International: German Junior National Teams

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Which number was Kessler?

Kessler was #23, playing with Zwickl and Schneider. While all three showed som good stuff and seemed to have decent chemistry, Kessler, at least in my eyes, was the most consistent of the three and I thought his hockey iq puts him ahead of many others.

He also was ranked lower by me before (I think he was 9th in my last ranking), due to the fact that I don't get to see the guys playing in the Red Bull system as much as I get to watch the rest.
I had seen him only a few times playing for the national teams and maybe once or twice in a crappy stream for Salzburg. Usually he played a little lower in the lineup, when everyone (including Rihards and Gustavs Griva and Mateu Späth) was there. Seeing him on the second line like this was really different and he looked much improved in pretty much every aspect of the game. If I had more time I could go into more of a deep dive about what I liked about his game so much.

Just crazy to think that players like Zwickl, Schneider, Kessler or Späth might barely, if at all, crack the top 10, when they would have been near the top of every year since 02s.
This group may not live up to it's promise when it comes to NHL level talent when all is said and done, but it might turn into a group similar to the 85s. Not a single NHL player in that group but with regards to the DEL and the national team one of the best years ever.

Note to self: Learn to make shorter posts. that are more to the point and stop with all the tangents.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The roster for the upcoming U16 tournament:

Pos.NameVornameVerein 2023/24
GKBolleMaxRed Bull Hockey Akademie
GKHennigMikaJungadler Mannheim
GKPitaevSaschaLos Angeles Jr. Kings
DFFrischClemensESC Dresden
DFGerhoferLuisStarbulls Rosenheim
DFHackertMoussaRed Bull Hockey Akademie
DFHördlerJonasEisbären Juniors Berlin
DFKettlerDanielJungadler Mannheim
DFMayerMartinStarbulls Rosenheim
DFPizkaAureliusIFK Täby HC
DFRiegelRobertEHC 80 Nürnberg
FWBuschbeckLukasESC Dresden
FWEnkLaurenzEisbären Juniors Berlin
FWGeppertMatsERC Ingolstadt
FWGreilLukasRed Bull Hockey Akademie
FWKrestanTobiasHV71
FWKuhnAdrianSchwenninger ERC
FWLellLeonEHC 80 Nürnberg
FWMaurerIlyaEisbären Juniors Berlin
FWMichelErikJungadler Mannheim
FWRöcklSimonStarbulls Rosenheim
FWSchlagerQuirinRed Bull Hockey Akademie
FWSchloßnikelFlorianRed Bull Hockey Akademie

I am pretty bummed that Darian Rolsing isn't on the roster. I was hoping to see him play again.
There are a couple of other decisions, I don't understand, but who knows, maybe I am just overrating some guys based on small smaple sizes.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I guess I will have to eventually pay for the streams of the U16 tournament, to see for myself, because the boxscores aren really painting a clear picture.

Game 1:
3-4 loss to Austria
They outshot Austria 30-17, scored 2 pp goals but were outscored 4-1 at even strength.

In the other game Switzerland beat Slovakia 6-3 in what, going by the numbers, appears to have been a pretty even matchup. Looks like the Swiss scored two empty netters.

Game 2:
1-6 loss to Slovakia
Germany was utterly dominated (at least based on the shots which were 51-12 in favor of the Slovaks.

Meanwhile Switzerland destroyed Austria 12-0 (shots were 48-15).

Game 3:
3-1 win against Switzerland
I can only assume Switzerland did not take them seriously and maybe them having a shorter break between games 2 and 3 also factored in.
But given the previous results I certainly did not expect this. And they were only outshot 26-31, so I guess this must have been their best game.

Slovakia even one-upped the Swiss by beating Austria 13-0. (Shots were 28-6 through two periods, for some reason there was not shot count for the third period)

Still not sure, if or when I will get around to watching the games, but if I do I will share my impressions of our 08s here or in the prospects thread.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I saw the full Germany - Slovakia game and there was just a huge difference between the teams, but what was even bigger was the Slovak forwards inabilty to convert on their chances (10+breakaways) and the phenomenal performance of the German goalie. Hard to take notes on any of the other German skaters from that game.

Reactions: Maverick41

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Our U16 will play 3 games against Finland this week and try not to get blown out too badly. If I recall correctly the Finns usually bring two teams to these games for the first two games and then a combined team plays the third game. Though I am not entirely sure.

This is the roster for the German team:

Pos.NameVornameVerein 2023/24
GKHennigMikaJungadler Mannheim
GKPitaevSaschaLos Angeles Jr. Kings
GKWolterNiklasESC Dresden
DFAugustJan-LucaESV Kaufbeuren
DFGerhoferLuisSB Rosenheim
DFGötheOskarESC Dresden
DFHackertMoussaRed Bull Hockey Akademie
DFKettlerDanielJungadler Mannheim
DFMayerMartinStarbulls Rosenheim
DFPizkaAureliusIFK Täby HC
DFRolsingDarianVäxjö Lakers
FWAlbertArelFlemingsbergs
FWBeckerLuisEV Landshut
FWBuschbeckLukasESC Dresden
FWGeppertMatsERC Ingolstadt
FWGreilLukasRed Bull Hockey Akademie
FWKrestanTobiasHV71
FWKuhnAndreasEHC 80 Nürnberg
FWMichelErikJungadler Mannheim
FWRöcklSimonSB Rosenheim
FWSchlagerQuirinRed Bull Hockey Akademie
FWSchloßnikelFlorianRed Bull Hockey Akademie
FWStruckJasonJungadler Mannheim

My personal list of players to watch (in no particular order):

D - Moussa Hackert: Has scored a lot of goals for a defenseman this season so far. I have watched a couple of games he played in last season, but I have not really payed much attention to him in those games.

D - Darian Rolsing: Saw him a few times last season, usually against rather weak competition, but he stood out in all the right ways. Huge body, good skater and very active both offensively and defensively. I don't know how his start in Sweden has been (no points so far), so I really want to see how he does against tougher competition.

F - Arel Albert: One of 4 players on the roster playing in Sweden, albeit for a smaller team. Never seen him before, so I am very curious to see him play.

F - Mats Geppert: Never seen him play, but very intrigued, by his stats.

F - Tobias Krestan: At this point he seems to be the top guy for the 08s. As mentioned there are still some guys I have not really watched, but I cannot really see anyone dethroning Krestan any time soon. I have watched him several times, and in most games he was not really challenged, it was just too easy for him to do pretty much whatever he wanted out there. So, similar to Rolsing I am looking forward to seeing him against some tough competition.

F - Quirin Schlager: He is the one guy I have seen play against a much stronger opponent (against Mannheim when he was still playing for Bad Tölz). He was very good in that game and showed off an intriguing combination of skills. It appears he is also off to a great start in Salzburg.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The first period of the U16 team vs. Finland left me confused. They have a 1-0 lead on a power play goal by Luis Becker.
They also killed off a lengthy 5-3.
This all involved a bit of luck and solid goalie performance by Mika Hennig, but I am somewhat impressed how well the whole team is handling this. It is obviously nowhere near the strongest Finish side, but still a good effort so far. I'll save the talk about individual players for after the game.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Unfortunately, the second period went a lot more as I expected. Finland now has a 7-1 lead going into the third.
The German team started the second period like they all (well except one of them) had taken a couple of valium or something, and with every goal against their body language got worse and their legs seemed to get heavier.
The Finns on the other side got more spring in their step with every goal, and the shots that went wide in the first period, now went bar down, or off the post and in.
I really hope they can regroup a little and find some energy and some will to fight back in the third, because with every minute they played worse, if that trend continues Finland will score 20 without trying. I mean 5 minutes into the second period it seemed almost all of them had lost the ability to make or receive a simple pass to or from a teammate. In three words: This was ugly.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Oh boy, good thing I made my rankings before this game. Finals score 11-1 Finland.

Let's start with a little, the good, the bad and the ugly.

The Good:
  • Yeah right

The Bad:
  • Finland in the first period
  • Jan-Luca Augst

The Ugly:
  • Everyone else on the German team

The Grotesque: (This one requires an additional category)
  • Tobias Krestan
  • The special teams

Now, to put things a little into perspective. They weren't any worse than many of the U16 teams before them, when they played these games against Finland. Blowouts are the norm here.

And while Krestan had a really bad game, the only reason I am singling him out is because I know he can be so much better. He should be the best player on the team, but could not deliver and was more a liability out there than an asset. I don't know if he got hurt or benched in the third, but I did not see him play. Maybe he was hurt going into the game, or maybe it was just one of those days that happen even to the best, but it was very disappointing.

But, I don't like being a negative guy when it comes to our prospects, so I'll focus on the silver linings and the few bright spots. First of I like the group of defensemen. This may come as a surprise in a 1-11 loss, but there is actuall quite a bit of potential on the back end, in my opinion.
I already had high, or at least elevated expectations for Rolsing, Kettler and Hackert, and while they all struggled with the sustained pressure from Finland and the often lacking support from the forwards, they all showed glimpses of what might be, if their development goes right.

The big surprise for me was Jan-Luca Augst. I had seen him once before, but did not pay him much mind back then. Too small and not skilled enough to compensate for that, were my thoughts. Hi is still really small, but his skills have improved, but more than anything else it is his compete level and IQ that stood out for me. Going back to my previous post, he was the one guy on the team that did not look like he had taken some valium after the first period.
Not sure how much NHL upside there is, but I could definitely see him having a very nice career in the DEL. It's just the one game, but based on that I'd say Yannic Seidenberg would be his ceiling, and that is nothing to sneeze at. I will certainly be following him more closely from now on.
Another guy I liked, and probably the only one liked better in periods 2 and 3 than in period 1 was Aurelius Pizka. He had his gaffes, but played a decent overall game. He even tried to be physical and on occasion succeeded unlike most of the other defensemen. I want to see more of him, before I make up my mind, but could be an interesting guy going forward.

The forwards were even more outmatched than the defense. Really difficult to pick one as "the best forward". Lukas Greil showed some speed and skill along with some tenacity. At times he reminded me a little bit of Kevin Bicker, with more skill but less grit. Quirin Schlager tried, but mostly failed in making skill plays. At times I liked the play of both Mats Geppert and Luis Becker, two players I was not familiar with before. But aside form those good stretches (mostly in the first period), they were struggling like everyone else.
Erik Michel looked pretty good in the first period, but mostly disappeared afterwards. Arel Albert flashed some skill a few times but not a lot came of it.

That is about as positive as I can be with regard to this game, but it deserves to end on a negative and the biggest negative were the special teams after the first period. They scored a powerplay goal on their second powerplay opportunity, going 1 for 3 on the man advantage in the first period. They only got one more opportunity and on most power plays they rarely entered the attacking zone.
The pk got progressively worse. They took two penalties in the first period which overlapped for 54 seconds of 5-on-3, and they managed to kill off both. They took four more penalties the rest of the way and Finland scored on all of them.
They took 8 minutes worth of penalties in the 2nd and 3rd period but only spent a total of 2:43 minutes on the pk.
It took the Finns 1:27 minutes to score on their first pp of the second period, then 29 and 32 seconds respectively on their second and third powerplay in the middle frame. On the final pp of the game in the third period, the German penalty kill lasted all of 15 seconds.

I wonder if I should dare watching the game tomorrow as well.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
They lost the second game 1-4. I wasn't able to watch live, maybe I get a chance to watch it tomorrow.

I saw Krestan did not play in the second game, so it seems likely he's injured.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
New rosters are out and I'm a big fan of the U18 team, really hoping they'll find their rhythm by the end of the year to gain promotion at the D1A U18s and make sure the 07s will get to play in the top division again.

Stuhrmann is one of the goalies, Bleicher and Händel on D, Lewandowski and Späth at F. The Grivas "demoted" (not really, but they were there at the Hlinka) to U17, which I also like. Will be fun to see how a U17 team with the Grivas, Willhöft, Ziergiebel, Schneider, Schäfer, Zwickl, Kessler and the Koses does.

I know we get excited about younger teams every year and then cool down considerably in their draft year, but I'm still VERY excited about this 07 group, especially when you see Lewandowski being one of the top players in the DNL. Speaking of which, Lewandowski will bring his linemate Lenny Boos along this time, which I'm very excited to see at the international level too!

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
New rosters are out and I'm a big fan of the U18 team, really hoping they'll find their rhythm by the end of the year to gain promotion at the D1A U18s and make sure the 07s will get to play in the top division again.

Stuhrmann is one of the goalies, Bleicher and Händel on D, Lewandowski and Späth at F. The Grivas "demoted" (not really, but they were there at the Hlinka) to U17, which I also like. Will be fun to see how a U17 team with the Grivas, Willhöft, Ziergiebel, Schneider, Schäfer, Zwickl, Kessler and the Koses does.

I know we get excited about younger teams every year and then cool down considerably in their draft year, but I'm still VERY excited about this 07 group, especially when you see Lewandowski being one of the top players in the DNL. Speaking of which, Lewandowski will bring his linemate Lenny Boos along this time, which I'm very excited to see at the international level too!

I share a lot of your thoughts on the rosters. I mentioned that I wanted to see Boos on the national team a little while ago. I hope it actually happens this time (still a bit of time for some last minute changes).

Some more thoughts on the rosters:

U17:
It's insane that you remove the two best defensemen in Händel and Bleicher and that is still a good looking group. Looking forward to see Krüger and Wischnenko on that team, and Hausfelder is one of my personal favourites, so I am excited to see him probably in a bigger role.
It's also been a while since I have seen Hempel, who had some impressive games in the past.

Could be the first time I get a chance to see Kimi Saffran in goal in a game the team in front of him is not totally dominating.

Happy to see Karl Pohle get a chance. The last time I saw him was almost three years ago on crappy stream when he was still playing for Berlin.
That forward group is still amazing, even if some have seen the development slow down a little bit. But others have stepped it up, so this group may have lost a little bit at the top, but the depth has gotten even better.

U18:
Erik Eder is back in goal after not making the roster the past few tournaments. A couple of years ago I was fairly high on him. I'm really wondering if a goalie can finally taking the reigns. Every time one seems to be the front runner for the starting position, they have a bad outing and one of the other guys outplays them.

I am liking the defense group. With Händel and Bleicher in the mix the depth looks pretty good. Merkl and Kaiser will be the ones I will probably focus on the most.

I already addressed Boos. The even bigger surprise for me is Farkas, but I am looking forward to seeing him play for the first time.
Overall the forward group looks a little weak, but I hope they prove me wrong.

U20:
No real surprises in goal or defense, except I would have thought that they maybe picked a younger third goalie, but Bittner is playing really well this season and Wolf and Dietl should be locks anyway, so I am not really disagreeing.
The defense is what it is. Maybe Bettahar get's on the team and Panocha of course, but I could see this being most of the D corps for the World Juniors.

Obviously they are missing the guys playing in North America (no Lutz, no Hauf and no Sumpf), but this is not a deep looking forward group. I really like what Kechter, Elias, Oswald and Hördler have been doing this season and Bicker seems to be trending the right way as well, but the rest are just a whole bunch of question marks for me. Hopefully some of them can prove me wrong, but this lack of depth is worrying me.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Named after Len Soccio by any chance?

Definitely having a monster season for DDorf as a 16-year-old.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
U18:
Erik Eder is back in goal after not making the roster the past few tournaments. A couple of years ago I was fairly high on him. I'm really wondering if a goalie can finally taking the reigns. Every time one seems to be the front runner for the starting position, they have a bad outing and one of the other guys outplays them.

I am liking the defense group. With Händel and Bleicher in the mix the depth looks pretty good. Merkl and Kaiser will be the ones I will probably focus on the most.

Yes, throw in Ficenec and Shams and I'm thinking this is a terribly exciting group at this stage.

Gonna need it to be dominant in Denmark at the D1A next spring.

I already addressed Boos. The even bigger surprise for me is Farkas, but I am looking forward to seeing him play for the first time.
Overall the forward group looks a little weak, but I hope they prove me wrong.

I like it at this stage, especially considering that I see more or less 7 locks and I strongly feel that Willhöft is a given for the D1A Worlds while each of Schneider, Ziergiebel, Zwickl, and perhaps the Grivas have a shot at being part of that equation next spring.

And let's not forget that we're not seeing Nick Maul anywhere here, who I felt was just about the top forward at the Hlinka.

U20:
No real surprises in goal or defense, except I would have thought that they maybe picked a younger third goalie, but Bittner is playing really well this season and Wolf and Dietl should be locks anyway, so I am not really disagreeing.
The defense is what it is. Maybe Bettahar get's on the team and Panocha of course, but I could see this being most of the D corps for the World Juniors.
My take is that they are both a given.

Can't imagine that Bettahar, a returnee who is the toughest guy available to Germany and who is doing just fine for Weißwasser thus far, is not considered a lock.

And yes, I'm thoroughly critical of his weaknesses and propensity to take untimely penalties. If Abstreiter leaves him home in December, then it's likely for reasons behind the scenes and not because he feels there are simply better options.

Or he'd be injured when the tourney rolls around.

Obviously they are missing the guys playing in North America (no Lutz, no Hauf and no Sumpf), but this is not a deep looking forward group. I really like what Kechter, Elias, Oswald and Hördler have been doing this season and Bicker seems to be trending the right way as well, but the rest are just a whole bunch of question marks for me. Hopefully some of them can prove me wrong, but this lack of depth is worrying me.

Seems like Abstreiter is really using this opportunity to test things. As you mention, we know the three above in North America are part of the WJC equation, as are the gentlemen you mentioned. All locks, save for injury.

Of all the others there, I think Assavolyuk is coming in as the guy who has been having the best season thus far. He's been strong in the AlpsHL. And I can't really see them leaving Nieleck's size/power package off the WJC roster come late December.

A real shame is that despite these three "Nachwuchsteams" being in action next weekend, there's no room for Paul Vinzenz and Vadim Schreiner. Not sure that some of these guys playing DNL and some extremely low line role for an Oberliga or DEL2 team (especially Anton, Niewollik, Saffran, and Schindler) are doing more or even close to being better than these two Red Bull Juniors as U20 team options. They are older though.

But that doesn't explain why Brandl is there although he's been having a nothingburger of a season. Guy should be spending every weekend split between the DNL and an Oberliga team.

Granted, there could be some mitigating circumstances (like injury) as to why Vinzenz and Schreiner aren't along for the ride.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
A few roster changes for the upcoming tournaments:

Clemens Seeger will be missing the U18 games due to injury. Max Ziergiebel will replace him.

The U20 team will be missing Eric Hördler and Phillip Sinn for health reasons. Their replacements will be Vadim Schreiner and Michael Reich.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Clemens Seeger will be missing the U18 games due to injury. Max Ziergiebel will replace him.

The U20 team will be missing Eric Hördler and Phillip Sinn for health reasons. Their replacements will be Vadim Schreiner and Michael Reich.
what do you think the u20 wjc team will look like?

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

Happy for Ziergiebel to get the opportunity but really would’ve liked to see him at the U17 level next to the other guys who are probably the “second tier” of 07 prospects.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Knowing Abstreiter, and if everyone is available, the team will probably look like this:

GOALIES
Wolf
Dietl
XXX (Bittner? Willerscheid?)

DEFENSE
Panocha
Bettahar
Sinn
Weber
Hübner
Niehus
Tropmann
Mayer

FORWARDS
Hauf
Lutz
Sumpf
Hördler
Oswald
Elias
Kechter
Krening
Bicker
Nieleck
Assavolyuk
Rollinger
Gaidel
Brandl

Willhöft would be a VERY pleasant (and unlikely) surprise though.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

Knowing Abstreiter, and if everyone is available, the team will probably look like this:

GOALIES
Wolf
Dietl
XXX (Bittner? Willerscheid?)

DEFENSE
Panocha
Bettahar
Sinn
Weber
Hübner
Niehus
Tropmann
Mayer

FORWARDS
Hauf
Lutz
Sumpf
Hördler
Oswald
Elias
Kechter
Krening
Bicker
Nieleck
Assavolyuk
Rollinger
Gaidel
Brandl

Willhöft would be a VERY pleasant (and unlikely) surprise though.

I very much agree with this roster. My guess in goal would be Bittner over Willerscheid at this point.

The defense is exactly the same I would expect, and I cannot see much of a chance for anyone else. Maybe Hafenrichter over Hübner or Niehus, but it seems unlikely.

With the forwards it's a similar situation. I could see one of Gaidel or Nieleck being replaced, but I couldn't tell you by whom. It's just that those two don't seem like locks to me yet, and if somebody forces their way onto the team, I think one of them would be left out. But as of now, I don't see anyone who could realistically take their spot.
None of the other 05s seems to have enough standing with the coaches to be a threat to make it, none of the 06s is yet good enough to make this team, and as much as I like Willhöft, but no, I just can't see him or anyone play as a triple-underager.
Unless I am mixing something up, not even Leon Draisaitl made the team as a triple-underager. Yes, he made it in his D-1 season, but that's only because he was a late birthday.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Missed the U20 game vs. Finland today. I'll try to watch it tomorrow.

Not a bad result losing 4-5. I assume that Finland was not even remotely close to their best team, but that rarely stops them from putting a beating on us.
Going by the boxscore the line of Bicker - Kechter - Elias must have had a strong game. Bicker and Kechter with 1g 2a each, and Elias with 1g 1a.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
None of the other 05s seems to have enough standing with the coaches to be a threat to make it, none of the 06s is yet good enough to make this team, and as much as I like Willhöft, but no, I just can't see him or anyone play as a triple-underager.
Unless I am mixing something up, not even Leon Draisaitl made the team as a triple-underager. Yes, he made it in his D-1 season, but that's only because he was a late birthday.

Yes, I can't imagine Abstreiter taking anyone under 18. That's not been his modi operandi since he's taken over the U20 team.

Just wishful thinking on my behalf because Willhöft is so doggone entertaining.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
With 2 out of 3 games against Finland done, these are the stats for our guys. By the looks of it one line is not like the others.

#PlayerPosCountryGPGATP+/-ShotsPIM
3​
MAYER PaulLDGER2000-230
4​
REICH MichaelLDGER2000020
5​
TROPMANN EdwinRDGER2011-230
6​
SAFFRAN NoelRWGER2000-102
7​
SCHINDLER SamuelRDGER2000+330
9​
HAFENRICHTER LeoRDGER2000010
10​
ANTON MaksimRWGER2000-240
12​
SCHINDLER NicolasLWGER1000-100
14​
BICKER KevinLWGER2437+684
16​
ROLLINGER RalfRWGER2000-300
17​
NIEHUS LuaLDGER2000-110
18​
JUNEMANN EdmundLWGER1000-110
19​
HÜBNER NiklasLDGER2000+112
20​
BRANDL LinusCGER2101-240
21​
SCHREINER VadimCGER2011-130
22​
GAIDEL RikLWGER2011-470
23​
WEBER JakobRDGER2022-122
24​
KECHTER RomanCGER2268+740
25​
NIELECK LennardCGER1000-200
26​
ELIAS MoritzRWGER2224+550
27​
ASSAVOLYUK DanielLWGER2101-310
28​
NIEWOLLIK MarcoCGER1000-112

#PlayerGPGAGAASOGSavesSvPct
1​
BITTNER Matthias1
5​
23​
18​
30​
WOLF Simon1
7​
58​
51​

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I wanted to watch the U20 games vs. Finland, but unfortunately I am unable to purchase the stream. It won't let me pay, so I cannot watch it.
The DEB really needs to improve their site. It should not be such a hassle to pay for those streams. If you put all your streams behind a paywall, you should at least make sure that it works.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
U18 (Tournament in Slovakia):
Pre-tournament match:
SVK : GER 4:1 (shots 31:21)
2:1 PP Boos (Sager)

Tournament:
SVK : GER 4:3 og (shots 41:22)
0:1PP Boos (Lewandowski), 1:2 Schwarz (Seidl), 2:3 SH Farkas (Bleicher)

GER : DEN 3:1 (shots 33:15)
1:1 Seidl (Schwarz), 2:1 PP Seidel (Biggins, Kerbel), 3:1 Boos (Bleicher, Sager)

Fabianski

Feb 5, 2021
DEB announced the final squad for the U20-WC
GK1BittnerMatthias13.02.2004Krefeld Pinguine/Krefelder EV81/IceFighters Leipzig
GK29DietlPhilipp02.07.2004Straubing Tigers/EV Landshut
GK30WolfSimon23.07.2004Red Bull Hockey Juniors/AUT
DF27HübnerNiklas01.04.2004ERC Ingolstadt/Ravensburg Tower Stars
DF5MayerPaul25.09.2005Adler Mannheim/JA Mannheim/Bietigheim Steelers
DF3NiehusLua26.03.2005Löwen Frankfurt/Stuttgart Rebels
DF28PanochaNorwin24.02.2005Chicoutimi Saguenéens/CAN
DF6ReichMichael16.07.2004EV Landshut/Passau Black Hawks
DF7SchindlerSamuel28.12.2004ERC Ingolstadt/Bayreuth Tigers
DF4SinnPhillip13.01.2004Red Bull Salzburg/AUT
DF22WeberJakob22.01.2004EHC Red Bull München/ESV Kaufbeuren
FW10AntonMaksim19.04.2004Moskitos Essen
FW17AssavolyukDaniel08.06.2004Red Bull Hockey Juniors/AUT
FW14BickerKevin29.01.2005Löwen Frankfurt
FW23BrandlLinus01.04.2005Straubing Tigers/EV Landshut
FW26EliasMoritz10.03.2004Augsburger Panther
FW18HaufLuca11.01.2004Seattle Thunderbirds/USA
FW19HördlerEric10.08.2004Eisbären Berlin/Lausitzer Füchse
FW24KechterRoman16.02.2004Nürnberg Ice Tigers
FW8LutzJulian29.02.2004Green Bay Gamblers/USA
FW25NieleckLennard10.03.2004Iserlohn Roosters/Hammer Eisbären
FW13OswaldVeit31.08.2004EHC Red Bull München
FW16RollingerRalf05.06.2004ERC Ingolstadt/Ravensburg Tower Stars
FW12SchreinerVadim25.08.2005Red Bull Hockey Juniors/AUT
FW21SumpfJulius11.01.2005Moncton Wild Cats/CAN

Did anybody see the pre-wc-matches? What do you think about the squad? In my opinion we had to win against latvia and every extrapoint is a big plus... Would love to see Bettahar & Troppmann on defense but it looks like both are injured

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
DEB announced the final squad for the U20-WC
GK1BittnerMatthias13.02.2004Krefeld Pinguine/Krefelder EV81/IceFighters Leipzig
GK29DietlPhilipp02.07.2004Straubing Tigers/EV Landshut
GK30WolfSimon23.07.2004Red Bull Hockey Juniors/AUT
DF27HübnerNiklas01.04.2004ERC Ingolstadt/Ravensburg Tower Stars
DF5MayerPaul25.09.2005Adler Mannheim/JA Mannheim/Bietigheim Steelers
DF3NiehusLua26.03.2005Löwen Frankfurt/Stuttgart Rebels
DF28PanochaNorwin24.02.2005Chicoutimi Saguenéens/CAN
DF6ReichMichael16.07.2004EV Landshut/Passau Black Hawks
DF7SchindlerSamuel28.12.2004ERC Ingolstadt/Bayreuth Tigers
DF4SinnPhillip13.01.2004Red Bull Salzburg/AUT
DF22WeberJakob22.01.2004EHC Red Bull München/ESV Kaufbeuren
FW10AntonMaksim19.04.2004Moskitos Essen
FW17AssavolyukDaniel08.06.2004Red Bull Hockey Juniors/AUT
FW14BickerKevin29.01.2005Löwen Frankfurt
FW23BrandlLinus01.04.2005Straubing Tigers/EV Landshut
FW26EliasMoritz10.03.2004Augsburger Panther
FW18HaufLuca11.01.2004Seattle Thunderbirds/USA
FW19HördlerEric10.08.2004Eisbären Berlin/Lausitzer Füchse
FW24KechterRoman16.02.2004Nürnberg Ice Tigers
FW8LutzJulian29.02.2004Green Bay Gamblers/USA
FW25NieleckLennard10.03.2004Iserlohn Roosters/Hammer Eisbären
FW13OswaldVeit31.08.2004EHC Red Bull München
FW16RollingerRalf05.06.2004ERC Ingolstadt/Ravensburg Tower Stars
FW12SchreinerVadim25.08.2005Red Bull Hockey Juniors/AUT
FW21SumpfJulius11.01.2005Moncton Wild Cats/CAN

Did anybody see the pre-wc-matches? What do you think about the squad? In my opinion we had to win against latvia and every extrapoint is a big plus... Would love to see Bettahar & Troppmann on defense but it looks like both are injured

If I've understood properly, it's not final yet. They'll be cutting another forward and Dman before the tourney starts.

Here's a recent release from the DEB:
<<<
Nach intensiven Trainingseinheiten während der Vorbereitung in Füssen sowie zwei Testspielniederlagen gegen die Schweiz, begibt sich die DEB-Auswahl am Montagmorgen Richtung Skandinavien. Am Abend des 19. Dezember sowie 22. Dezember 2023 stehen der deutschen Mannschaft in zwei weiteren Vorbereitungsspielen die Teams aus Norwegen und der Slowakei gegenüber. Anschließend wird das Trainerteam um U20-Bundestrainer Tobias Abstreiter seinen finalen Kader für das Turnier in Göteborg bekanntgeben. In der Vorrundengruppe A der Junioren-Weltmeisterschaft trifft die deutsche U20-Nationalmannschaft ab dem 27. Dezember 2023 auf Finnland (14:30 Uhr), Schweden (28.12. / 19:30), Lettland (30.12. / 19:30) und Kanada (31.12. / 19:30 Uhr).

U20-Bundestrainer Tobias Abstreiter: „Wir haben in beiden Testspielen gegen die Schweiz gesehen, wie wir spielen müssen, um international Akzente zu setzen, aber auch, was wir besser machen müssen, um konstant auf diesem Level erfolgreich zu spielen. Nach den beiden Testspielen in Schweden gegen Norwegen und die Slowakei werden wir den finalen Kader nominieren. Gleichzeitig möchten wir den Spielern, die jetzt nicht mehr dabei sind, für ihren Einsatz danken.“

The team lost to Norway last night 5-4 in OT. It was a winnable game. A decent result in light of coming back from a 3-1 deficit and then tieing it 4-4 relatively late in the 3rd period.

Reactions: pgfan66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad