Seravalli: Georgiev has requested a trade

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He's a 1B goalie who's inconsistent and behind a legit #1 goalie so I get this request.

Shesterkin is our G, might as well have a cheaper backup and cash in on Georgiev.

I'm joking about 'the fight'.

Still, there's no good reason for a 1b to request a trade when he's competing with an unestablished goalie prospect. NYR is the best fit for him. So this is a red flag.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Hate to say it but a lot of teams made goalie moves yesterday, and none of them involved Georgie. I don't think he's going to get the starting opportunity he wants anywhere in the NHL.

Except maybe Buffalo.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hate to say it but a lot of teams made goalie moves yesterday, and none of them involved Georgie. I don't think he's going to get the starting opportunity he wants anywhere in the NHL.

Except maybe Buffalo.

What about Edmonton or Arizona? or SJ? I know SJ got Reimer but who else?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I'm joking about 'the fight'.

Still, there's no good reason for a 1b to request a trade when he's competing with an unestablished goalie prospect. NYR is the best fit for him. So this is a red flag.
There's a million good reasons to request a trade, they just don't all have hockey as the primary motivation. Maybe he doesn't agree with Allaire's
coaching or assessment of his style. Maybe it's loyalty to Quinn. Maybe the rest of the team thinks he's a schlep for firing the first shot at a teammate but not taking any of the heat. Maybe the big city life doesn't suit him. You never know.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There's a million good reasons to request a trade, they just don't all have hockey as the primary motivation. Maybe he doesn't agree with Allaire's
coaching or assessment of his style. Maybe it's loyalty to Quinn. Maybe the rest of the team thinks he's a schlep for firing the first shot at a teammate but not taking any of the heat. Maybe the big city life doesn't suit him. You never know.

"maybe his teammates think he's a schlep" isn't a good reason from a hockey perspective.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
This has been known. He wants to start and that's not happening with Shesty. There are a bunch of teams who should take a shot on him and even though NY is asking for a 1st, especially with what Keumper returned, a 2nd plus another late pick or prospect probably gets it done.

Reactions: Poacher

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Only few places for him to go. And those places aren't the kind of teams who are giving up 1sts right now.

Arizona or Buffalo are the only real teams without a bonafide #1 this season.

I'm guessing thye get a prospect and a mid round pick back

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
"maybe his teammates think he's a schlep" isn't a good reason from a hockey perspective.
Maybe it's his perception and not even really the way they feel. That's the point. It's not the team cutting him loose, it's him asking to leave. The reasons don't have to make sense to anyone but him.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Interesting to see where he goes he's a decent goalie.....Better for Rangers though to keep him see if team gets desperate mid season

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I do want him in AZ, but not this year. I'd rather let tank commander Hutton take most of these losses this year.

If a deal is available during next summer, yes :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad