Rumor: Garrioch: Boyle, Clowe among top trade options

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/23/nhl-trade-deadline-primer-western-conference

Garrioch looks at Western Conference. Has Clowe at #4 and Boyle and #5 of potential movers.

As for the Sharks....
SAN JOSE SHARKS: GM Doug Wilson isn't trying to reset or retool, he's in a total state of panic. He's called about 29 GM's trying to make deals. Yes, Clowe is available and so is D Dan Boyle, but Wilson is willing to discuss anything. The concern is the same: Wilson has a tough time getting deals done.

I disagree on his conclusion (that DW has tough time doing deals).

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
If they dont want to tank or rebuild, why trade Boyle? What can he possibly be traded for that can help this team right now?

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
Sorry, anything from Toronto news regarding hockey rumors is usually utter ********...

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
If Boyle is traded it means we're sellers and throwing in the towel. He's one of our most important players and puck-moving and PP would be in shambles without him. Also, if we're trading Boyle it'll probably be for picks or prospects from a cup contender so we won't get anybody back that will help us this year and our offensively challenged team would be even more offensively challenged. We're gonna go from 1 gpg to 0.5 gpg. I don't think DW will trade Boyle because I think he's delusional enough to think we're a cup contender and can pull an LA Kings if we can get to the playoffs.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Garrioch is Eklund with a newspaper gig. and hell, I could do what Garrioch does.

San Jose might look to trade some people. Unless they don't.

Boom. Done. Give me a sack of money.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Eklund should go on Sportsnet with Garrioch.

IIRC, Garrioch isn't even good enough for Sportsnet. I think a few years ago he got a gig at the deadline on The Score (used to be like ESPNNews, until they realized that they're redundant because of the internet. Now they're the sports network for testosterone-poisoned d-bags)

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Doesn't he do that all the time anyways. Just to kick tires and chat?

All the time. He isn't unusual in this regard.

Sometimes, I think that DW is being "trolled" by other GMs. In recent years, I know that other GMs had shown a lot of interest in Zalewski and Petrecki...two guys that have been absolute busts. I just wonder why there was so much interest there. I then throw in DW constantly trading up in the draft because "someone else is going to pick HIS guy", and maybe DW can't read another GM's poker face.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Doesn't he do that all the time anyways. Just to kick tires and chat?

Highly doubt Boyle & Clowe were available when he was doing his regular rounds like you're suggesting. These rumors maybe started two weeks ago and calling 29 teams about a guy like Boyle in that small a time period or so looks like he's losing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad