GDT: Bettman's 1PM EST Press Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycle_it

May 1, 2004
florida
Dr Love said:
Seriously, why is Bettman shaking so much? It's disturbing.

I was thinking the same thing...he also touches the microphone when he doesn't like the question. I'd love to play poker with him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Takeo said:
Hockey is over. But, alas, the NFL Draft and March Madness would have owned it anyway.

Hockey over? We've still some 10 games to go before the playoffs start in Finland, with Koivu and Selänne representing their respective teams. Plus there's still the World Cahmps in Austria with several NHL players playing. It's like World Cup again. Sucks to be a hockey fan in NA now. :p:

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Crows said:
Jody_Vance_skyscraper.jpg

on a good note...

:bow: :bow: :amazed: :eek: :handclap:

I'd take this press conference better if it was her cancelling the season...

Jani8

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
"I hope goodnow resigns as the head of the NHLPA at 4 est."

He should be fired on the spot. Wasn't he supposed to get the best possible deal for the players? Guess what, Bob? The deal just got a whole lot worse.

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
Dave141 said:
I used to be pro-owner, but now I hate Bettman. I will cheer if any clubs go out of business. I will call the NLRB to lobby them to reject the use of replacements. This sport sucks.

I'm sure the NLRB is waiting your call anixiously.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Good Job Gary

Every small market fan should be happy that Bettman is sticking to his guns.

SO far so good, perhaps the players should rethink whether they want to play this game or continue to hold onto their lottery tickets.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
I like what ray ratto said:

"The announcement, after all, was the perfect anticlimax to the perfect shame. The owners wanted something they (a) couldn't get and (b) didn't deserve, and spent the past 20 weeks trying to cram the square peg into union head Bob Goodenow's left eye."

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
You have to love this, from the official press release (www.tsn.ca)

"We profoundly regret the suffering this has caused our fans, our business partners and the thousands of people who depend on our industry for their livelihoods. We will continue to explore and pursue all available options in order to achieve a successful resolution to this dispute and to get the best game in the world back where it belongs - on the ice, in front of the best fans in the world.

This statement is so wrong...... I'm quite sure everyone involved in the negotiations was thinking about the guy who sells t-shirts or the woman who runs the parking lot.... what a crock. Oh, and by the way, I'll be the fans won't be sitting there waiting for you to play either, so don't try to suck up to the very people who kept you in business all these years.....

Dave141

Aug 31, 2004
"Every small market fan should be happy that Bettman is sticking to his guns."

The last Stanley Cup Final was TB-Calgary! How much more help do the small-market teams need? I guess Bettman wants running a franchise to be so simple, even a monkey with a pencil could do it. Oh, wait a minute....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad