GDT: Canada vs. Czech Republic - Feb. 21, 10:30 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
So this clears things up a bit: Canada will play one of Slovakia, Russia, or Sweden, while the Czech Republic will play one Slovakia, Russia or Sweden.

Wait a minute...

shawn_kemp*

In all seriousness I think it's fair to say the Czech team doesn't even deserve to be in the QF. They got in by default.

Canada is playing well, but nothing exceptional though. Still, 3 goals in 1 period :clap:

joe_shannon_1983*

Epsilon said:
So this clears things up a bit: Canada will play one of Slovakia, Russia, or Sweden, while the Czech Republic will play one Slovakia, Russia or Sweden.

Wait a minute...

I know what you mean.

I do, however, predict that the following will be what happens:

Slovakia vs. Czech Republic
Russia vs. Canada
Sweden vs. Switzerland

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
shawn_kemp said:
In all seriousness I think it's fair to say the Czech team doesn't even deserve to be in the QF. They got in by default.

The quarter finals are for the best 8 teams, you don't think the Czech's have been one of the 8 best teams ?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
ferns8916 said:
I know what you mean.

I do, however, predict that the following will be what happens:

Slovakia vs. Czech Republic
Russia vs. Canada
Sweden vs. Switzerland

This is what I'm hoping for. Two really good rivalry games there.

joe_shannon_1983*

Kelly Hrudey thinks that Vokoun is intimidated by Brodeur.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
I think Canada would have to be the underdog against any of those three teams. Russia is really flying now, and Sweden has bounced back since Forsberg started playing. Slovakia is undefeated and has been playing well regardless of what happens in their game today. I'll be happy that Canada is playing better heading into the quarters.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Dont get too excited. Candada has improved slightly but this is nothing to brag about.

Vokoun has singlehandedly put the czechs down 3-0. Vokoun should be pulled IMO. 3 weak goals on 8 shots. Yikes.... talk about letting your team down :shakehead

shawn_kemp*

Epsilon said:
Wait a minute...

:biglaugh:

pwned!!111

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
BlueAndWhite said:
It's one player. Vokoun.

The Czech's still have had some good offensive chances.

See they won just 2 games and it was against germany and Italy and who said that they were better than the germans ? That team sucks simple is that ! And hallo where is JAGR ????????????????

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
Assasin05 said:
The Silence begins to those who actually believed Vokoun could replace Hasek.

And what made you think he could'nt do it??? He's actually one of the best, definately top 5 in the NHL so far....Facing 35 to 40 shots every single game, he's definately a great goalie....not today for them unfortunately.....good for us!!! :handclap:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Matrix said:
And what made you think he could'nt do it??? He's actually one of the best, definately top 5 in the NHL so far....Facing 35 to 40 shots every single game, he's definately a great goalie....not today for them unfortunately.....good for us!!! :handclap:

Vokou cost the czechs a world cup voctory too. They should have beat canada if your remember that game. Vokoun was stinky.

This guy does't show up for big international games.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Hackett said:
Dont get too excited. Candada has improved slightly but this is nothing to brag about.

Vokoun has singlehandedly put the czechs down 3-0. Vokoun should be pulled IMO. 3 weak goals on 8 shots. Yikes.... talk about letting your team down :shakehead

I don't think anyone is getting excited. The play hasn't been stellar - and it's only been one period.

However, Pronger's goal was not weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->