GDT: Sweden vs. Russia, Feb 16, 4:00 PM Torino, 10:00 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
larsmark said:
It was not his fault, he could maybe have taken one of the goals. He will bounce back, for sure.

Lundqvist could have saved the forth (V. Kozlov) goal and maybe the Afinogenov breakaway. On the other three he didn't have a chance. I think overall he looked pretty solid. Goaltending is the least of Sweden's worries.

roccol

Mar 9, 2004
SectionX said:
lol I knew this was coming from a sabres fan. He had no chance of the goals today. Our backup goalies shouldn't see another minute in the tournament even if lundqvist let in 10 goals in next game. That's how bad our backups are.

Stefan Liv is a bad goalie? Isn't he the top goalie in the SEL this year?

SChan*

roccol said:
Stefan Liv is a bad goalie? Isn't he the top goalie in the SEL this year?

yes and lundqvist is a top NHL goalie. Big difference.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
SectionX said:

Maybe not. I think tournaments like the Olympics demonstrate that while the NHL is the widely acknowledged top hockey leage, other league such as the SEL and RSL ice quality teams and have several quality players.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Some of the Swedes looked sloppy out here, the only ones who can hold their heads high would be PÃ¥hlsson and Sundin, maybe the Sedins and Lundqvist too.

However 5-0 doesn't really depict the game, that makes it sound more lopsided than it really was. Sure, the Russians were better, but a result like 3-1 or something would be more accurate. The Swedes did have some good scoring chances but weren't effective at all in front of the net, and the defense was just too sloppy (with all the 3-on-1 or 3-on-2 breakaways).

Better luck next time and congrats to Russia. :clap:

EDIT: Forgot to ask, what does "shaibu" mean? Is that like "Go Russia" or something?

Last edited:

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Petey21 said:
EDIT: Forgot to ask, what does "shaibu" mean? Is that like "Go Russia" or something?
Literally it mean "puck", but it's used as a "go russia go" or something like that. When the crowd starts chanting "shaibu" it mean they want a goal.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Berkut said:
Is the back up Tellquist? He's not THAT bad.
No, he isn´t that bad which he has shown in past World Championships. They (Swedish Television) said before the game that Tellqvist will play one game this weekend.

Raipe

May 25, 2004
great game from our red neightbour.Yellow neighbours behind the sea played bad,real bad. :jump:

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Den said:
Su is better than most NHLers, IMO

**************** the **************ing CBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sushinsky played good fro the Wild when he did. But hes the biggest F***ing ***** ever. f/Sushinky: I miss my mommy i dont want to play here anymore I want to go home wwawawawawa....

Im pretty sure he was the Wilds leading scorer in 2000 for the 30 games or so that he played.

phillypensfan

Aug 3, 2005
I wouldn't mind seeing Liv get to play another game,just to see more of how he plays. Be interesting to see if anyone from the Wings watched the game yesterday when he played,now it's just a matter of whether or not they decide to sign him. From what I watched yesterday,he looked pretty good in goal even though he didn't get alot of shots his way.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
IMO the score does not represent how that game looked, 4-2 or 5-2 had been more "fair".
Better for Sweden though as this is kind of start to a tourney usually bodes well for the playoffs.

Modin - Sundin - Alfie: needs to be split up, only Sundin is looking somewhat good.

Sedin - Sedin - Samme: Samuelsson needs to be off this line, they are to similar in style, one of Modin or Alfie would look good with the twins on this line.

Holmström - Zetterberg - Jönsson: Doesnt look that bad, would like to see some more talent with Z though.

Axelsson - PÃ¥hlsson - Hannula: They do their job, quite good actually.

The D needs a collective kick in the ***.

Lundqvist played well, very accurate and fast shots, a rebound, a 3 on 1 and a breakaway goal. No complaints from me.

phillypensfan

Aug 3, 2005
Putting Sammy on the line with Homer and Hank maybe wouldn't be a bad idea either,just because of playing together at times with the Wings. Homer has been doing what he always does,which is frustrating and screening the goalies...and that's always great to see from him. Didn't really see much of Hank when he was on the ice yesterday or today due to the fact that I was sleeping(thanks to getting done work at 5am) but I'm sure he is playing just fine.

Coffee and 7's*

Vikke said:
Fourth line was our best one today and yesterday as well.
Lots of energy and intensity.

Who cares? it didn't help since we lost. And it wasn't bad luck or bad referee or bad ice or anything. Team Sweden sucked today.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
WILDTATE10 said:
Sushinsky played good fro the Wild when he did. But hes the biggest F***ing ***** ever. f/Sushinky: I miss my mommy i dont want to play here anymore I want to go home wwawawawawa....

Im pretty sure he was the Wilds leading scorer in 2000 for the 30 games or so that he played.

Well, he actually missed the superstar status he had back home. Well, yeah, Wild fans might not like, it but why would Su care? He earns more at home than he would have in NA, is idolized by the fans, and has a chance to represent his country in every single tourney...

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
GuloGulo said:
That is line probably the best line in hockey in a long, long time! :teach:
I posted in another thread I expected Kovalev to be the best player for Russia. From what I hear, he was pretty awesome today. People have to realize this guy isnt just a player who goes up and down and takes a few shots. When he's on, he dictates the play on sheer skill alone. That first line Russia has is the most talented line since Jagr and Lemieux we're playing together.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
WILDTATE10 said:

Oh please, how old are you. Russia is his home, he was well paid and he could play the type of game he watned. Why the hell would he want to stay in Minnesota or any NA city for that matter? Not everyone is a sell out and a lot of people like their homes.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
phillypensfan said:
Putting Sammy on the line with Homer and Hank maybe wouldn't be a bad idea either,just because of playing together at times with the Wings. Homer has been doing what he always does,which is frustrating and screening the goalies...and that's always great to see from him. Didn't really see much of Hank when he was on the ice yesterday or today due to the fact that I was sleeping(thanks to getting done work at 5am) but I'm sure he is playing just fine.

What i would like to see. (Subject to change depending on what happens with Forsberg.)

Zettterberg - Sundin - Holmström
Sedin - Sedin - Alfredsson
Modin - PÃ¥hlsson - Samuelsson
Axelsson - Jönsson - Hannula

Sonic Death Monkey

dakdak said:
Who cares? it didn't help since we lost. And it wasn't bad luck or bad referee or bad ice or anything. Team Sweden sucked today.

IMO reffering was bad today, too inconsistant and the Ref in this game should be in games with slow teams, he was often out of position due to his slow skating.

shawn_kemp*

WILDTATE10 said:

The problem is he didn't quite feel good in the Wild's ultra defensive system at the time. He's a scoring forward who likes open hockey ... he should seriously consider a NHL comeback. The game is much more open these days.

roccol

Mar 9, 2004
SectionX said:

How does that have any relation to Liv? It wasn't that long ago Liv was considered SWE's top goalie. Maybe he will be. Maybe he won't :dunno:

Coffee and 7's*

Berkut said:
Is Forsberg expected to play at all during the round robin?

He's gonna make a "test" on the practice 17:30 CET tomorrow and after that we'll know if he'll play in the next game or not. :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad