OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Barboza needs distance to be effective. Once you take that away from him he's in trouble. When he has it though watch out, cause those kicks are deadly !

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Fedor Emelianenko, Frank Mir break down their long-awaited Bellator 198 fight
I admit it's purely a nostalgia thing for me but I can't help but look forward to that fight. I don't like seeing him in the cage at this point in his life but Fedor still has enough of an ''aura'' to me where if he's on I'm definitely watching. He was my hero in the early 2000's, you never truly forget that, even as you get older.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Fedor Emelianenko, Frank Mir break down their long-awaited Bellator 198 fight
I admit it's purely a nostalgia thing for me but I can't help but look forward to that fight. I don't like seeing him in the cage at this point in his life but Fedor still has enough of an ''aura'' to me where if he's on I'm definitely watching. He was my hero in the early 2000's, you never truly forget that, even as you get older.
I miss those Pride days...I really do. To me that was the best time to watch MMA. Major butterflies in my stomach before every single event. Always excited about it. I miss those times.
But really...those guys are completely done. It's sad they're still fighting actually.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I miss those Pride days...I really do. To me that was the best time to watch MMA. Major butterflies in my stomach before every single event. Always excited about it. I miss those times.
But really...those guys are completely done. It's sad they're still fighting actually.
I get you man, I feel 100% the same way, those were the days . I agree about both of them needing to retire too, there's nothing to gain about hanging on at this point. Sadly it looks like they've signed for multiple fights, for whatever reason.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I get you man, I feel 100% the same way. I agree about both of them needing to retire too, there's nothing to gain about hanging on at this point. Sadly it looks like they've signed for multiple fights, for whatever reason.
Well, no doubt they like fighting, and I guess last ditch effort to grab whatever cash they can from this.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Fedor always had a strange standup game, he's both flatfooted and keeps his hands dangerously low. It somehow works for him though, mostly thanks to explosiveness . That's one of the first thing that an older fighter will lose generally, which has led to his problems in his last few fights. Luckily he had his old speed tonight.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
HE DOES !!
You are admittedly biased, so it's okay, but that was one heck of a ridiculous fight lol..
They really have no business fighting. They looked old, slow, sloppy, it was just lame to be honest.
Of course, they can still throw some bombs around, that's never going to disappear. But seriously, time to hang it up.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
You are admittedly biased, so it's okay, but that was one heck of a ridiculous fight lol..
They really have no business fighting. They looked old, slow, sloppy, it was just lame to be honest.
Of course, they can still throw some bombs around, that's never going to disappear. But seriously, time to hang it up.
Oh absolutely, it was sloppy as all hell. I was just glad Fedor won but I still maintain that I'd rather never see him fight again . Same for Mir really.
Interesting, but I've heard Nate say before that GSP was his brothers guy.
He did but his brother isn't fighting at this point, possibly ever again, which changes the complexion a bit. Dana will offer him a ton of money to do it, probably way too much to turn down . I'm sure Nick will be telling him the same thing : '' dude, just that the money '' .

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Oh absolutely, it was sloppy as all hell. I was just glad Fedor won but I still maintain that I'd rather never see him fight again . Same for Mir really.

He did but his brother isn't fighting at this point, possibly ever again, which changes the complexion a bit. Dana will offer him a ton of money to do it, probably way too much to turn down . I'm sure Nick will be telling him the same thing : '' dude, just that the money '' .
Pretty sure Nick would slap Nate around if he passed up a 7 figure deal to fight GSP.
Not sure why they want to make that fight happen though. If GSP isn't fighting for Championships, I don't really know why he's fighting.
He proved he could come back, he owned his weightclass, probably the best p4p ever, not sure what the point of coming back to fight Nate is..

I guess he wants some cash still..

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't see how GSP could fight at any other weight than 170 at this point honestly. Nate will have to either meet him there or agree to a 175-ish catch weight. No way in hell he makes lightweight at his age, they'll have to amputate his legs or something.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I don't see how GSP could fight at any other weight than 170 at this point honestly. Nate will have to either meet him there or agree to a 175-ish catch weight. No way in hell he makes lightweight at his age, they'll have to amputate his legs or something.

IF GSP faces Nate it's to test out 155, make money and hype then go for Conor/whoever to become 3 division champion.

Reactions: Cobra Commander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad