Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Love to read the response to this, whom did he not impress? You, other Bruin posters? Listen, if you didn`t and don`t like the pick that`s fine, but I would like to know who he didn`t impress? This kid might have gotten chosen slightly ahead of where the experts predicted but it wasn`t like he was a projected 3rd rounder taken in the 1st.

I`ll go out on a limb and guess that over 90% of those who didn`t like the pick, had never heard of the kid, had never seen him play, couldn`t tell you what league and team he played in.

I`d never heard of him, no clue where he played but that didn`t prompt me to immediately dismiss the kid`s potential.
3 games into his pro career and I`ll guess your still unimpressed, solid sample size

You can count me in on this one when the Bruins first announced the pick I thought it was Evgeny Svechnikov.

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc
Will post some updates during tonight's game, as long as AHL live cooperates.

Tentative lines, per Mark Divver:

Fitzgerald-JFK-Cehlarik
Heinen-Szwarz-Czarnik
Blidh-Cave-Senyshyn
Gabrielle-Hennessy-Porter

Lauzon-Cross
Grzelcyk-Zboril
Breen-Johansson

Binnington in net, Vladar backs him up.

Did O'Gara get called up?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Fitzgerald-JFK-Cehlarik
Heinen-Szwarz-Czarnik
Blidh-Cave-Senyshyn

Lauzon-Cross
Grzelcyk-Zboril
Breen-Johansson

Heinen and Swarz are usually money together.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Rene Rancourt in the house for that "big game" feel :D

The Springfield feed certainly blows the Dunk production away...

Not much going on in the first. Bruins kill off a weak penalty call to Cross. JFK-Cehlarik looking good. Lauzon showing some strong skating. 0-0 midway thru first.

Still 0-0 after one. Szwarz hit a post on the PK but not much going on offensively. TBirds with the overall edge in play.

Haven't see anything official on O'Gara, but it makes sense to hold him out in case he's plays in Boston tomorrow.

Bruins with an early PP in the second, but Hennessy loses the puck both times he touches it. Wonder how much he has left in the tank.

Szwarz scores a SH goal midway thru the second. Heinen & Breen with the assists.

Bruins kill off a couple of penalties, including a brief 5 on 3. Bennington looks good out there.

Zboril with a nice hard check that drops a TBird.

7:01 left in the second, Blidh to the box. Bruins' 5th penalty tonight.

Heinen with a beautiful breakaway SH goal. Kid will be in Boston full-time soon enough. Such a smart player.

Czarnik on the board, assists from Szwarz and Heinen. 3-0.

Birds finally show a pulse and try to rough it up, but Cave handles Balisy easily. Bruins in control after two.

Heinen-Szwarz-Czarnik team up again on the PP early in the third, 4-0 Prov.

Bruins the their foot off the gas a bit and allow 2 late goals. 5-2 final after a Czarnik EN.

Last edited:

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016

Fitzgerald-JFK-Cehlarik
Heinen-Szwarz-Czarnik
Blidh-Cave-Senyshyn

Lauzon-Cross
Grzelcyk-Zboril
Breen-Johansson

Apparently Senyshyn is on Boston's roster now, Hickman is playing in his spot. Divver mentioned he's not sure if its just a paper transaction. Has Senyshyn done enough to warrant a callup?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Presumably to max out regular salary cap before putting Spooner and McQuaid on LTIR allowing them to claim most or all of their Salary for the time they miss.
Great game by Heinen. On the bolded what about Rask, he may be out longer, depends on the concussion time line.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Rene Rancourt in the house for that "big game" feel :D

The Springfield feed certainly blows the Dunk production away...

Not much going on in the first. Bruins kill off a weak penalty call to Cross. JFK-Cehlarik looking good. Lauzon showing some strong skating. 0-0 midway thru first.

Still 0-0 after one. Szwarz hit a post on the PK but not much going on offensively. TBirds with the overall edge in play.

Haven't see anything official on O'Gara, but it makes sense to hold him out in case he's plays in Boston tomorrow.

Bruins with an early PP in the second, but Hennessy loses the puck both times he touches it. Wonder how much he has left in the tank.

Szwarz scores a SH goal midway thru the second. Heinen & Breen with the assists.

Bruins kill off a couple of penalties, including a brief 5 on 3. Bennington looks good out there.

Zboril with a nice hard check that drops a TBird.

7:01 left in the second, Blidh to the box. Bruins' 5th penalty tonight.

Heinen with a beautiful breakaway SH goal. Kid will be in Boston full-time soon enough. Such a smart player.

Czarnik on the board, assists from Szwarz and Heinen. 3-0.

Birds finally show a pulse and try to rough it up, but Cave handles Balisy easily. Bruins in control after two.

Heinen-Szwarz-Czarnik team up again on the PP early in the third, 4-0 Prov.

Bruins the their foot off the gas a bit and allow 2 late goals. 5-2 final after a Czarnik EN.

I know that SPR is not good, but not sure many teams, even the better ones, have two different lines that can cause the kind of offensive damage that PRO does. Annoyed now, because I really wanted to go to this one, but son’s Hockey comes first.

I have always been a fan of Binnington. Had him on My SIM team for about 3/4 years and kept waiting for him to make the jump to the NHL. I thought he put up good enough AHL numbers for the last couple of seasons to get a look. He’s only 24, so I wonder if the B’s like him enough in this stint, if they make a move for him, to compete with Zane for the backup role next season?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Cehlarik not in today's lineup. Zane shutting out Laval, 2-0 after two.

Final 4-1.

Swarz and Blidh 2 goals apiece
Heinen and Czarnik 2 apples each.

Heinen’s stat line is 1g/7a in 4 AHL games.

Swarz has 5g/3a in 4 games.

Does anyone know why Cehlarik was out? Guy can’t catch a break with the injuries (if he’s banged up again).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Final 4-1.

Swarz and Blidh 2 goals apiece
Heinen and Czarnik 2 apples each.

Heinen’s stat line is 1g/7a in 4 AHL games.

Swarz has 5g/3a in 4 games.

Does anyone know why Cehlarik was out? Guy can’t catch a break with the injuries (if he’s banged up again).
Per Divver.

Had shoulder surgery and 3 games in less than 3 days precaution

Probably why he's not in Boston letting him build up strength

If he's this good under 100% I will be looking forward to him at first full strength

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Per Divver.

Had shoulder surgery and 3 games in less than 3 days precaution

Probably why he's not in Boston letting him build up strength

If he's this good under 100% I will be looking forward to him at first full strength

Jinx.

You owe me a beer.

Edit: you should try embedding tweets, it’s super easy on the new board.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
what`s the deal with this Swarz guy? Last year now this year I saw his name pop here frequently when it came to scoring. What`s holding him back from getting the NHL call-up? Not saying he should get called up but seems like the guy puts up solid number yet might just be that guy who`s very good in the AHL but can`t quite make the jump?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
what`s the deal with this Swarz guy? Last year now this year I saw his name pop here frequently when it came to scoring. What`s holding him back from getting the NHL call-up? Not saying he should get called up but seems like the guy puts up solid number yet might just be that guy who`s very good in the AHL but can`t quite make the jump?

First, I have to apologize to Jordan because I have been spelling his name wrong. It’s Szwarz...not Swarz.

He was a 4th round pick (97) by ARI in 2009 out of the OHL (Saginaw), where he put up good, not great, numbers. This was followed by AHL stints with average to below average numbers and a couple of stints in the NHL on bad Coyotes teams.

He signed with PRO last year as a FA, and at the age of 25 at his best year far and away as a pro. He has picked up right where he left off this year. At age 26, is he a late bloomer, ala a guy like Peverly or a career AHLer? He was drafted in the mid rounds, so someone saw something at some point. I believe Keith Gretzky was with ARI at the time he was drafted. Not sure if he recommended the PB’s look at him (before he left for EDM) or if that’s just coincidence?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
First, I have to apologize to Jordan because I have been spelling his name wrong. It’s Szwarz...not Swarz.

He was a 4th round pick (97) by ARI in 2009 out of the OHL (Saginaw), where he put up good, not great, numbers. This was followed by AHL stints with average to below average numbers and a couple of stints in the NHL on bad Coyotes teams.

He signed with PRO last year as a FA, and at the age of 25 at his best year far and away as a pro. He has picked up right where he left off this year. At age 26, is he a late bloomer, ala a guy like Peverly or a career AHLer? He was drafted in the mid rounds, so someone saw something at some point. I believe Keith Gretzky was with ARI at the time he was drafted. Not sure if he recommended the PB’s look at him (before he left for EDM) or if that’s just coincidence?

ok thanks, like I said, when reading on this thread or getting a notification via Twitter, this guy`s name seemingly pops up all the time, maybe the spelling of his name is holding the B`s back from giving him a chance with the big club:sarcasm:

I`ll guess maybe his skating is the reason he appears to be passed by for almost all call-ups?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
ok thanks, like I said, when reading on this thread or getting a notification via Twitter, this guy`s name seemingly pops up all the time, maybe the spelling of his name is holding the B`s back from giving him a chance with the big club:sarcasm:

I`ll guess maybe his skating is the reason he appears to be passed by for almost all call-ups?
He'd better change his ñame to Schwartz if he has any hope of getting called up.

He looked pretty good in TC, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad