General Discussion (All Team/Player News/UFA Talk) - Offseason thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sunday Monday pay days! Tuesday Wednesday pay days! Thursday Friday pay days!

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Jagr will play 14-15 and 15-16 and Kovy comes back to replace him as a 2nd-line support player for $5mil per.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
He was never injury prone. He had 1 injury while he was with us and played through it. I very much dislike him, but my reasons have logic behind them.
:laugh:

Thanks for correcting me with your logic.

Since his back injury, the guy has had several injuries in the KHL and his skating has slowed down considerably.

and since the topic was about Kovy returning to NJ....his injuries since leaving should be mentioned.

Kovy has suffered 2 shoulder injuries and a significant knee injury in Sochi since the 2012 playoffs, and it has deteriorated his game.

And good for him for playing through injuries, so do 99% of players in the league...especially in the playoffs.

Last edited:

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
:laugh:

Thanks for correcting me with your logic.

Since his back injury, the guy has had several injuries in the KHL and his skating has slowed down considerably.

and since the topic was about Kovy returning to NJ....his injuries since leaving should be mentioned.

Kovy has suffered 2 shoulder injuries and a significant knee injury in Sochi since the 2012 playoffs, and it has deteriorated his game.

And good for him for playing through injuries, so do 99% of players in the league...especially in the playoffs.

Yea his knee injury was so significant he was still able to play in the OLY games.

I also love how people think Kovy slowed down while never watching him play a KHL game.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
if you are scoring at the rate he did in a second rate league with the talent he has, its either A) hes injured or B) hes not trying. either way its not good.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
if you are scoring at the rate he did in a second rate league with the talent he has, its either A) hes injured or B) hes not trying. either way its not good.

He is scoring just as much as Jagr was scoring in his KHL stint, and the KHL has improved greatly since Jagr years. Also Jagr was MUCH better than Kovy before he went to the KHL.

The thinking that any NHL star will automatically dominate the KHL is wrong. It will take time to get use to the big ice.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Yea his knee injury was so significant he was still able to play in the OLY games.

I also love how people think Kovy slowed down while never watching him play a KHL game.

Go ask Slava Malamud on twitter if he has slowed down - you know - a guy who has watched a hell of a lot more KHL games than you have...

At least Kovy was considerate and bounced before the massive chunk of coin was due to him - to the tune of 56mill over the next five years if he was still here this season...

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Go ask Slava Malamud on twitter if he has slowed down - you know - a guy who has watched a hell of a lot more KHL games than you have...

At least Kovy was considerate and bounced before the massive chunk of coin was due to him - to the tune of 56mill over the next five years if he was still here this season...

I don't really care. He still looked good in the OLY and IMO will age very well. He is off the team and most likely will never play for the Devils again.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
i'm still of the idea that Kovy left not because he was homesick, but other reasons

No ****, Captain obvious. It was all about the money.

Jagr will play 14-15 and 15-16 and Kovy comes back to replace him as a 2nd-line support player for $5mil per.

Sure, not only will he just walk away from that huge contract he currently has, but he also will sign way below his market value. And the other GM's will just approve this move. Take your rose colored glasses off, he ain't coming back.

The mental image of Kovy selling beer and hot dogs is pretty amusing.

I would rather throw the beer and hot dogs at him...

friend of a devil

Feb 11, 2010
Red Bank
He took my twenty dollar bill and vanished in the air. He is not welcome! Most of the Kovi sh-t is all a wash. The only thing that hurt us is the pic/players lost.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He took my twenty dollar bill and vanished in the air. He is not welcome! Most of the Kovi sh-t is all a wash. The only thing that hurt us is the pic/players lost.

He carried us to Game 6 of the SCF with a herniated disk. I don't blame him for leaving. I still find it embarrassing how the fans treated him in my section.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Short term bad that Kovy left...long term a blessing especially before the Cap recapture became ominous

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
once all their old guys retire, people will go back to not caring.

not to get to OT but
I'm still a very big Nets fan. It sucks that they had to leave jersey but it was what they had to do to be competitive and relevant again. Had they stayed in the Prudential Center they would have been tanking every year in hopes of landing a superstar essentially. The Nets will just make runs at superstars when they need to (which is fine in the NBA because in basketball that's how you win). The Nets will set themselves up so that after Pierce and KG are gone they will make a run at Durant.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
He carried us to Game 6 of the SCF with a herniated disk. I don't blame him for leaving. I still find it embarrassing how the fans treated him in my section.

No - embarrassing would be quitting on the team that traded for you and put so much time into meeting your absurd contract demands. Only to quit two years into it. That'd roughly be embarrassing. All the venom directed towards him is warranted.

friend of a devil

Feb 11, 2010
Red Bank
really he carried us? or was it Adam H/yes Sal/the fourt line? I do blame him for leaving for he shoud have been a man and gone home before he signed a contract. Peple sux so dot be so hurt by how people act in the heat of the moment. I thin NJ fans are great loyal to player whom are loyal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad