GDT: Germany vs Czechs QF at WC

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes, true… but sticking to the world championships (where we have played them relatively often), their last victory was in 2007. Quite a gap still. It would be interesting to see a Nagano-style best-on-best game with both teams’ top NHL players participating.
Absolutely true. But they are doing very well lately.

Also, don't forget that 1996 world cup loss.lol

Best on best would be close.... depends when it is.. our nation is rising a bit with 5 to 7 NHL goalies and a potential stud D on the way. We also have a strong draft coming up with 2 first rounders (Kulich and Jiricek) and 2 more 2nd rounders (Hamara and Sapo). plus guys like Malik doing really well in goal as bonuses.

But we need to win something and build some 'sisu' type chemistry as we just keep losing important games! A little confidence would go a long way. Probably Cervenka and Krejci's last time in our jerseys too!

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Absolutely true. But they are doing very well lately.

Also, don't forget that 1996 world cup loss.lol

Best on best would be close.... depends when it is.. our nation is rising a bit with 5 to 7 NHL goalies and a potential stud D on the way. We also have a strong draft coming up with 2 first rounders (Kulich and Jiricek) and 2 more 2nd rounders (Hamara and Sapo). plus guys like Malik doing really well in goal as bonuses.

But we need to win something and build some 'sisu' type chemistry as we just keep losing important games! A little confidence would go a long way. Probably Cervenka and Krejci's last time in our jerseys too!
I agree with everything you say… except the significance of THAT works cup loss 😀. I remember it well (I am not young), and the Czechs were essentially playing against their coach, it was disgraceful. Jagr said he was like an iron-fisted Communist! Disgraceful dereliction of duty rather than a very special German team.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I agree with everything you say… except the significance of THAT works cup loss 😀. I remember it well (I am not young), and the Czechs were essentially playing against their coach, it was disgraceful. Jagr said he was like an iron-fisted Communist! Disgraceful dereliction of duty rather than a very special German team.
I actually LOVE that loss.. I feel it went a long way towards our Nagano Gold!

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I actually LOVE that loss.. I feel it went a long way towards our Nagano Gold!
Yes, agreed! By the way, I was in Nagano at the time. I live in Japan (even though I happen to be visiting Prague right now), and went to the semis and final. There was also a kind of Cesky Dum you could go to and eat goulash and drink beer all day. Met all the famous players and other Czech sports people there. Neumannova was dancing on the table. Unforgettable.

Reactions: Czechboy

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
By the way, I do think that the Germans tend to get over-estimated whenever they play against the Czechs. I always read in German language Internet posts and in the press how people are confident against the Czechs before the game, even though nominally the Czechs are favorites…. And then I look at the head-to-head statistics at World championships between the Czechs and the Germans, and it turns out the Czechs have 17 victories and the Germans have two…
No no no, you must confuse it with a football forum. Since Jan Koller and Tomas Rosicky retired everything is fine. LOL.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes, agreed! By the way, I was in Nagano at the time. I live in Japan (even though I happen to be visiting Prague right now), and went to the semis and final. There was also a kind of Cesky Dum you could go to and eat goulash and drink beer all day. Met all the famous players and other Czech sports people there. Neumannova was dancing on the table. Unforgettable.
Jealous of that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad