Post-Game Talk: gdt (MOD WARNING POST #30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, finally the all star break is here.

First of all, Ovi was out with a concussion protocol? What happened? I saw the boxscore and see that he played almost 20min.

Congrats to him for tying Fedorov's record

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Well, finally the all star break is here.

First of all, Ovi was out with a concussion protocol? What happened? I saw the boxscore and see that he played almost 20min.

Congrats to him for tying Fedorov's record

He accidentally ran into Oshie and took the worst of it. Looks like he just got the wind knocked out of him and I didn't really see his head take an impact, but the concussion spotter decided to be safe and get Ovie examined before he went back in the game.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't really know why you felt the need to reaffirm what you said. My post wasn't critiquing the substantive issues raised in your post, it was merely pointing out the irony in choosing to critique Kadri on a night he goes 3 +1 against your team. I suppose, I just relished the opportunity... Mustard?

I think the term we’re all searching for.....is BEAT IT, bye.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Observation of the Caps board and this has been true for a number of seasons, Caps win/winning streak GDT number of pages will remain in the single digits, Caps lose/losing streak GDT number of pages will reach double digits and beyond.

Reminds me of the leadership/management book "One Minute Manager" by Ken Blanchard where he spoke of "Catching people doing something right", as it was always so much easier to criticize and complain about people doing something wrong then to commend their performance.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Isn't he the guy who wanted Trotz gone last year? Not sure we should take his advice on firing coaches.

Most everyone wanted Trotz fired last season, save like what.....8 of us? Our of 70? LOL.

So now its Reirden's turn on the Wash Caps HF Boards Hot Seat. I'm sure he is totally sweating bullets!!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
He accidentally ran into Oshie and took the worst of it. Looks like he just got the wind knocked out of him and I didn't really see his head take an impact, but the concussion spotter decided to be safe and get Ovie examined before he went back in the game.

Ok thanks guys

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don't really know why you felt the need to reaffirm what you said. My post wasn't critiquing the substantive issues raised in your post, it was merely pointing out the irony in choosing to critique Kadri on a night he goes 3 +1 against your team. I suppose, I just relished the opportunity... Mustard?

Coming onto the other teams board the night after beating said team isnt exactly....mature. We all know you are simply looking to poke the bear.

As the other poster said, if it makes you feel good, then great.

I could say to you something like.....hmmm...."1967".

That would also be immature, and candidly doesn't change anything....and doesnt really make me feel good. You know what makes me feel good? Thinking about winning the Stanley Cup LAST SEASON (7mo ago!!)

This is OUR board. You are a visitor. We can do whatever we want, as you can do on YOUR board.

Now beat it.

EDIT-- I see brother CCR "beat" me to it, LOL

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Observation of the Caps board and this has been true for a number of seasons, Caps win/winning streak GDT number of pages will remain in the single digits, Caps lose/losing streak GDT number of pages will reach double digits and beyond.

Reminds me of the leadership/management book "One Minute Manager" by Ken Blanchard where he spoke of "Catching people doing something right", as it was always so much easier to criticize and complain about people doing something wrong then to commend their performance.

Its funny. I tend to have more to say after a win.

member 300185

Www.facebook.com/itsmatthewstewart

Yes, I sure did. I have some funny videos too from the night.

Not a big deal, but was really cool. Been friends with a couple of them for awhile. I own a couple dog daycares and my biz partner owns the bar they love to go to and they threw their cup party there the night they got in with the cup. Had a pre season dinner there with Trotz and everything before last season too. He was always down to earth and nice. Granted I haven’t met Reirdon, but a good guy, winner here, and part of a team we all will never forget for forever, tough seeing him go right after a Cup win.
He's legit folks. I checked it out. I stand corrected.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah wins are more fun for me as well. I don't post much during game action win they are losing. I wait until it's over for the drama.

You’re missing out! Watching and helping it all unfold is the best part! Then of course the infighting starts and it gets tedious quickly.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I rarely post during the game anymore myself. After a lose the meltdowns over the last few years has run me off.

Anyone who has been here long has or is going through this cycle. The inane nature of some is taxing.

Some bitter bitter years of playoffs losses and subsequently winning the Cup has allowed me to enjoy doing other things while the games are on. Since last season, I’m usually paying 50% attention tops, so yeah I’m not posting as much during games, but do LOVE dropping in to see the freak outs. ;)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Anyone who has been here long has or is going through this cycle. The inane nature of some is taxing.

Some bitter bitter years of playoffs losses and subsequently winning the Cup has allowed me to enjoy doing other things while the games are on. Since last season, I’m usually paying 50% attention tops, so yeah I’m not posting as much during games, but do LOVE dropping in to see the freak outs. ;)

What I am enjoying is the "They won the Cup and I will be happy regardless for years at least." 40 games later. "Fire the coach!!!"

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What I am enjoying is the "They won the Cup and I will be happy regardless for years at least." 40 games later. "Fire the coach!!!"

The ledge is a dangerous place. Some just can’t seem to avoid it. Some things just come with experience, some never wise up.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Lots of people qualified it by saying they'd be happy if Ovie had a good season. And he certainly is.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
The Isles have a top 10 dman? Not they dont. Not even close.
You are right about one thing. They do have the right guy to structure them. Obviously we dont.

I interpreted Sam's post as "The Isles have a top 10 group of dmen", not a player who is a top 10 dman.
I'd go along with that. Name 10 teams that have a better group of dmen

Reactions: RandyHolt

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I interpreted Sam's post as "The Isles have a top 10 group of dmen", not a player who is a top 10 dman.
I'd go along with that. Name 10 teams that have a better group of dmen
I'd swear he said top 10 dman. I dont think their dcore is anything special. Its average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad