Rumor: Garrioch: Boyle, Clowe among top trade options

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Supposedly (according to Dreger) the Stars have traded Brendan Morrow to Pittsburgh for Joe Morrow, if Brendan waives his NTC.

I hope to god that's the whole trade and it's true, because that would set the market for Clowe (I think his value is damn near identical to Brendan Morrow's) and Joe Morrow is a blue-chip prospect.

And he's older than Clowe, and sucked for longer :P

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Here is a more bothersome thought. Why wouldn't they trade for Clowe for Joe Morrow if thats legit. I can see it now, Doug Wilson turned it down because he couldn't get a pick too. lol

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
If Morrow does get traded, I wonder if the flood gates open with trades over the next few days.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Morrow to Pitt confirmed. Arron Ward.

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 1m
Brendan Morrow waives his NTC to go to Pitt #TSN

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
That's the narrative. The truth is that he gives every goal he scores back in his own end. He scored like 14 points in 6 games last spring. He was a -7. That should say something, even though plus-minus isn't a great stat.

I'm not advocating for Briere or anything, but couldn't we spare some defensive qualities right now for some scoring? As of right now our defense and our forwards aren't exactly letting in a lot of goals. The way we stand now, I would prefer a pure goal scorer, then a 2 way forward.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm not advocating for Briere or anything, but couldn't we spare some defensive qualities right now for some scoring? As of right now our defense and our forwards aren't exactly letting in a lot of goals. The way we stand now, I would prefer a pure goal scorer, then a 2 way forward.

Briere isn't a goalscorer. The last thing we need is another soft playmaker.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m
Pitt gets B. Morrow and a 3rd-round pick 2013 in exchange Dallas gets prospects Joe Morrow and a 5th-round pick 2013

Picks are always involved...

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
We should sell our players for picks and prospects. This team is NOT winning the Stanley Cup with how poorly they are coached and constructed.

Last edited:

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
I'm waiting for DW to trade away more of our future for players who will walk at season's end ... we are not effing contenders, Doug!!

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Pens fans are having a melt down :laugh: prospects are so incredibly overrated. Pretty savvy move by Shero..they have a whole stable of young dmen so why not? Its not like the Pens d-corps is aging. Fans here think your team wins the cup by hoarding prospects.

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
He's only got 6 goals in 30 games this year, despite shooting 20%. :laugh: Dude blows much worse than Clowe, Clowe's got like twice as many shots on goal as Morrow.

That's SIX TIMES as many goals as Clowe has though. I think we are all being homers on Clowes value at the moment. He's injured, has no goals, is a ufa, and is playing like crap this year. I bet DW is having a hard time getting true value for him.

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
Pens fans are having a melt down :laugh: prospects are so incredibly overrated. Pretty savvy move by Shero..they have a whole stable of young dmen so why not? Its not like the Pens d-corps is aging. Fans here think your team wins the cup by hoarding prospects.

Everyone on HF boards wants to win the cup in 5-6 years. Not in the next couple. Derp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad