up with a blanket. proper snuggling of a blanket requires both hands. u cant play video games while properly snuggling with a blanket.

lmao if u dont have multiple monitors on your pc to watch netflix while playing video games and a slanket (not a snuggie you idiot plebian) to snuggle w/ while shootin dudes in the face or whatever

same goes for consoles b/c lol if you dont have a laptop or something nearby to watch netflix while playing whatever you are who cares this is dumb video games are dumb

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Every time you feel bad about your NCSU GPA, just remember that this guy.

Was Captain of his hockey team and Graduated Summa *** Laude from Princeton.

I know that makes me feel better about myself :laugh::laugh:

:laugh:

Funny story. My italian grandmother was at my college graduation. As they announced every person, they would add cumlaude, magna cumlaude, summa cumlaude as appropriate. After about 15 minutes, she leaned over to the rest of my family and said "Boy, that cumlaude is a big family"

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
But I don't have his awesome moustache (yes, I spell it with an O. Come at me!), which makes me feel insecure.

But hey, it's coming in a lot better than I had hoped from when I started it for Movember, so maybe there's a chance.

This attempt at growing a beard to prepare for my trip to Poland, on the other hand...let's not discuss that.

Update: Shaved everything but the moustache. I gave up on the idea of actually having a legitimate beard.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
every experience i have in life comes through staring at spread sheets and analyzing them. they are my life.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
Name:
Sex:M
Where You're From:Long Island NY
Where You Live Now: Apex,NC
Nationality: American
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Mode of Transportation:Walking
Job:Stock Clerk
What brought you to HF Boards:Lurking
How you became a hockey fan:Mallrats and NHL 99
How you became a Canes fan:They're my local team
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Better than being an Oiler's fan.
Favorite Cane's Player(s):Right now, no one specifically, historically, Ron Francis
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Jaromir Jagr
Other Sports You Like:Bowling, Basketball
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: NY Rangers, NY Islanders, OKC Thunder
College Attended/Attending:ECU
Video Game Systems Owned: A crapload. Just got an xbox one this Christmas.
Favorite Game(s):Skyrim, Mass Effect, GTA series, etc.
Music You Listen To: Everything but country and rap
Favorite Movie(s): Die Hard, Mallrats, aliens, La confidential
Favorite Book(s):Mostly nonfiction
Favorite Food(s):burgers, chicken, subs, pizza,etc.
Favorite TV Show(s): Too many to list.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:None as of right now
Anything Else:Go Canes.

JDR

Feb 2, 2015
Name: James
Sex: M
Where You're From: Middle of nowhere, North Carolina
Where You Live Now: see above
Nationality: USA
Hair Color: brown
Eye Color: blue
Mode of Transportation: car
Job: security
What brought you to HF Boards: google
How you became a hockey fan: Like watching it
How you became a Canes fan: home team
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: dont know
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Lindholm, Skinner and Faulk
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): none
Other Sports You Like: Basketball, Football, Soccer and Baseball
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Charlotte Hornets. Panthers and Braves
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3 and PC, have a Nintendo DS somewhere.
Favorite Game(s): Haven't played much recently but i liked NBA2k and GTA games quite a bit.
Music You Listen To: anything
Favorite Movie(s): i like a very wide variety
Favorite Book(s): haven't read a book in years
Favorite Food(s): anything
Favorite TV Show(s): just about anything on History, Discovery, National Geographic channels etc.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none
Anything Else: :)

JDR

Feb 2, 2015
i have been a fan for a while, never really interacted with other fans of the team though

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Been lurking and reading stuff on this site for probably 2 years, finally decided to go ahead and join so I could talk hockey with some folks!

Name: Brandon
Sex: Male
Where You're From: Born Greenville, SC (Grew up most of my life in Charlotte, NC)
Where You Live Now: Winston Salem, NC
Nationality: American
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blueish-Hazelish-Green (changes I'm told)
Mode of Transportation: Subaru Impreza
Job: Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer
What brought you to HF Boards: Grew up as a hockey fan
How you became a hockey fan: Mom from NY loved hockey, and growing up in Charlotte the Checkers were about the only major sports teams besides the Hornets (expensive) and Knights (far off, but went to a lot of games)...basically I grew up watching the Checkers since they started in the ECHL, haven't been to <10 games any year since even now
How you became a Canes fan: Local NHL team!
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Southern hospitality + home team (certainly not their performance, or drafting, or the quality of their farm team)
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Currently - probably Skinner and Lindy (E. Staal lost it with all his years of inconsistency)
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Stamkos, Datsyuk, Lundqvist
Other Sports You Like: some Football
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Carolina Panthers - mostly for the lulz while hoping Cam Newton grows up at some point
College Attended/Attending: NC State 2010
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3 (my brother has our old collection of Gamecube, PS2, N64, Super Nintendo, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, etc)
Favorite Game(s): EHM 2007 (I still play it more than any other game), Total War series of games, LEGOs games (I love them for some reason), NHL series obviously (even if EA isn't that great, it's my only hockey outlet)
Music You Listen To: old school metalhead - Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Grave Digger, Iced Earth, Overkill probably my top 5
Favorite Movie(s): Jurassic Park, Independence Day, Robin Hood: Men In Tights, Liar Liar, etc.
Favorite Book(s): only an occasional reader, don't really have one, though Clive Cussler's stuff has been my latest readings
Favorite Food(s): Pizza
Favorite TV Show(s): Big Bang Theory, Last Man Standing, Home Improvement (miss this show)
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Various Charlotte Checkers jerseys from over the years (probably about 10 - favorite is the old "Orange Blast"), old Colorado, old Pittsburgh, Hurricanes, some Disney hockey jerseys
Anything Else: Fan of hockey, old school metal, LEGOs, and amusement parks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad