GDT: Kazakhstan vs. Russia, Feb. 18, 11.30AM Torino, 5.30AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

damn, nabokov is the best goalie in this tournament, because Khazacstan was actually better than russia in the third period and had 2-3 golden opportunities to tie this game. Weak game by russia.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
We need some changes in our team ! Afinogenov on the 4th ! Kovalchuk on the 3rd ! Malkin + Ovechkin playing good hockey

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Now I understand why these Superleaguers can get these wins against top competition once in a while (Belarus-Sweden). Hot goalie, couple of lucky bounces and total team effort. Kazakhstan played teir hearts out. They were close to tying the game but Nabokov was great. There was a moment for about 5 minutes in the third period when Kazakhs dominated the game, it was scary.

shawn_kemp*

Shots : 50-24!!!

PP : Russia 0/8!!! Kazakhstan 0/7!!!

A hell of a match! :D

I predict they will meet again in the final! :sarcasm:

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
We lost the game but we got 2 points in the standings. Good. I hope the team makes some conclusions out of this and plays differently in the future games at this tournament.

shawn_kemp*

Siberian said:
There was a moment for about 5 minutes in the third period when Kazakhs dominated the game, it was scary.

Don't exagerate. They did have 2-3 dangerous rushes, but those rushes looked sooooo dangerous because we were on the brink of ******** our pants! :sarcasm:

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
now i (think i) know what RSL looks like.

russian PP needs a lot of work. :shakehead not enough movement, usually no one in front of net. they need PP units not lines and D pairs.

malkin is very very good. was definitely russia's best skater.

kovalchuk should play w/ malkin and sushinsky. he is on the ice w/ datsyuk and kovalev, but he seems to not play w/ them enough.
i was thinking frolov would play well w/ datsyuk and kovalev because he plays less selfishly; but he may be out for good. :(

korolyuk played well i thought. ovechkin played well too; he screened the goalie, drew several penalties; but i fear he may get washington syndrome--playing too individually and looking to make amazing highlight plays like he does for washington.

the D didn't look great. not really bad, but far too many errors.

if russia doesn't get much better, i think they'll have very little chance at gold. :(

shawn_kemp*

I don't think Frolov is out. He just took a hit in the shoulder, and it was just better to rest him in the 3rd than aggravate anything.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
shawn_kemp said:
I don't think Frolov is out. He just took a hit in the shoulder, and it was just better to rest him in the 3rd than aggravate anything.

Remember who he plays for in the NHL. What looks to be an agrivated shoulder, is probably a broken collar bone. :cry:

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
So as it stands now,

1. Slovakia 2gp 4pts
2. Russia 3gp 4pts
3. USA 2gp 3pts
4. Sweden 2gp 2pts
5. Latvia 2gp 1pt
6. Kazakhstan 3gp 0pts
----------------------------

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
MOGiLNY said:
So as it stands now,

1. Slovakia 2gp 4pts
2. Russia 3gp 4pts
3. USA 2gp 3pts
4. Sweden 2gp 2pts
5. Latvia 2gp 1pt
6. Kazakhstan 3gp 0pts
----------------------------

So if the US beats Slovakia they jump into the lead :yo:

Not that I don't like the Slovakian team, I really do, but USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

shawn_kemp*

Legionnaire said:
So if the US beats Slovakia they jump into the lead :yo:

What's the point of finishing 1st if the Czechs finish 4th in group A? :propeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad