GDT: Germany vs Czechs QF at WC

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If Germans come back here... That grubauer save is the reason! Wow

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Wonder if Seider sits again? I'm guessing he plays at least 2 and half of the last 3 minutes. Kid is a dream D

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Happy for smejkal... He is such a hard working dude and I think could be a good NHL bottom 6er. Well deserved goal for him.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
To be fair, they are playing 6 on 5 and the Czechs are defending a 2 goal lead… they should be dominating!!

4-1. Nice!!!
True... But they were playing great. I could watch Seider all day... Trade him to my oilers or give him Czech citizenship.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, first goal was key and having a lead. Vejmelka and Krejci with outstanding games to my eye!

Score probably doesn't relfect how close this game was.

Jordan as player of the game?

PP was the difference, few posts.

I don't care who we play next.. just happy to be in the fight!

If we are serious about a medal.. 5 on 5 scoring needs to improve and need secondary scoring to step it up.

Off to Canada/Sweden - hoping Canada ties it up and they beat the hell out of each other since we play one of them soon.lol

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
By the way, I do think that the Germans tend to get over-estimated whenever they play against the Czechs. I always read in German language Internet posts and in the press how people are confident against the Czechs before the game, even though nominally the Czechs are favorites…. And then I look at the head-to-head statistics at World championships between the Czechs and the Germans, and it turns out the Czechs have 17 victories and the Germans have two…

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This was a thriller until the empty net goal. Germany was playing very good, they were dangerous all the time. It was definitely a closer game than the score 4-1 might suggest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
By the way, I do think that the Germans tend to get over-estimated whenever they play against the Czechs. I always read in German language Internet posts and in the press how people are confident against the Czechs before the game, even though nominally the Czechs are favorites…. And then I look at the head-to-head statistics at World championships between the Czechs and the Germans, and it turns out the Czechs have 17 victories and the Germans have two…
historically better for sure but more recently

they beat us 2 straight at the U20's
they got silver at 2018 Olympics and we finished 4th

I wouldn't trade our program for theirs but it's been close lately

Plus, you know, Drai and Seider... hopefully Jiricek gets himself into that conversation and Pasta remains elite.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice hug from Finn coaches..

By my count

0 Slovak coaches
0 Czech coaches
1 female (awesome!)
3 Finns
2 Canadians (might be more but not sure how coaches the lower tier nations)

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
historically better for sure but more recently

they beat us 2 straight at the U20's
they got silver at 2018 Olympics and we finished 4th

I wouldn't trade our program for theirs but it's been close lately

Plus, you know, Drai and Seider... hopefully Jiricek gets himself into that conversation and Pasta remains elite.
Yes, true… but sticking to the world championships (where we have played them relatively often), their last victory was in 2007. Quite a gap still. It would be interesting to see a Nagano-style best-on-best game with both teams’ top NHL players participating.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00