GDT: Kazakhstan vs. Russia, Feb. 18, 11.30AM Torino, 5.30AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
shawn_kemp said:
What's the point of finishing 1st if the Czechs finish 4th in group A? :propeller

The US get's home ice advantage? :innocent:

Besides the spirit of Brooks will be with us against the Czechs. "Get that god damn koho blue! Bury that Czech right in his face!"

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
The most important thing is that Nabokov is playing GREAT! It was really hard to play against Kazakhs. They know how to play against Russia and neutralize all of their strenghts. And we all know that Russia plays bad agianst former USSR countries. Somebody mentioned how only Russian Superleague can beat Russian Superleague and that's true. B team would I think do better against this Kazakh team.

I expect an incredibly tough game tomorrow against Latvia. It will be just more of the same. It will surely be much tougher than against the US. My suggestion for the game would be: play Malkin, Sushinsky, Kharitonov and Ovechkin as much as possible!!! Numbers 18 and 33 are just great!!! :handclap:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
TORRUS said:
The most important thing is that Nabokov is playing GREAT! It was really hard to play against Kazakhs. They know how to play against Russia and neutralize all of their strenghts. And we all know that Russia plays bad agianst former USSR countries. Somebody mentioned how only Russian Superleague can beat Russian Superleague and that's true. B team would I think do better against this Kazakh team.

I expect an incredibly tough game tomorrow against Latvia. It will be just more of the same. It will surely be much tougher than against the US. My suggestion for the game would be: play Malkin, Sushinsky, Kharitonov and Ovechkin as much as possible!!! Numbers 18 and 33 are just great!!! :handclap:

I just hope Frolov is ok ! Put him on the first line ! Malkin should play with Ovy for sure ! And yes give Su-33 2nd line time ! He is that good !

shawn_kemp*

I think this is funny :

Порадовали комментаторы CNBC. По ходу игры они регулярно называли русских -- "совьетс," Марковых -- братьями, а Казахстан -- "Пакистаном".

During the game CNBC's commentators were calling the Russians - "Soviets", the Markovs - brothers, and Kazakhstan - "Pakistan". :D

Priceless! :biglaugh:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
shawn_kemp said:
I think this is funny :

During the game CNBC's commentators were calling the Russians - "Soviets", the Markovs - brothers, and Kazakhstan - "Pakistan". :D

What do you expect from that country ? Look at their olympic Ovy profile ! Country : Sowjet Union :biglaugh: What a dumb people :eek:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
shawn_kemp said:
I think this is funny :

I sure never heard that. :dunno:

Dec 29, 2004
CSKA said:
What do you expect from that country ? Look at their olympic Ovy profile ! Country : Sowjet Union :biglaugh: What a dumb people :eek:

Yeah, you would think the Canadian broadcasters we are importing would know more about the sport... :sarcasm:

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
shawn_kemp said:
I think this is funny :

strader was also calling malkin malkov. :shakehead

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
#37 said:
Yeah, you would think the Canadian broadcasters we are importing would know more about the sport... :sarcasm:

what does confusing Kazakhstan and Pakistan or referring to players as Soviets have to do with knowing the sport?

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
MOGiLNY said:
what does confusing Kazakhstan and Pakistan or referring to players as Soviets have to do with knowing the sport?
they aren't so ignorant of the other teams.

Dec 29, 2004
Legionnaire said:
Well that doesn't count really. We noble, true people from NA all know there's a little bit of that dirty, nasty, Soviet left in you Russians. :p: :biglaugh:

Thats not very nice. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad