GDT: Canada vs. Czech Republic - Feb. 21, 10:30 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Hilarious post at the waymoresports.com blog of this game:

"And this from [name withheld]: “For those of us who can't hear the commentary, can you please keep a running total of how many times Bob Cole refers to Zedeno Chara as 'Big Chara'?†Uh, [name] - I can assure it will be zero, as Chara plays for Slovakia. On the other hand, with Bob Cole, you never know so I’ll keep my ears up."

:biglaugh:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The tournaments that really matter to canadians are the world juniors, world cup, and the olympics

The world championships is much more of a European thing so I can see how Hrudey might have overlooked that one. I have to admit, even I forgot about the world championships until one of the posters pointed it out to me

Crossroads*

The first period was extremely even and the shots show that... 8-7 for Canada.

Canada needed this. Watch out Russia.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Epsilon said:
Does Hrudey have selective memory or something? Vokoun beat Brodeur at the World Championships, with a shutout no less. And it's not like that World Cup game was a goaltender's duel that Vokoun came out on the short end of.

Wasn't it Luongo in net vs the Czechs at the World Cup, or did Canada play them twice?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Legolas said:
Hilarious post at the waymoresports.com blog of this game:

"And this from [name withheld]: “For those of us who can't hear the commentary, can you please keep a running total of how many times Bob Cole refers to Zedeno Chara as 'Big Chara'?†Uh, [name] - I can assure it will be zero, as Chara plays for Slovakia. On the other hand, with Bob Cole, you never know so I’ll keep my ears up."

:biglaugh:

Good stuff! Has Cole referred to Canada as "the Leafs" yet?

Crossroads*

BTW, the Canadian transition game is looking 100 % better than it has in previous games.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
ferns8916 said:
Says that Vokoun knows he can't beat Brodeur. Says that Vokoun was beaten by Brodeur at the World Cup, and can't shake the memories of it.

Didn't Vokoun beat Brodeur at the World Championship last spring in the final? :dunno:

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Legolas said:
Hilarious! Wasn't it Harry Neale who referred to the Leafs in Nagano or Salt Lake City...probably both...haha

To be fair, Jim Hughson referred to them as 'Vancouver' last game.

joe_shannon_1983*

Epsilon said:
Does Hrudey have selective memory or something? Vokoun beat Brodeur at the World Championships, with a shutout no less. And it's not like that World Cup game was a goaltender's duel that Vokoun came out on the short end of.

He says that the World Championships mean nothing.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Pathfinder said:
McCabe on the ice, Brodeur has to make a save. ;)

Personally, as dangerous as it is, I think Brodeur plays better when he gets more shots...not as many as Luongo gets on a regular basis, but I think he loses focus a bit when he only gets 20 shots a game or less...I know that the New Jersey system usually results in less shots against him, but I think internationally, he plays better when he gets more shots. As long as the defence clear the rebounds, I'm not too concerned about a lot of shots. It's when we can't clear the rebounds when we have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad