German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Isak doesn't look ready for more playing time. Outside of one Cup match, he's looked pretty bad for Dortmund. Limited minutes, but I think a loan might be what happens.

If Auba misses next week, whether by suspension or a move to China, they could move Yarmo to CF. Sancho looks good on the left, and Pulisic is better on the right, so I think that could work well.

I don't mind Isak too much right now. He's certainly playing better than Yarmo. I don't think Auba will miss next week judging from Stöger's comments.

SchwenningerWildWing

Aug 23, 2006
Germany
They have to sell him asap, itˋs a gong show what he is doing. I hope there will be no takers in Europe and this clown has to play in China. Grow up and act like an adult. But I think he is dumb as bread

On a side note, I hate the Video referee, get rid of this BS. When a ref is not seeing a damn clear foul after he watches five replays, he should quit being a ref. Mr.Zwayer, you canˋt be that blind, it is impossible to be that blind.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They have to sell him asap, itˋs a gong show what he is doing. I hope there will be no takers in Europe and this clown has to play in China. Grow up and act like an adult. But I think he is dumb as bread

On a side note, I hate the Video referee, get rid of this BS. When a ref is not seeing a damn clear foul after he watches five replays, he should quit being a ref. Mr.Zwayer, you canˋt be that blind, it is impossible to be that blind.

We need to qualify for the Champions League. I don't want to sell him.

Isak can't score goals yet, and we don't have the players right now to play through the middle, especially with Philipp injured.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When does Philipp get back? With him, Reus coming back and Yarmo settling in more, you can still qualify for the CL without auba; though he would certainly make it a lot smoother.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
When does Philipp get back? With him, Reus coming back and Yarmo settling in more, you can still qualify for the CL without auba; though he would certainly make it a lot smoother.

Yarmo looks worse as he gets more playing time. He's actually really bad. I don't think I'm exaggerating either. Awful out of possession, mucks up a lot of attacks because of bad decision making and he's so slow.

Transfermarkt expects him back beginning of April. I really don't think we can afford to sell Aubameyang before the summer.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think even without Auba they could find a decent short-term solution at center forward. Schürrle could be fine there, but he wasn't really even playing all that centrally today. Or put Götze back in as a center forward and start Dahoud in his place. Reus is supposed to be back in less than a month. They can hold on until then. All the other top teams after Bayern are so mediocre I think they'll be fine. Maybe ask for Giroud back from Arsenal since he's barely playing.

SchwenningerWildWing

Aug 23, 2006
Germany
You can't keep such a player on your team, he is a disgrace. And the Bundesliga is that weak this year behind Bayern, you can qualify for the CL even without such a dumbass. I'm in a no way a BVB fan, but I really feel for them here, Aubameyang was a fun player the last few years, but his behavior is absolutely unacceptable in a team game. He should really grow up fast. And after what I read on social media yesterday, 90% of BVB fans want his ass shipped out asap

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That would be a good signing, I'm not sure we need him though, if the Akanji signing works well and Bartra stays.

We could have a top 4 next season in some order of Akanji, Toprak, Bartra, Zagadou. If Bartra goes though, it would be a good signing. We can't have Sokratis taking key minutes, he needs to go in the summer.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
That would be a good signing, I'm not sure we need him though, if the Akanji signing works well and Bartra stays.

I see Tah as the better option. For a defender Bartra has a lack of size, strenght and speed.
Should help to solve the weakness at set-pieces.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bartra struggled under Bosz, who needs extremely athletic defenders to make up for the extremely high pressing, but he's not exactly slow (compared to Zagadou or Subotic) or weak either, and his effectiveness with the ball is superior to Tah's and still extremely underrated.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, I don't think Bartra's slow. He's a fine player. He's prone to defensive lapses and trying to do too much with the ball, but he's one of our better defenders. I'd prefer he not go. I actually think we are starting to build some good depth at the position, I'm more worried about the other defensive positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad