GDT: Bettman's 1PM EST Press Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
how is bettman going to guarantee a 2005/2006 season? he can't. he can't guarantee the players will accept an offer unless he gives them a favorable one

without an offer, there's nothing, unless he really is going to try for an impasse, and that's a joke cuz it's not the real NHL if they hire replacement players. it's a sham, a joke.

The NHL is the joke of professional sports

yeah, everyone is laughing at the NHL and the fans of the NHL right about now. thanks guys, not only did you turn the NHL into the crappiest sport in the US, you made it the laughingstock and then burried it

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Mr.Brownov said:
Did I hear correctly??Did Bettman say that we will have a season for 2005/2006???

Apparently he is GOD and can make anything happen. The laws of two countries apparently don't apply to him

Reilly311

this league needs linkage. I'm happy that's it's going to be back in. :handclap:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Wow he started getting mad there with that last question about finality.

oh he did? he got mad? HE GOT MAD? WHAT THE EFF DOES HE HAVE TO GET MAD ABOUT? WHAT ABOUT ALL THE FANS HE SCREWING OVER?? YOU THINK WE AREN'T MAD? THINK WE DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO BE PISSED OFF????

if could give a good godDAMN if bettman is mad about something. cry me a river.

oh yeah and the disclaimer...yeah i'm not happy with the NHLPA since they definatly share in the responsibility of this, but bettman is the target at the moment...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Bettman said that the league would have lost money for the first 2 years had the PA taken their offer, but that it would have been good for the game in the long run to get games running now.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
I guess the only thing we can hope for out of this is that they will keep talking, hammer out a deal with no time constraints, and get things done within plenty of time for a) the draft, or b) the start of the 2005/2006 season, instead of going through a farcical shortened season...

...Jah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

Good riddance, I suppose. Cue the CHL TV deals, because the NHL deals might as well be printed on crackers now.

davidwii

Jan 20, 2005
He just said their done losing money as a league....

Uhhh I'm gonna say....No your not.

Your canceling the season just caused you to lose ALOT more money. Good luck getting players to play for revenues of like $50.....

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Gary looks ready to punch someone. I kind of like it, it's a good change of pace from Selig's inept looks, Stern's fake smile, or Tagliabue's stone cold gaze.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Someone just asked him about the draft...

"before we play again we will need to have a draft"

as far as the details... "we haven't focused on that yet"

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Bettman said that the league would have lost money for the first 2 years had the PA taken their offer, but that it would have been good for the game in the long run to get games running now.

so instead they play games and screw around and refuse to negotiate and lose a season and will lose even more money

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
I'm going to football...anyone know any good football boards?

Kind of late for that. I've always been an NBA fan so I'm not really worried about having no NHL. I have plenty of things to watch. Many people will disagree with me (for some reason hockey fans hate basketball) but check out the NBA playoffs. They are entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->