GDT: Bettman's 1PM EST Press Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

Bettman just threw out the 45 mill again.

Looks like there was serious possiblity to accept that.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
"If they wanted 45, they sure should have told us"
"Every indication we had was they needed to be in the high 40s"

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
There is still a deal to be made here. Hopefully Bob is taking good notes and is on hold at the league office waiting for Gary to return. I am not saying it WILL get done, but there is one there to be made.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
ChiHawks468 said:
There isw still a deal to be made here. Hopefully Bob is taking good notes and is on hold at the league office waiting for Gary to return. I am not saying it WILL get done, but there is one there to be made.

[marv albert]YES!!!!!!!![/marv albert]

Anthony*

Leafer4Life said:
"The last hockey game I attended was the World Junior Championships, I dunno, that was in the beginning of January?"

Just goes to show, how much HE is an avid hockey fan :rolleyes:
oh god

yea he isnt a hockey fan because he doesnt know the exact date that an even took place

give it a rest

MissTeeks

Feb 1, 2005
Calgary, AB
Why can I not turn this off. With all my might I can't not listen to the tv or check this board. I want to not care, but it just doesn't seem to be working. Must be a girl thing. :banghead:

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Dave141 said:
I used to be pro-owner, but now I hate Bettman. I will cheer if any clubs go out of business. I will call the NLRB to lobby them to reject the use of replacements. This sport sucks.
same for me, I used to be pro owner...but that's how I feel now. :madfire:

Crows*

Buttman defllate your head. You're an idiot.

And saying there is no ego inbetween a deal here is an insult to all NHL fans.

bymer

Jan 16, 2005
NYC
will they have to stop this "media availability" to let NHLPA run with the 4 PM one? Its been an hour already.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I still don`t think this is over. He has hinted more than once that the league would look at 45 million cap and has also said that if he had to go through the embarrassment of calling another pressconference to announce the season is back on, he`d do it. I still think there will be a deal made.

bymer

Jan 16, 2005
NYC
Dr Love said:
I thought Larry Brooks got quasi-blacklisted? He just asked a question.

for those keeping score at home it was a second one today from Larry

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
Anthony said:
oh god

yea he isnt a hockey fan because he doesnt know the exact date that an even took place

give it a rest

It's just a known fact, that he isn't a big hockey fan, WHY DON'T YOU QUIT TELLING ME TO GIVE IT A REST, WE'RE ALL EMOTIONAL TODAY, AND YOU CHOOSE TO PICK ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T NEED THIS TODAY OF ALL DAYS, SO SHOVE IT OKAY?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad:

bymer

Jan 16, 2005
NYC
Crows said:
Several players on sportsnet have hinted that there may be a vote.

c'mon, would you vote and get to play now for more $$ or wait till next year and a shrinking $$ pie? This is a no-brainer.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Barry Melrose just said his impression is that if the players would have come back with the 45Mil number, that it could have been done based on what he heard from Gary.

Crows*

bymer said:
c'mon, would you vote and get to play now for more $$ or wait till next year and a shrinking $$ pie? This is a no-brainer.

I agree. THey're idiots. They're misinformed sheep cuddling in a corner sucking their mothers nipples for comfort.

It's only gonna get worse.

bymer

Jan 16, 2005
NYC
ChiHawks468 said:
Barry Melrose just said his impression is that if the players would have come back with the 45Mil number, that it could have been done based on what he heard from Gary.

Sam Rosen basically said the same thing on MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad