GDT USA vs Latvia 2-15-06 9:00 PM Torino time, 3:00 P.M. EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSBPC

Jan 19, 2005
Mr Brownstone said:
Now I don't like Grahame, but how can you blame him for any of the three?

I have no idea. I just got out of class and turned on the TV 5 minutes ago, he has given up 2 goals in that span (1 he should have had, the 2 on 1 was tough). I haven't seen the whole game, but in my mind I've seen enough. How many shots does Latvia have?

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Mr Brownstone said:
Now I don't like Grahame, but how can you blame him for any of the three?

The 2nd was easily stoppable, if it even deflected it hardly changed directions.

The 3rd was a great shot, but goalies that aren't average make tough saves.

Bad goalies leave people to say "those weren't really his fault".

acr*

Can we come out of the tunnel next period wearing Ducks jerseys? Is that legal?

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Wow, was I ever shocked when the coverage switched over to USA/Latvia game and saw it 3-2. Still a lot of hockey left.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
DaMick said:
Dont blame Grahame

blame Chelios he ****ing sucks

Even as a Dipitro hater I can tell you he would have at least stopped the 3rd goal because thats to his blocker side as opposed to the glove side on Grahame.

Basher

What the hell are we (USA) doing? Our defensemen are pinching on every play and aren't learning from 2 goals we've given up due to pinching thus far. Modano with a stupid penalty, and Latvia, yes LATIVA, have the momentum. We look pathetic.

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
MLH said:
The 2nd was easily stoppable, if it even deflected it hardly changed directions.

I'll have to see the second one again. That third goal was a perfect shot, right up underneath the bar. It was a 2 on 1, that's Chelios's fault.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
MLH said:

EXACTLY, in a tournament like this you cannot be good, you have to be great...those shots that you can say he had no chance on in the NHL have to be stopped here sometimes... the problem is I don't think any of the U.S. goalies are great and this is whats going to be a problem.

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
MLH said:

Leave him alone man, he's playing better than I would have expected. Complaining won't put Miller on the team.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
Latvia eventually took command in that period.

Now, IIRC, the US Women's team were down 3-2 after 2 periods against Finland and they proceeded to win.

It is now time for the US Men's team to do the same and lay a beatdown on Latvia in the third.

AND TO STOP PINCHING D-MEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad