Rumor: Garrioch: Boyle, Clowe among top trade options

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
All the time. He isn't unusual in this regard.

Sometimes, I think that DW is being "trolled" by other GMs. In recent years, I know that other GMs had shown a lot of interest in Zalewski and Petrecki...two guys that have been absolute busts. I just wonder why there was so much interest there. I then throw in DW constantly trading up in the draft because "someone else is going to pick HIS guy", and maybe DW can't read another GM's poker face.

Why do teams keep claiming Zach ****ing Boychuk? GM's love restoration projects.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Garrioch is Eklund 2.0 ...don't believe anything he says.

Can't say it's 100% bs if Boyle and Clowe personally had to address trade rumors and publicly state that they'd like to stay in San Jose.

How does Garrioch know that? Has he spoken to all 29 GMs? Why would DW even be talking to the likes of LA, Anaheim, Vancouver, etc?

If he's as desperate as Garrioch is portraying him, then I'm sure he'd have no problem trading a 36-year old defenseman or a pending UFA to a team in his division/conference.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Can't say it's 100% bs if Boyle and Clowe personally had to address trade rumors and publicly state that they'd like to stay in San Jose.

If he's as desperate as Garrioch is portraying him, then I'm sure he'd have no problem trading a 36-year old defenseman or a pending UFA to a team in his division/conference.

The whole contacting 29 teams thing sounds completely fabricated.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

Both Boyle's response and Garrioch's report could just be based on Lebrun's original speculation (in which he had no evidence, he was just stating his opinion of what the Sharks should do).

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I find it hard for a reporter of any kind to get that sort of information. What GM would want it public that he's calling every team with offers.

Especially DW. He's always tight lipped and hush hush about everything.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
The whole contacting 29 teams thing sounds completely fabricated.

Weren't the GM meetings just last week? If so, "contacting" 29 other teams would be as hard as walking up to another GM and going "Yo". :) Not exactly a lot of effort required, and sort of what you expect GM's to do when they all get together.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
I find it hard for a reporter of any kind to get that sort of information. What GM would want it public that he's calling every team with offers.

Especially DW. He's always tight lipped and hush hush about everything.

True. The leak could come from the other (29) side(s) though.

Weren't the GM meetings just last week? If so, "contacting" 29 other teams would be as hard as walking up to another GM and going "Yo". :) Not exactly a lot of effort required, and sort of what you expect GM's to do when they all get together.

Good point!

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
True. The leak could come from the other (29) side(s) though.

Garrioch's a hack. Yes, it sounds plausible, even likely, but he doesn't know much more than we do. That's how he fools people into thinking he knows something. I'm certain that he doesn't know more than any of the respectable hockey writers who haven't reported it. This would be a big story if it were happening. Garrioch's one step above Eklund in that he sometimes incorporates common sense into his crap, making it seem more viable.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
Kurz also tweeted that "Briere is out tonight with a lower body injury, and he has the same cap hit as Boyle. Just sayin..."

Seriously Kurz???:shakehead

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I would die laughing if we traded for Briere. But that's a total DW thing to do, trade for a "playoff performer". Never mind that he's the worst defensive forward in the league.

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
Boyle for Briere? DW must know that his days are numbered and is trying to screw this team as much as possible before he's gone.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
Briere is a legit playoff performer though in Philly. Whether or not he would be here is another story...

He has performed well in both Philly AND Buffalo in the playoffs. He performed well in Phoenix on a seriously underperforming team. However, he has never been much for defense. When performing really well, he has been playing in two very fast systems.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Briere is a legit playoff performer though in Philly. Whether or not he would be here is another story...

That's the narrative. The truth is that he gives every goal he scores back in his own end. He scored like 14 points in 6 games last spring. He was a -7. That should say something, even though plus-minus isn't a great stat.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
What is it with people thinking DW is gonna screw the team on his way out or do something stupid just to save his job? What has DW ever done to show he has some vengeful streak or underhandedness trait.

He's was our first Captain who ended up being our GM. It's as though people think he couldn't possibly have the org's interest in mind and will burn the house down on his way out as if he has no emotional investment in this team.

I ask again, what in the real world has he ever done that points to him being such an ass.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Supposedly (according to Dreger) the Stars have traded Brendan Morrow to Pittsburgh for Joe Morrow, if Brendan waives his NTC.

I hope to god that's the whole trade and it's true, because that would set the market for Clowe (I think his value is damn near identical to Brendan Morrow's) and Joe Morrow is a blue-chip prospect.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Supposedly (according to Dreger) the Stars have traded Brendan Morrow to Pittsburgh for Joe Morrow, if Brendan waives his NTC.

I hope to god that's the whole trade and it's true, because that would set the market for Clowe (I think his value is damn near identical to Brendan Morrow's) and Joe Morrow is a blue-chip prospect.

Interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad