GDT USA vs Latvia 2-15-06 9:00 PM Torino time, 3:00 P.M. EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
It seems we were missing this GDT. I don't suppose I can sticky it but hopefully one of our attentive mods can..

I am an American and shall be cheering for my home country yet my allegience will stretch to wish a decent showing from the Latvian Team.

Go USA!

Sarauj Latvia!

Last edited:

bling

Jun 23, 2004
I guess I shall have to shamelessly bump this up until a Mod see's it and sticky's it...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
USA 4 Latvia 2 ... I think some people will be suprised

bling

Jun 23, 2004
go kim johnsson 514 said:
USA 4 Latvia 2 ... I think some people will be suprised
GKJ, I will not be one of the surprised ones if Latvia puts on a good showing. Although I do not believe Karlis Skrastins and Sandis Ozolinsh will be playing in tomorrow's game. The Latvians will play a full 60 minutes and make a game of it!

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
I would like to second the notion that you can not underestimate the Latvians. It's a very proud little country, and even if they lose all of their games in Torino, they will put up a fight at the very least. They are not going to be walkovers.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
#16 said:
I would like to second the notion that you can not underestimate the Latvians. It's a very proud little country, and even if they lose all of their games in Torino, they will put up a fight at the very least. They are not going to be walkovers.

:teach: definetley

quebec2

Dec 1, 2004
Manaus
www.hockeytime.net
Last official games played

Latvia - USA 4:5 (Turku WC,27.04.1997)
Latvia - USA 3:2 (Zurich WC, 11.05.1998)
Latvia - USA 1:1 (St.Petersburg WC,07.05.2000)
Latvia - USA 2:0 (Koln WC, 30.04.2001)
Latvia - USA 2:3 (Karlstad WC,29.04.2002)

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
quebec2 said:
Latvia - USA 4:5 (Turku WC,27.04.1997)
Latvia - USA 3:2 (Zurich WC, 11.05.1998)
Latvia - USA 1:1 (St.Petersburg WC,07.05.2000)
Latvia - USA 2:0 (Koln WC, 30.04.2001)
Latvia - USA 2:3 (Karlstad WC,29.04.2002)

You forgott the last years game in WC Latvia - USA 1-3 allthough those who saw the game could easily agree Latvia could take em or atleast tie it.

As a latvian i hope for the victory but i would be extremely happy with the tie.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
bling said:
GKJ, I will not be one of the surprised ones if Latvia puts on a good showing. Although I do not believe Karlis Skrastins and Sandis Ozolinsh will be playing in tomorrow's game. The Latvians will play a full 60 minutes and make a game of it!

Latvia's 2 best players will not be playing?

Then I would be suprised if they're in the game then. You can play hard and lose big if you don't have good enough players, and for a team like Latvia to not have their 2 best players -- the only ones in the NHL, it would be an accomplishment to not get embarrassed

Skroob*

anyone know what online sites will be broadacsting this games audio on the net???

i was looking at usahockey.com but didnt see anything. thanks.

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
Skrastins and Ozolinsh will play! I dont know who told you they wont. Skrastins is the best player on this squad without a doubt, very reliable and a simply great defencman. Ozolinsh probably is out of for considering his absence from hockey for couple of lats months, but his expereince is as vital as his skills wich will give big impact on the teamplay. And with Irbe in net theres always a confidence between defenders. I realy realy hope we can pull a surprise here. 3-3!

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Sakaarnis said:
Skrastins and Ozolinsh will play! I dont know who told you they wont. Skrastins is the best player on this squad without a doubt, very reliable and a simply great defencman. Ozolinsh probably is out of for considering his absence from hockey for couple of lats months, but his expereince is as vital as his skills wich will give big impact on the teamplay. And with Irbe in net theres always a confidence between defenders. I realy realy hope we can pull a surprise here. 3-3!

I was only surmising that they may not play on the first game as they did not arrive until quite late. Please do not beat me up, it was just a guess. I know that both Sandis and karlis are there and intend to play in the games but thought they might not be ready for the opener is all...

Melrose_Jr.

Feb 27, 2002
Providence, RI
Visit site
Skroob said:
anyone know what online sites will be broadacsting this games audio on the net???

i was looking at usahockey.com but didnt see anything. thanks.

I've been looking too Skroob.

I'm hoping Sirius puts the game on one of the open sports streams, but it's not shown on the schedule as of right now.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Mr Brownstone said:
USA will survive a scare in this one. I'll say 5-3 with an empty netter. We'll see why Waddell should have taken Ryan Miller.

To be quite honest, as a Sabre fan, I'm sick and tired of hearing about how Miller got snubbed. Fact is, he didn't. At the time selections were made, Miller was injured, and he hadn't exactly proven much up until that point. It's fun to chant "U-S-A" at Sabre games, but the fact of the matter is that it's nothing more than an unfortunate situation with noone to blame. Miller will have his chance in 4 years.

Anyway, U-S-A all the way, baby!

acr*

How many NHLers does Latvia even have? Is it just Irbe, Ozo, and Skrastins(sp)? I can't think of too many more.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
acr said:
How many NHLers does Latvia even have? Is it just Irbe, Ozo, and Skrastins(sp)? I can't think of too many more.

Add Ivanans. They had Zholtok (RIP) too.
Pretty decent for a country of like... 2 million people and 4 proper indoor rinks imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad