Seravalli: Georgiev has requested a trade

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
So does this mean lack of good/decent goalies out there has raised the asking price for those who are under contracts on other teams , like Khudobin possibly?

I doubt it. There just isn't enough demand for goalies for the asking price to be too high.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
If they moved Shesterkin to, say Edmonton or Arizona, I'm sure Georgiev would reconsider staying.

Something to think about.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
And Shesterkin is overrated.
I hope the will trade Georgiev and end up with egg on their faces.
Ok, we'll entertain that maybe you're right. Maybe Shesterkin is overrated. Why does trading Georgiev make NYR end up with egg on their faces when Shesterkin is still much better than Georgiev? How does that make sense?

Reactions: bl02

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Is Georgiev any good? Numbers look meh. Rags fans answer me now.

NHL average of .912 and 2.95 on a mostly shit team with almost 100 NHL games under his belt (43-38-9). For someone who's only 25 that's appealing. I wouldn't want him to be my starter... but I don't think I'd mind going into a season with him as my 1B guy expecting him to play 40-ish games.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If they moved Shesterkin to, say Edmonton or Arizona, I'm sure Georgiev would reconsider staying.

Something to think about.
Edmonton might have the most ideal situation in the league for him. He'd have an older goalie in Smith to take pressure off, but also gives a clear path to earn a starter job on a potential contender.

Reactions: McDoused

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
'they have no leverage because he wants out'
'everything is untouchable except for maybe a 5th and a 7th round pick'

Am I doing this right?

<---- Annoyed Sabre fan from the Eichel trade thread.

I meant as part of what could be going Buffalo's way. I didn't say Georgiev for Eichel...

And I'm sorry you Sabres fans deal with this pain everyday.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Thread title needs to be changed to:

Georgiev may or may not have requested a trade (depending on who you believe... Seravalli or Georgiev's agent Mike Liut) but either way it looks like NYR is shopping him

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What’s a potential contender? Aren’t all 32 teams a potential contender?
Nope. A team with McDavid and Draisaitl are though, especially when the rest of the core and depth are improving finally. And I'll remind you again that I'm not saying they are there yet.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Nope. A team with McDavid and Draisaitl are though, especially when the rest of the core and depth are improving finally. And I'll remind you again that I'm not saying they are there yet.
A team with Mcdavid and Drasaitl is a good start but they aren’t going anywhere with the rest of that roster. My team has Lafreniere, the Norris winner, Shestyorkin, Zibanejad, Kakko, Trouba and I’m still not calling them a potential contender— even though they’re much better positioned to be one than the Oilers. Who have a 38 year old goalie as well.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
A team with Mcdavid and Drasaitl is a good start but they aren’t going anywhere with the rest of that roster. My team has Lafreniere, the Norris winner, Shestyorkin, Zibanejad, Kakko, Trouba and I’m still not calling them a potential contender— even though they’re much better positioned to be one than the Oilers. Who have a 38 year old goalie as well.
I disagree but whatever. That can be opinion. What is not opinion is that players have come here specifically because they feel the team will be great with those two players. So no matter how I framed things, there is reason to believe that Georgiev would jump at the chance to be our starting goalie.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
I disagree but whatever. That can be opinion. What is not opinion is that players have come here specifically because they feel the team will be great with those two players. So no matter how I framed things, there is reason to believe that Georgiev would jump at the chance to be our starting goalie.
Ok fair enough, maybe he would be your starting goalie, just commenting on the contender comment, let’s see what happens

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Edmonton might have the most ideal situation in the league for him. He'd have an older goalie in Smith to take pressure off, but also gives a clear path to earn a starter job on a potential contender.

While I'm not convinced that Smith is the guy that can help take pressure off, your point is valid.

I think Edmon is one of the prime landing spots for one of NYR's two Russians.

Reactions: Devonator

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Your team is not afraid of your two franchise bolting in a couple years if they aren't contending. The gun is to Holland's head and it appears he has a 3yr window to make it one.

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
quite literally Edmonton has the WORST goaltending top to bottom in the NHL. I really dont think its debateable. Would Georgiev help ? certainly, but I doubt he's the answer. Much like Talbot was Georgiev might be a serviceable and Playoff worthy stopgap... I really think Edmonton needs to face the truth and pay up for a guy like Gibson... even if it costs 2 firsts or more. get someone you know is a difference maker and will show McDavid youre serious and not just wasting his time and career away.

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
Mike Smith was a top 5 goalie in the league last year. They don’t have close to the worst goaltending. Not even bottom 10.

fine if youre satisfied with a 39 year old Goaltender who hasnt played more than 40 games in the regular season in 4 years as your starter, I guess we'll just agree to disagree. but Ill stick by my opinion.

quite literally Edmonton has the WORST goaltending top to bottom in the NHL and from where i sit its not even close.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
fine if youre satisfied with a 39 year old Goaltender who hasnt played more than 40 games in the regular season in 4 years as your starter, I guess we'll just agree to disagree. but Ill stick by my opinion.

quite literally Edmonton has the WORST goaltending top to bottom in the NHL and from where i sit its not even close.
They have the same tandem that’s had them contending for a division title in back to back years. They’ll be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad