German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought they did. I wasn't sure though, that's why I asked...

And we'd still be left with the same question, so not sure what your point is.

I didn't make the initial point, that was you. I'm just saying that I don't think its fair to make that complaint when they not only missed a penalty call on Dortmund earlier, but gave him a red card, so even if you reversed the penalties, we still also got a red card for it.

In the end, I think all these Aytekin mistakes have evened out. Its annoying to watch this guy try to ruin football matches, but its his specialty.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Gotze....I know y'all like him but Kagawa brings so much more energy than him, you need more than a few nice passes and flick-ons from the midfield.

I wouldn't take too much away from that game because it was a mess, neither team could field their best and it was a mess. I'd probably go with Dortmund to finish ahead of RB just because I think they're both fairly equal but Bosz is a better coach and Hassenhuttl's team selections each week also leave me scratching my head. But they're improving more rapidly and probably beef up more at the next transfer window, a proper CM beside Keita would be huge.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bosz couldn't defend with Ajax. Hasn't shown much understanding of defending with BVB either. Sure, he's doing things right offensively, but I don't see him as a better coach right now.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Bosz couldn't defend with Ajax. Hasn't shown much understanding of defending with BVB either. Sure, he's doing things right offensively, but I don't see him as a better coach right now.

You don't have to beat Bayern or RB. His team just needs to get more points against the lesser teams and I'm more confident in BVB beating a Hertha or Hamburg than I am in RB who are inconsistent and unpredictable. They also do well in a game like this where they counter but struggle against a team like Gladbach. Dortmund absolutely bossed Gladbach.....RB had the bulk share of possession but really struggled with it compared to Dortmund and let Gladbach back into the game in the 2nd half.

I do think Dortmund's personnel are a bit better as well but again, that might just take 2-3 transfer windows to turn into RB's favour.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You don't have to beat Bayern or RB. His team just needs to get more points against the lesser teams and I'm more confident in BVB beating a Hertha or Hamburg than I am in RB who are inconsistent and unpredictable. They also do well in a game like this where they counter but struggle against a team like Gladbach. Dortmund absolutely bossed Gladbach.....RB had the bulk share of possession but really struggled with it compared to Dortmund and let Gladbach back into the game in the 2nd half.

I do think Dortmund's personnel are a bit better as well but again, that might just take 2-3 transfer windows to turn into RB's favour.

If you want to win the league, you have to.

I agree with Evilo though. And if you are going to go with this approach, at least play some players who fit the system. Playing Sokratis, Sahin, Castro, Zagadou at LB with a high line is asking to give up goals. Those guys are all relatively slow. There are better options he's leaving on the bench. And if he insists on playing these players in this match because of the Champions League match in midweek, he's gotta change up the tactics, but this team was eventually going to be caught out like they were today.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
You don't need a new one anymore....

Also cheeky Kimmich goal for anyone who didn't see it (I watched the Schalke game because I find Bayern dominating minnows to get boring after a while):

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Gotze....I know y'all like him but Kagawa brings so much more energy than him, you need more than a few nice passes and flick-ons from the midfield.

Götze was again Dortmund's best player when the rest of the team was lost. Hardly on him.

Dortmund's personnel are a bit better as well but again, that might just take 2-3 transfer windows to turn into RB's favour.

It'll take longer than that.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
^ He's a sub now usually, lost his speed.

Anyways, Grifo was apparently healthy for Gladbach but they're starting the same 4-4-2 line-up they almost always do with Kramer/Zakaria in the middle. I could see this ending in 0 - 0 considering it's Bremen.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
One of the better goals of the season by Stindl, nice first touch and turn then a hard shot from a bad angle into the net.

Forces Bremen to play less conservative...probably not.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jojo with a beautiful turn to give Werder their first real chance at goal with the final kick of the match. Kid is so slick, shame Werder couldn't get him more of the ball after he came on.

Bet he's on the NT by the Euros if he's moved to a club where he'll play in europe before then...just sayin he'd be so sexy playing with Stindl, Kramer, Benes, Cuisance, Hazard & Zakaria.

Question regarding German ticketing in general, perhaps for cgf in particular - I'm going to be in Berlin at the beginning of November and decided to check what games are on and discovered Union is playing St Pauli at home, which is probably as attractive a match-up as I could've hoped for. The question is, if I get a friend who lives there to get tickets, will he have no problem doing so? Here games like that are often classified as "risky" meaning the tickets only go through the teams' respective fan clubs and it can be next to impossible to get them without a membership. Or that's the case up until a certain point and then only a small number of tickets are released for general buying. Do you think any of that will be applicable here?

You'll be perfectly fine. I prefer standing between the middle of the pitch to the corner, away from Ultras, anyways, but as BE said there should be absolutely no tension between us & the St. Pauli fans as we are often on the same side of things when it comes to league decisions, i.e. the were the first club to support our 12:12 protests.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Yeah another pretty toothless performance by Bremen in attack, mostly shitty shots from the midfield, one sitter on a cross Delaney roofed (he was pretty average today), and one Eggestein shot in stoppage time. No presence up front, Belfodil didn't do anything, Bartels having to play more advanced then he's good for, and the delivery wouldn't be good enough even if the strikers were better.

I liked Hazard for Gladbach but overcomplicates it like usual, Stindl ran a lot like usual (definetely need his work rate for the NT as a backup at the World Cup), Wendt had a pretty good game, and Fabian Johnson was an offensive black hole but Traore looked good when he replaced him with 15 minutes left.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Getting Traore healthy again is huge. He has the class that Stindl, Raffael, and Hazard bring to the table and really helps when they need to cracked deep defending sides.

Werder still haven't figured out what to do in Grillitsch's absence in midfield. Though kruse's injury is a back breaker as well.

PS the good guys are back up to third in BuLi2 :cool:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
You'll be perfectly fine. I prefer standing between the middle of the pitch to the corner, away from Ultras, anyways, but as BE said there should be absolutely no tension between us & the St. Pauli fans as we are often on the same side of things when it comes to league decisions, i.e. the were the first club to support our 12:12 protests.

Oh, I'm not worried about my safety, the question was really just more about the ease of getting tickets. Thanks!

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So, next friday we'll see the showdown between Köln and Bremen. I hope Stöger wins to secure his job. I like this guy.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Seems like they're starting Bartra as the right-back with Schmezler starting again at LB, Dortmund?

RB have Werner still on the bench but Forsberg's back in, Bruma stays but moved to the right side, Poulsen's out.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh, I'm not worried about my safety, the question was really just more about the ease of getting tickets. Thanks!

Gotcha, yeah you should be able to get tickets to that match. Never hurts to get them as early as you can, but there's plenty of space in the stadium since they finished the renovations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad