Speculation: Gerard Gallant FIRED, Should Montreal go for it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
At least Eugene's teams have gone to the finals and the rebuild is about 2 years away from completion while we're stuck in mediocrity
Your saying that a team whose owner ran their biggest star outta town and signed online white as the "equalizer" is better run than the habs?

No.

And molson pays his gambling debts

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
yeah but Melnick does not have the same "easy" market to make money, and thus must play under a strict cap to remain profitable. Molson saves $9MM/year because his employee couldn't find a UFA (or trade with Cap-strapped team) to use it.
Bergevin dresses in $4000 suits, and pulls into Jiffy Lube for a $19.99 oil change on his Lamborghini.
He may be a financial strapped dumpster fire but a dumpster fire he is.

And if the argument is that Ottawa is better off becuase they don't have Montreal's market, no one outside Toronto does.

Reactions: themilosh

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
What's the funniest is Gallant was replaced by the person he probably hates the most hockey lolol

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
First thing i would do if i became Habs GM (and no it's never gonna happen but anyway) would be to come out and say in a press conference that from now on this team want to win and will hire to most qualified people no matter their language , nationality etc . Sure there would be some kind blacklash like those crazies did when Cunneyworth replaced Martin but honestly i don't think it would last very long. I'd give it a week or two before it dies out and no one cares

I'm sick of this language barrier **** seriously. It has handcuffed us for waaaayyyyy too long

I've always felt it would play out this way if we just had a gm or president that had the balls to do it.

Reactions: Gains

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Absolutely I would re-hire Gallant and fire Julien. The small adjustments aren't enough anymore.

Shock therapy: The best therapy. :nod:

durojean

May 29, 2007
yes, caused they embrace giving the youth play time, Julien didin't and Gallant doesn't give youth playtime, Glass could be used a lot more

But their team is not at the same place we are. Gallant is the one who developped Barkov and Huberdeau and helped flourish a lot of young players in Vegas.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
No change. You ride this out at this point till the off season. I dont think we have the best coach in the nhl by any means but I dont feel hes the elephant in the room.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
A question I have which admittedly may have been answered in these 10 pages. Why is a guy that is so likable and has been successful, getting unceremoniously canned....twice (thrice counting Clb)?

MrGold

Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012
A question I have which admittedly may have been answered in these 10 pages. Why is a guy that is so likable and has been successful, getting unceremoniously canned....twice (thrice counting Clb)?

Best guesses:

1. He seems to get at odds with management. In Florida they wanted to play by the advanced stats numbers and he probably told them off. In Vegas, Tatar not being played after being traded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd at the deadline.

2. He exacts everything he can from the players and accepts no compromise on efforts. The kind of coach that gets tuned out fairly rapidly. The question, I suppose, is whether or not he does it in a respectful way to players given the era we live in.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Best guesses:

1. He seems to get at odds with management. In Florida they wanted to play by the advanced stats numbers and he probably told them off. In Vegas, Tatar not being played after being traded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd at the deadline.

2. He exacts everything he can from the players and accepts no compromise on efforts. The kind of coach that gets tuned out fairly rapidly. The question, I suppose, is whether or not he does it in a respectful way to players given the era we live in.
I'd also add that expectations were a little high after his first year in Vegas. Vegas is good but it's unrealistic to expect that roster to dominate every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad