Confirmed with Link: Gaudreau's teammate Kevin Hayes Won't Sign in Chicago (Update: Signed with NYR)

Trae

Calgary
Could Calgary sign Kevin Hayes?

@TPS_Guy: As per @CHN_AdamWodon, Boston College senior Kevin Hayes won't sign with Chicago, He's UFA Aug 15th. Will #Flames reunite that entire line?

Darren Haynes just retweeted this. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to bring that line to the next level, but although he is a right winger he shoots left. I'm already a bit concerned with or lack of right hand shots in this organization.

If he becomes available do we pursue him? Gotta think we'd have an inside track.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Dale Tallon is also the GM who drafted Hayes and is now in Florida.

So, the GM who drafted you and the team your brother plays on? Or your two best friends with whom you formed the most prolific scoring line in the NCAA? I wonder if Chicago would play Burke and Tallon off of one another and try and move him in a trade. If they let him walk, they do get a 2nd rounder as compensation for an unsigned 1st rounder, so any trade offer would have to trump that.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
If we have to pay more than a 3rd to get his rights let florida get him

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
If we have to pay more than a 3rd to get his rights let florida get him

We would have to pay more since Chicago gets the 54th overall pick in this draft for not signing him.

You gotta wonder what kind of impression the Flames made on Hayes sending Craig Conroy (along with a reporter plus camera crew) in a private jet just to get Gaudreau and Arnold signed and fly them to Vancouver to play in a game.

Trae

Calgary
I wouldn't trade for him, but would sign him Aug 15 if available and wanted to play here. He seems like a Burke player for sure, though, so who knows.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Wait, his name is actually Guy Flaming?

This made me laugh way too hard. :laugh:

If we do go after Hayes, I don't want to give up any assets. There's enough of a lure for him to come here that we could probably afford to wait until August 15th and just sign him for free.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
We would have to pay more since Chicago gets the 54th overall pick in this draft for not signing him.

You gotta wonder what kind of impression the Flames made on Hayes sending Craig Conroy (along with a reporter plus camera crew) in a private jet just to get Gaudreau and Arnold signed and fly them to Vancouver to play in a game.
after an emotional game to end his college career and seeing things like that he probably wants to follow his two best friends....to CALGARY!

If this were true, I hope people can shut up about players not wanting to play for the Flames organization or the city of Calgary. It's got mad respect around the league

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Wait, his name is actually Guy Flaming?

I clicked on the link to see who this TPS_Guy guy was and if he had any credibility (and more importantly come up with an Office Space joke) and here's his description:

One half of the best hockey prospects show on radio (TSN 1260). Covering Major Junior, CJHL, USHL, NCAA, AHL. And yes, this IS my real name - blame my parents.

:laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

The compensation would be 54th overall in next year's draft since he would not officially go unsigned until 2 months after this years draft.

Since next year is said to be a deep draft again they would want something much higher this year IMO and that just isn't worth it. His hockey IQ simply hasn't impressed me in the games I've seen, I don't see he is worth a 2nd round pick.

Not terribly interested. Sign him but don't trade anything of significant value for him.
Exactly this.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I clicked on the link to see who this TPS_Guy guy was and if he had any credibility (and more importantly come up with an Office Space joke) and here's his description:

:laugh:
When it comes to prospects usually he is pretty good and rarely puts out information like this.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

I don't know if this has been said anywhere else, but it certainly deserves to be. There's no better person to send to represent the Flames than Connie. Iggy and Kipper are my all time favourite players but Connie is the best personality by a longshot and you know he was doing a great job hyping up the team, city, and fans. You'd definitely have to bet he left a good impression on those guys.

[nhl]601041[/nhl]

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Guy Flaming ‏@TPS_Guy 23m
Paraphrasing @CHN_AdamWodon here but "friction" stemming from the Hawks trading Jimmy Hayes. It's Adam's story though @Sebmono @coreypronman

Seems like something happened between the Hayes' and the Hawks. I don't think simply trading his brother would piss off Kevin.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Kevin Hayes ‏@KevinPHayes12 18h
Congrats to my 2 Lineys and 2 of my best friends @johngaudreau03 and @BillDaHurricane for signing with the Flames. Doing big things #trio

was Kevin Hayes' tweet after our Eagles signed. He said #trio so he must've liked Craig Conroy's offer too :sarcasm:

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
Then there is the good will of doing a trade, like Col 2nd or our 2nd next year. or built into a bigger deal ....

but I agree not to spend too much on him for sure

JulianHopper*

I agree the Flames probably won't trade for him but may sign him as a free agent.

Flames have a lot of prospects right now, up two more as of yesterday in Gaudreau and Arnold. Plus there's this years draft and the players coming out of it.

These players all have to be given a decent look and evaluated properly.

I think we'll see a few offseason moves regarding current prospects that are and have been in the system.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Then there is the good will of doing a trade, like Col 2nd or our 2nd next year. or built into a bigger deal ....

but I agree not to spend too much on him for sure
No. He is not worth it, his hockey IQ is not the greatest and his skating isn't the best. I wouldn't trade a 2nd for him even if he wasn't going to be a free agent in August. He is not worth more than Knight IMO who returned a 4th. The only difference in this situation is that Hayes was drafted in the 1st round so the Hawks will get compensation from the NHL.

Since they will get the 54th in 2015, the Colorado pick will not entice them much since the 2015 draft is said to be much deeper than this years. And no way in hell am I for moving our 2nd in 2015 when it will probably be 31st-35th in a deep year.

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Guys, you can't pass up on this guy just because we have a bunch of left handed shots. You can address those needs and sign him. There's plenty of room in the organization.

This is a former first round pick who just scored 65 points in the NCAA, has great skill and size, and has established chemistry with two of our top prospects. No brainer. I think we will sign him for sure. Welcome to Calgary Kevin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad