Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
As far as I know, Johansson is still injured? It looked like he got concussed in one of the rookie games (vs BUF?) and hasn’t played since. Hopefully, they are just being careful with him.

i believe the bruins cleared him and sent him to providence within the last week.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
this roster is pretty stacked with talent. but i still would like to see them bring in a heavyweight enforcer.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
The times of true enforcers are long gone. They already have one of the best fighters in the league with Mcquaid and with Miller, Chara, Backes, Beleskey some guys who can handle themselves very well. I am fine with that.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
The times of true enforcers are long gone. They already have one of the best fighters in the league with Mcquaid and with Miller, Chara, Backes, Beleskey some guys who can handle themselves very well. I am fine with that.

yes, i agree about the boston roster - they are all set. but i'm talking about providence. the AHL is still full of goonery,
and would be nice to have a HW on the roster to handle any BS.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
A good start for this year's edition of the P. Bruins.
Nice to see 2015 1st rounder,Zach Senyshyn, get his 1st pro goal which hopefully will help accelerate his development at the professional level.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
yes, i agree about the boston roster - they are all set. but i'm talking about providence. the AHL is still full of goonery,
and would be nice to have a HW on the roster to handle any BS.

I agree with you that they should have a good fighter to protect the kids. Maybe Hickman can fill those shoes.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I don’t believe he was “cleared”?

He was assigned to PRO as an “injured/non roster” player. I don’t know exactly what that means, but I don’t think he’s ready to play yet.

no clue - i haven't heard anything other than he was cleared to skate, and then sent back down.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
There was no audio for last night's game. AHL Live says it was a problem at the arena (shocking).

As has been said already, Agostino-JFK-Cehlarik were on another level. MacIntyre was very good, with the exception of the first goal, which was a softie.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
There was no audio for last night's game. AHL Live says it was a problem at the arena (shocking).

As has been said already, Agostino-JFK-Cehlarik were on another level. MacIntyre was very good, with the exception of the first goal, which was a softie.

Thanks Malt. What were the other lines and defense pairs?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Cehlarik looks like he has plus hands and hockey sense and his size is obvious

He protects the puck well and waits well

I voted for him around 12 in our prospects pool but if we did it today I would find a way to put him in the single digits

divver mentioned that cehlarik reported to camp in incredible shape. he knew there were jobs to be won. too bad the injury set him back as long as it did.
the most intriguing thing to me will be who makes it, who doesn't, and who gets traded.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
divver mentioned that cehlarik reported to camp in incredible shape. he knew there were jobs to be won. too bad the injury set him back as long as it did.
the most intriguing thing to me will be who makes it, who doesn't, and who gets traded.

I`ve said it before and this is hardly breaking news but my opinion is anyone on the Bruins roster who isn`t bringing "it" will likely be on a short leash these days with the prospect pool filling up nicely with kids who could step in, Cehlarik I`m guessing would be one of them, especially seeing as he had a taste of NHL action last season and the brass likely would feel pretty comfortable calling him up if need be

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I`ve said it before and this is hardly breaking news but my opinion is anyone on the Bruins roster who isn`t bringing "it" will likely be on a short leash these days with the prospect pool filling up nicely with kids who could step in, Cehlarik I`m guessing would be one of them, especially seeing as he had a taste of NHL action last season and the brass likely would feel pretty comfortable calling him up if need be

Agreed with everything said here. I'll add that Cassidy had some really good things to say about Cehlarik.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Agreed with everything said here. I'll add that Cassidy had some really good things to say about Cehlarik.

He did some nice things during his small sample size with the B`s. You could see the tools were there, just a case of working on getting to where he needed to quicker, and I found offensively he needed a touch of work finding the soft spots on the ice to get himself open but overall, plenty to like about his game

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Ryan Reaves says Hi.

I believe this was regarding the P Bruins and despite the idiotic fight limitation rule in the AHL when you have a team made up of supposedly high end prospects who are more skill than will you need somebody to watch out for them. Hickman I don't believe is capable of that job so it would serve Providence well to go sign a minor league enforcer for the season.

After watching Boston against Colorado they should find some toughness and grit at forward ASAP as well.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
P-Bruins Notes: Toughness by committee

Coach Jay Leach, who logged 64 bouts during his playing career, believes his team won’t lack for toughness.
“I don’t think we have an issue with that. We’ve got guys that are gamers. Tommy (Cross), Breener (Chris Breen), they all can handle themselves if something gets out of hand. And we’ve got Sena (Acolatse) as an option, Hick (Justin Hickman), Adam (Payerl), Taylor Doherty. We’re fine,’’ said Leach.
“Identifying one guy, I always found that to be a little unfair. It’s a lot to put on a guy. And I don’t know how much it does for your team. If everyone just lets Tyler Randell take care of things and they can go do what they want … to me that wasn’t a fair play for a guy like that.
“I would prefer us to be responsible for our teammates on the ice every shift, no matter if Adam Payerl or Hick or Sena’s out there or if it’s a skill line, they can all still get in there and take care of each other,’’ he said.

https://rinksiderhodeisland.com/2017/10/09/p-bruins-notes-toughness-by-committee/

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
P-Bruins Notes: Toughness by committee

Coach Jay Leach, who logged 64 bouts during his playing career, believes his team won’t lack for toughness.
“I don’t think we have an issue with that. We’ve got guys that are gamers. Tommy (Cross), Breener (Chris Breen), they all can handle themselves if something gets out of hand. And we’ve got Sena (Acolatse) as an option, Hick (Justin Hickman), Adam (Payerl), Taylor Doherty. We’re fine,’’ said Leach.
“Identifying one guy, I always found that to be a little unfair. It’s a lot to put on a guy. And I don’t know how much it does for your team. If everyone just lets Tyler Randell take care of things and they can go do what they want … to me that wasn’t a fair play for a guy like that.
“I would prefer us to be responsible for our teammates on the ice every shift, no matter if Adam Payerl or Hick or Sena’s out there or if it’s a skill line, they can all still get in there and take care of each other,’’ he said.

https://rinksiderhodeisland.com/2017/10/09/p-bruins-notes-toughness-by-committee/

Kathryn Tappen dumped him, his opinion is invalid.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad