Post-Game Talk: Generic NHL Opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
For some reason Gus isn’t getting his flowers from this league. He’s prob a 50 60 pt top 4 dman easily. Drury should be sniffing around a long term extension with this guy asap. Was great in Washington. Love his game now.

I don’t get why he isn’t making any money.

He's not consistent. In 20/21 as a 29 year old, he averaged 13 minutes with Montreal and wasn't good for them. In last year’s playoff run with Toronto, he was a 6/7 and averaged 10:00 a game and got scratched for a couple games.

He was very solid for WSH logging top 4 minutes. And he's been pretty solid for us to start.

I would sign him for another year or two if he accepts a slight raise and wants to stay. Definitely wouldn't sign him long term and give him any notable raise.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
If it makes anyone feel better, the Oilers lost to the Canucks 4 to 3 in a game where they out shot them 40 to 16. Could be worse!

But yeah, some real bad defensive reads from the young Dmen in like a 10 minutes span cost us. Way too early to give up on Schneider or Jones but HF gonna HF.

Also 2 games and no noticeable Bread giveaways. Stonks rising!

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If it makes anyone feel better, the Oilers lost to the Canucks 4 to 3 in a game where they out shot them 40 to 16. Could be worse!

But yeah, some real bad defensive reads from the young Dmen in like a 10 minutes span cost us. Way too early to give up on Schneider or Jones but HF gonna HF.

Also 2 games and no noticeable Bread giveaways. Stonks rising!

Panarin looks really good.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
82n6ga.jpg

Braden

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Felt they played very well, bad luck 2nd period, and those overturned goals (which unfortunately were the right calls) really hurt.

Gotta get a W tomorrow against Arizona.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Played well.
Third pairing killed us.
Need to be stronger mentally.
Gus is a double-edged sword.
Need help on LD.
Or it could be we need help on RD. I know the MSG hype machine makes it difficult for some to see Schneider's weaknesses. But they are there. Turn the sound down & watch.

More than anything, the most positive aspect of the first two games is that Panarin looks really good. He deserved to have 3 or 4 assists tonight. But overall it was a fine performance, one where they deserved a much better result than what they got.
He is like a different player this year ... stealing pucks, creating 2nd-chance possessions, all over the offensive zone. Good to see.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
That fist pumping, caricature, loser was probably fist pumping all night. That's what's so tilting.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Othmann to replace Wheeler by late November if Wheeler doesn't pick it up

I like the sound of an Othmann - Trocheck - Cuylle line. As long as one of them can play well on the off wing I guess. Always liked watching when those two would play each other in the OHL. Seemed like they had a friendly rivalry, every time one of them would score the other would answer back. Don’t think I’ve ever seen them on the same line but that would rock. All three have a similar PITA style too so it makes sense.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I like the sound of an Othmann - Trocheck - Cuylle line. As long as one of them can play well on the off wing I guess. Always liked watching when those two would play each other in the OHL. Seemed like they had a friendly rivalry, every time one of them would score the other would answer back. Don’t think I’ve ever seen them on the same line but that would rock. All three have a similar PITA style too so it makes sense.

The over the counter line!

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Jones and Schneider together were a tire fire as I've been saying.

Zac Jones is not an NHL defenseman. Please trade him now while someone still thinks he has value.

I don't care for Harpur, but if someone has to step in for an injured D such as Lindgren here, I'd rather Harpur than Jones.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Shit result, but the game wasn't that bad.

Forward lines are ok, but something needs to be done to ensure we don't EVER get Schneider-Jones again. Either Lavy mixes up the pairs, or Drury does something. But that pairing cannot exist.

Guess Laviolette didn't want to mix up every pair, otherwise this wouldn't have been as bad, I don't think:

Miller - Fox
Jones - Trouba
Gustafsson - Schneider

I didn't see all of the game. Valiquette was saying some goalies really hate shot-blocking because it just creates a screen. Was that the case on the first 2 goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad