OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing - Round XII

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Black beast was just manhandled by the polar bear, its insane to see Derek Lewis get dominated like that.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I met Chuck Lidell recently. Really nice guy. The Ice Man was a bad ass once upon a time

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
What's laughable is still holding on to this silly idea that PEDs magically turn you into some superhero.
At the very top level of strength or combat sports they sort of do.

If you look at any sport that allows doping, at the top level you'll never have a chance to compete if you're not on what the rest of the pack is on.

Reactions: LV426

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
To everyone here who always contradicted me...There is no more debate. Jon Jones is unquestionable the GOAT.
3 years off, jumps a weight class, beats the champ in like 2 min...and obviously it has to be in an unconventional submission. G.O.A.T
I don't think there was ever a question. I would venture to say that Jones is probably in the same ranks as MJ in terms of dominance of his sport.

He's just a level above everyone, he's the perfect physical specimen and his instincts are just naturally exceptional.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
At the very top level of strength or combat sports they sort of do.

If you look at any sport that allows doping, at the top level you'll never have a chance to compete if you're not on what the rest of the pack is on.
No, they don't. PEDs do not make you grapple more, they don't bring you innovation, they don't improve striking, they don't give you the ability to beat a world class athlete in about 2 min.
This is just miseducation towards PEDs, and also shows a level of ignorance towards the skill being displayed.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
To everyone here who always contradicted me...There is no more debate. Jon Jones is unquestionable the GOAT.
3 years off, jumps a weight class, beats the champ in like 2 min...and obviously it has to be in an unconventional submission. G.O.A.T
I was one of those people. I’ll eat my crow. He made it look easy.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't think there was ever a question. I would venture to say that Jones is probably in the same ranks as MJ in terms of dominance of his sport.

He's just a level above everyone, he's the perfect physical specimen and his instincts are just naturally exceptional.
Agreed. To dispose of Gane in the manner he did was incredibly impressive.

I was one of those people. I’ll eat my crow. He made it look easy.
3 years back, jumps a weight class, and submits Gane like this...damn.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
No, they don't. PEDs do not make you grapple more, they don't bring you innovation, they don't improve striking, they don't give you the ability to beat a world class athlete in about 2 min.
This is just miseducation towards PEDs, and also shows a level of ignorance towards the skill being displayed.
PEDs improve your training, improve your recovery times, make you more powerful in the clinch, more difficult to grapple, help you to strike harder, etc...

No one's saying PEDs magically make you an elite fighter, but if you take 2 world class fighters and allow 1 to train with them and the other can't then that makes a world of difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad