Speculation: Gerard Gallant FIRED, Should Montreal go for it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Gotta be something else behind the scenes with Gallant.

But if not, very strange decision.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know if there is something behind the scenes to this. Because despite Vegas' recent struggles, they're still in the playoffs holding a Wild Card spot and only 3 points from 1st place of their Division.

They lost 4 straight and have been 4-6-0 in their last 10.

Meanwhile, Habs have two 8-game losing streaks where in those 16 games, they picked up a grand total of 4 points of a possible 32. All is good there. :laugh:

I would take Gallant in a split second.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Would be a better fit for what Bergevin is attempting to do then Julien is.

But ultimately...4 quarters for 1 dollar.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Last time around, Julien was fired. Then Habs went on their Bye-Week and made the coaching change.

Here's hoping history repeats itself. One coach is fired heading into Habs' Bye-Week and the coaching change is made. ;)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Did he learn french in Vegas? if not , too bad ...unfortunately we all know the game here.

That said, be good to see him back behind the bench in Montreal

Reactions: TouzY

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don't know if there is something behind the scenes to this. Because despite Vegas' recent struggles, they're still in the playoffs holding a Wild Card spot and only 3 points from 1st place of their Division.

They lost 4 straight and have been 4-6-0 in their last 10.

Meanwhile, Habs have two 8-game losing streaks where in those 16 games, they picked up a grand total of 4 points of a possible 32. All is good there. :laugh:

I would take Gallant in a split second.
I find it borderline hilarious how coaches are being recycled around the league.

One man's trash is another man's pleasure treasure

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Vegas are 5 games above .500 and in a playoff race.....strange timing for firing Gallant
Obviously they didnt bounce it off Molson. Because In Montreal ? With that record ?......Gallant would be good for 10 years, 3 of losing, "3 resets" , then start to consider a change.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maybe I'm misremebering, but last time around, before the Habs' officially fired MT to replace him with CJ, wasn't Gallant spotted around the Bell Center the week before the coaching change? So all kinds of speculation there when that was being rumored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad