GDT: GDT #9 New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | November 2nd | 7 PM | F/3-0 W

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
They should be able to beat that team. Should.
Once again, what does this mean? Carolina should be able to beat us too. More so than we should be able to beat them. But any team should be able to beat any team on any given night.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Once again, what does this mean? Carolina should be able to beat us too. More so than we should be able to beat them. But any team should be able to beat any team on any given night.
The Canes look very mortal. They should be able to get a win.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lee is a cap dump? Nah nah fam, you’re referring to Mathew Barzal.

Thank you, I’ll be here all day folks.

Reactions: MJF

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Barzal is lost.

He needs sports psychiatry or something…

Edit: Or a real Head Coach.
A real coach would be nice and some talent also on is line...Not f***ing Lee. It's getting apparent Brazal may want out soon

5-2-2
3-0 road win
Commence whining!
not sure how you can be positive from this win. Washington is as old and slow as us and they Outplayed us 90% of the game. LOL

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
not sure how you can be positive from this win. Washington is as old and slow as us and they Outplayed us 90% of the game. LOL
Like nothing was high danger and the islanders just clamped down. Nothing super dangerous, just "high danger" that wasn't being converted.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
They finished strong. Not much more I can ask for. Good game. Them the bounces.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'm still curious about Lambert challenging that Oshie goal. I mean, does he just solely have to trust the assistants in the cloud? You are winning 3-0 with half a period to play, and 3-1 with and a 2 min pp is quite the gamble. I feel like that call could have gone either way. Was it a gutsy move, or another Lambert blunder that he got lucky on? Was anyone here really 100% sure that was goaltender interference before the result came through?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
A real coach would be nice and some talent also on is line...Not f***ing Lee. It's getting apparent Brazal may want out soon

Yeah, played that coach card already. Trotz shackled him. Lambert opened up the offense for him and he rewarded him with 17 games w/o goal. He’s got 1 in 9 games this year.

Maybe…it’s just the … player.

Hopefully, he wants out and Lou gets out from under that contract this season before Isles are stuck with it.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just finished watching the game and haven't read anything but my initial thoughts are that that game was the worst Barzal has looked in some time. He did absolutely nothing but turn the puck over all night. Horvat was all over the ice and making up for Barzal's mistakes.

Aho was abused all night by Oshie.

Kuznetsov was dominating early but after the puck to the head seemed to slow down significantly.

Fasching is a more well rounded player than Wahlstrom.

Reactions: MJF and LeapOnOver

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Yeah, played that coach card already. Trotz shackled him. Lambert opened up the offense for him and he rewarded him with 17 games w/o goal. He’s got 1 in 9 games this year.

Maybe…it’s just the … player.

Hopefully, he wants out and Lou gets out from under that contract this season before Isles are stuck with it.
Could not agree more. We overrate him so badly.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Anders Lee looked a smidge better. He wasn't good, but he definitely wasn't hot ass tonight.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I'm still curious about Lambert challenging that Oshie goal. I mean, does he just solely have to trust the assistants in the cloud? You are winning 3-0 with half a period to play, and 3-1 with and a 2 min pp is quite the gamble. I feel like that call could have gone either way. Was it a gutsy move, or another Lambert blunder that he got lucky on? Was anyone here really 100% sure that was goaltender interference before the result came through?
I'm assuming someone saw the skate being stepped on. That's usually enough to get the interference.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Isles played like poo and won. Sure beats playing like poo and losing.

• Haha
Reactions: JKP

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017

So interesting comment on Washington being slow, I purposely focused Ovechkin last night in his pursuit of Gretzky's goal scoring record. And what I saw was a man who's play is definitely being impacted by Father time. I saw a player that had no interest in returning to the play in the D-zone and lacked in his ability to throw his signature crushing hit at least once a game. His pursuit of the puck in the offensive zone also seemed to be missing some spark. Maybe he was having an off night or maybe all those big hits he's thrown all these years are taking a toll. But I'm not sure as all the analyst are saying that it's a "matter of when and not if" the record will be broken. That being said I'm sure in his next game he throws a massive hit and scores a natural hat trick.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
1699010479772.png

We suck!

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Hickey kept on saying how good John Carlson is defensively... ?

No doubt Carlson is great on the PP, but why does it seem that some or other NYI player (usually Josh Bailey, now Simon Holmstrom) makes him look like a practice dummy?

Barzal was definitely not showing 100%. Injury or poor effort?

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Wasn’t a great effort but we’re paying a $10M cap hit to our goalies to win games like this sometimes.

Hope Pelech is ok. We’ve seen enough last year to see how this team functions without him.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The Isles PK is at 18% and WAS PP is at 12%. So they didn't need to be 100% sure to make it a worthwhile challenge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad