Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
*** Since scoring three goals in three games in mid-December, Zach Senyshyn has two goals in his last 30 games.

Goal scoring threat. As well as Sweeney has done in the draft I'm almost willing to let this go but blown first round picks always haunt you.
Almost Willing? Tough Crowd.. You must have been furious when they picked Frederic too

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Blown first round pick, before he even plays an NHL game :laugh:

How many games of Senyshyn's have you watched?

I saw him on Sunday and a couple of things jumped out at me about him

1. He was leading the warmup drills, directing who did what and when.
2. He was on the PK and working very hard on doing that well. He made several good plays to breakup chances.
3. He is not only a "grab the puck and drive the net hoping your talent would get you thru only to get stuffed" player anymore. He made several smart passes and kept good positioning.

Would I liked tto have seen him score and light it up? Yea sure but from what I have seen on the transformation of Providence since Sweeney got the job is that for the prospects the whole point is for them to work on very specific things. He was obviously told to work on his 2 way game and is doing just that. I will be interested to see what he looks like in training camp next year because he still lookks skinny and needs to fill out some.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Blues fan coming in peace, I have been going through all my man cave stuff the last few days. The wife wants me to clean it up so my boys can move the video games into the cave. I inherited a bunch of stuff when my dad passed, gifted some as presents and collected others. This is an album of ones I am not sure are real or not, their is a Bruins puck in here and I have no idea who signed it, if you do not mind and are knowledgeable about who it maybe please let me know. It is hard to compare to a real signature when i have no idea who it is even supposed to be :)

BLong86

Mar 21, 2018
Blues fan coming in peace, I have been going through all my man cave stuff the last few days. The wife wants me to clean it up so my boys can move the video games into the cave. I inherited a bunch of stuff when my dad passed, gifted some as presents and collected others. This is an album of ones I am not sure are real or not, their is a Bruins puck in here and I have no idea who signed it, if you do not mind and are knowledgeable about who it maybe please let me know. It is hard to compare to a real signature when i have no idea who it is even supposed to be :)

Ray Borque for sure. Clearly the R, q and e. Comparing it to this one below. Keeper for sure!
Ray Bourque Autographed Boston Bruins Official Game Puck With Beckett COA

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Guy has the talent, just has to stay on the ice. It’s not going to be easy though, he’s lost a lot of ground to players like Heinen and DeBrusk, and now Donato.

I agree but not all that worried. Is Cehlarik frustrated? I asked the question from Mark Diver of the Providence Journal. His response, a really good kid who works extremely hard. Yes the injuries have set him back. I believe he would be playing with the bruins if he didn't experience the bad luck with injuries.

Reactions: FanSince72

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It’s still his first pro season. Plus, wasn’t he always considered more of a “project” prospect than a lot of his peers? I can’t watch Prov games at all so I have little input as to where he stands, but writing young players off for struggling to put up numbers in their first pro season just seems over reactive to me.

If you want to discount him already, that’s fine. Your prerogative. But you have to respect people that see the developing part of his game as well. You really seem like you want to see him fail at this point. Why is that? You want to thump your chest about criticising the pick off the bat? Well guess what, he’s a Bruin now, so why not at least hold out hope he turns into a useful player?
Good points

The true irony is many here wouldn`t have picked him at that spot yet......have expectations he should be playing like a high pick. Which is it?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
What have the lines been looking like for the P Bruins? Curious

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
What have the lines been looking like for the P Bruins? Curious

Friday night versus Lehigh Valley (Mark Divver tweet):

Fitzgerald-Frederic-Czarnik
Agostino-Hennessey-Cehlarik
Blidh-Cave-Senyshyn
Porter-Hughes-Hargrove

Cross-Clifton
Breen-Zboril
Lauzon-Johansson

McIntyre

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Friday night versus Lehigh Valley (Mark Divver tweet):

Fitzgerald-Frederic-Czarnik
Agostino-Hennessey-Cehlarik
Blidh-Cave-Senyshyn
Porter-Hughes-Hargrove

Cross-Clifton
Breen-Zboril
Lauzon-Johansson

McIntyre

The plan this year has to be keeping Senyshyn in the bottom 6 regardless, and then next year, when it’s probably assumed that 2/4 top 6 wingers will not be back, he slots up. Hell, a potential of 3/4 may not be back, if they trade someone like Cehlarik.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
there is no rush on Senyshyn and they are having him doing a lot of different things and coming along

Zboril also has been invisible fenced and the out of position and high risk decisions have been far and few between

Fitzgerald has been impressive and looks like he should get a shot somewhere

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
there is no rush on Senyshyn and they are having him doing a lot of different things and coming along

Zboril also has been invisible fenced and the out of position and high risk decisions have been far and few between

Fitzgerald has been impressive and looks like he should get a shot somewhere

It seems like Fitzgerald is ignored by lots of people. He's having a really good rookie season in Providence, with 17 goals and 15 assists for 32 points in 55 games.

That's tops in rookie scoring for the team and 4th on the whole team (veterans Czarnik, Szwarz and Agostino are ahead of him).

He could surprise in the Bruins training camp.

TheAHL.com

Reactions: Strafer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It seems like Fitzgerald is ignored by lots of people. He's having a really good rookie season in Providence, with 17 goals and 15 assists for 32 points in 55 games.

That's tops in rookie scoring for the team and 4th on the whole team (veterans Czarnik, Szwarz and Agostino are ahead of him).

He could surprise in the Bruins training camp.

TheAHL.com
I totally blew it had tickets tonight for Providence and forgot

Booooo

Not expensive but one of my Bruins season ticket buds called to go out to eat and I said I was going to hit the couch and watch a lot of different games in different sports

I would have gone had I realized I had this game - having a mini 5 -7 games you lose track

Should have put in phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad