Post-Game Talk: [GDT] Primary city vs equatic flightless birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Huh apparently Holtby is 3-6 versus Pittsburgh. That seems surprising since we've done well against the Pens recently (or so I thought).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Don't really have a problem with that one being called off. Of all of the Williams no goals this year, that one is understandable beyond replay technicalities.

Jun 15, 2007
I wonder what the time limit on that is. If Williams waited one second for Fleury to get up and then shot, would it have counted?

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Huh apparently Holtby is 3-6 versus Pittsburgh. That seems surprising since we've done well against the Pens recently (or so I thought).

IIRC I don't think the Caps ever beat the Pens under Oates which would explain the 6 loss thing

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Getting to be a bad habit with Williams, though. That one was unnecessary. He can shield the goalie without always getting within a cm of him.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Williams stop running into the goalie please

I guess. But jeez, he is skating at the very top of the paint. In the old days, that wouldn't have even registered on the scale of goalie interference.

And it did follow Perron amd Malkin standing in our crease and taking repeated whacks at anything which looked remotely like a puck. I didn't them blow the play dead for impeding goatender there

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Getting to be a bad habit with Williams, though. That one was unnecessary. He can shield the goalie without always getting within a cm of him.

Williams is 34 and has won three cups. I'm pretty sure that his habits are already set, and he knows what he's doing.

bobbybobcat11

Feb 11, 2010
I'll never be upset with someone consistently going to the net - even if it negates a goal every once in a while. That presence is something this team needs. We have plenty of skilled players that can shoot to their heart's content, but getting those bodies around the paint will pay off more often than not. Such a crucial part of the game, and Williams has been doing it brilliantly so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad