Confirmed with Link: Get excited about Filip Gustavsson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He had the one big 40 save win and then had to play 2 more games in 3 nights .. did not fare well but with McKenna up and Hogberg out he was the option.
Did not see the game yesterday but the night before the Marlies beat Condon for 6 goals.. most he didn't have much of a chance on.
Belleville's D is an adventure. A few marginal D. I think Burgdoerfer was out yesterday as well. Work in progress. Potential is there.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
He had the one big 40 save win and then had to play 2 more games in 3 nights .. did not fare well but with McKenna up and Hogberg out he was the option.
Did not see the game yesterday but the night before the Marlies beat Condon for 6 goals.. most he didn't have much of a chance on.
Belleville's D is an adventure. A few marginal D. I think Burgdoerfer was out yesterday as well. Work in progress. Potential is there.

Yeah, I can only hope it is a reflection on the D and not the man in between the posts.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yeah, I can only hope it is a reflection on the D and not the man in between the posts.
I think it's a combination of both, Gus is a young goalie trying to find his way in a new country on a new team after starting the yr in the ECHL. I think all he needs is time & experience & as long as he keeps improving yr after yr he should be fine.

Not sure if his defence is helping him much either, Condon the NHL goalie let in 6 goals the other night & didn't get a lot of help from the defence either.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'm a big fan of his. Very efficient and quick. Gets exactly where he needs to be without much extra motion.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Don't care about an import struggling early on. Olympic vs standard size rinks is a major adjustment for goalies since their game is all about angles.

At the half way mark if he's still rocking an under 90% save percentage, I'll start to worry.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
He's got a bright future, in my opinion. He's insanely composed in goal, which is what Ottawa needs.

He seems to have strong positioning from what I've seen. Couple this with a strong competitive edge, and athleticism.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Man....

I guess this is why we need to draft a goalie each and every year . Oh and trade for good ones because they are cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad