GDT #2 New York Islanders vs Arizona Coyotes | October 17th | 7:30 PM | F/1-0 W

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
On a more serious note, they may not be playing sexy hockey so far, but to bank 4/4 points in the first week is HUGE.

I can see Gauthier coming in for Fasching to add some speed and mojo to the third line.

I still think Fasching has a role on this club, but probably more in a fourth line role (if/when Clutterbuck is on the shelf).

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Wither respect...Duh, but it's been a problem for years so why would that problem be solved if the same team continues be be brought back year after year?
this is how they have to win, they have a world class goalie and a guy who is probably a 1 on a lot of teams as the backup. If they can get PP to be in top 15 in league they can win 45-50 games.

Reactions: periferal

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
On a more serious note, they may not be playing sexy hockey so far, but to bank 4/4 points in the first week is HUGE.

I can see Gauthier coming in for Fasching to add some speed and mojo to the third line.

I still think Fasching has a role on this club, but probably more in a fourth line role (if/when Clutterbuck is on the shelf).
Fasching was noticeable tonight I thought, that new third line had a good game tonight I thought.

Reactions: Lek

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Fasching was noticeable tonight I thought, that new third line had a good game tonight I thought.
I didn’t pay a ton of attention to the game, just speaking to those who have been unhappy with him in the GDT.

If anything, it’s more concerning than Lee is playing bottom six minutes at even strength and is seemingly doing nothing except playing ‘safe’.

He still needs to produce outside of the PP otherwise that contract becomes super bad.

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
I didn’t pay a ton of attention to the game, just speaking to those who have been unhappy with him in the GDT.

If anything, it’s more concerning than Lee is playing bottom six minutes at even strength and is seemingly doing nothing except playing ‘safe’.

He still needs to produce outside of the PP otherwise that contract becomes super bad.
That contract is already super bad.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Horvat is a bulldog, which I love. I just need him to pot one to get going.

Fantastic one timer from Barzy (or was it tipped?).

Brock Nelson continues to do Brocktober things, had a great back check that probably went unnoticed by many.
As long as Horvat keeps pumping shots on goal, I’ll be happy/confident in him.

He might not be a 40+ goal scorer here (because of the way NYI plays) but SOG is a strong indicator of healthy play.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Thought we looked pretty good for the most part tonight, especially the top 6. We had some high danger chances, just need to convert more. 2 points is what’s most important.

Agree that I’d prob go with Gauthier on Friday over Fasching.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

I mean we kinda wanted Lee in lesser role and he is now, I thought that line was good especially in third period tonight. They are still fact finding with lines 1 and 3, the fact they have been able to bank a coupl,e wins while doing it is even better.

Reactions: seafoam

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Gauthier or Wahlstrom in against the Devils/Sabres

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
As long as Horvat keeps pumping shots on goal, I’ll be happy/confident in him.

He might not be a 40+ goal scorer here (because of the way NYI plays) but SOG is a strong indicator of healthy play.
I'm predicting 19 goals for him, however, if he makes the TEAM better, well, that's fine with me. I'm sure everyone would be OK with the Islanders in the playoffs with him scoring 19 VS him scoring 50 and missing the playoffs.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I mean we kinda wanted Lee in lesser role and he is now, I thought that line was good especially in third period tonight. They are still fact finding with lines 1 and 3, the fact they have been able to bank a coupl,e wins while doing it is even better.
I’ve wanted Lee in the middle six so I’m not mad, I just wish he was more noticable than he has been thus far in these situations.

He can get hot real fast so my jury is still out.

I'm predicting 19 goals for him, however, if he makes the TEAM better, well, that's fine with me. I'm sure everyone would be OK with the Islanders in the playoffs with him scoring 19 VS him scoring 50 and missing the playoffs.
He’ll get 24+, 19 would be a disaster.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Thought we looked pretty good for the most part tonight, especially the top 6. We had some high danger chances, just need to convert more. 2 points is what’s most important.

Agree that I’d prob go with Gauthier on Friday over Fasching.
Think they need to give everything more than two games especially two games they won. I’d guess Wahlstrom and Gauthier will get their chances at some point

Reactions: Big L

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I’ve wanted Lee in the middle six so I’m not mad, I just wish he was more noticable than he has been thus far in these situations.

He can get hot real fast so my jury is still out.

He’ll get 24+, 19 would be a disaster.
Just have a bad feeling, but take into consideration that if the PP and his line mates get better, I'm ok with it.

19 Straight

Jan 25, 2006
New Jersey
Yes they got two points, but a game like this should never be close. The Islanders left too many opportunities slip away and still can't finish. This should have been a 3-0 win and not a 1-0 game.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yes they got two points, but a game like this should never be close. The Islanders left too many opportunities slip away and still can't finish. This should have been a 3-0 win and not a 1-0 game.
And I’m sure the team feels the same way.

The biggest thing is that they were able to play subpar hockey and bank two points in October.

Banking points early on is huge to playoff hopes.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Isles played great for 2 periods and decent in the 3rd. They missed a couple of great chance. JGP and Clutter should have shot the puck on their 2 on 1's.

Really love what Engvall brings to the table. I know some may not like the term, but I think he fits this team perfectly. Made some very glod defensive plays and his skating is a huge asset for this team.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Isles played suffocating defense, which is good.

Way too many shots from the point with no one in front, but I like that they were getting the puck to the net

Referees suck (they didn’t really tonight, but I can’t not say it)

Reactions: WangMustGo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad