Rumor: Garrioch: Boyle, Clowe among top trade options

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
Even though I Boyle for Briere would not be a good trade for us. Briere has always been one of my favorite random players. I like him!

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That's SIX TIMES as many goals as Clowe has though. I think we are all being homers on Clowes value at the moment. He's injured, has no goals, is a ufa, and is playing like crap this year. I bet DW is having a hard time getting true value for him.

But it's all bad luck. Clowe has TWICE as many shots. Morrow is scoring at a 16 goal pace despite shooting 20%. Clowe is without a doubt a better player than Morrow. There are enough GMs that use more than plain counting stats that will understand this.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
That's SIX TIMES as many goals as Clowe has though. I think we are all being homers on Clowes value at the moment. He's injured, has no goals, is a ufa, and is playing like crap this year. I bet DW is having a hard time getting true value for him.

The zero property of multiplication is your friend. 6x0=0.

You could say his goal scoring has been infinitely better than Clowe's this year.

edit: Meant 6x0≠6 or 6x0=0 and combined them:facepalm:

Last edited:

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Let's just pray to god that DW decides to sell at the deadline.

jonah.gif

He wouldn't do this unless they were guaranteed not to make the playoffs ... especially with L.A. winning the cup as an 8th seed. Yay, false hope!

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
jonah.gif

He wouldn't do this unless they were guaranteed not to make the playoffs ... especially with L.A. winning the cup as an 8th seed. Yay, false hope!

Seriously .. not only does LA winning the cup last year makes us the only team in California without the cup but it also gives DW the false sense of belief that no matter how bad we suck in the regular season .. we can still beat the odds and have a cup run. Thanks LA!

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
But it's all bad luck. Clowe has TWICE as many shots. Morrow is scoring at a 16 goal pace despite shooting 20%. Clowe is without a doubt a better player than Morrow. There are enough GMs that use more than plain counting stats that will understand this.

Hmm...you never know. A lot of teams in this league track save percentage while a player is on the ice, meaning that they believe that certain players can actually influence a goalie's save percentage. I believe that that was a big reason the Sharks went after Kent Huskins.

Who knows what crazy GMs believe?

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Seriously .. not only does LA winning the cup last year makes us the only team in California without the cup but it also gives DW the false sense of belief that no matter how bad we suck in the regular season .. we can still beat the odds and have a cup run. Thanks LA!

Hopefully they are 14th by next Wed and Doug gives up.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Well the games we have before the 3rd are:

Ducks, Ducks, Wings, Coyotes and Canucks.

It is highly likely that we are further down the rankings.

Mentioned that earlier in the thread. The only game we have a chance at is the Wings. The Ducks always beat us, the Yotes always beat us, and Vancouver is playing great right now. Hopefully this stretch of losses puts DW in a selling mood. :)

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
The zero property of multiplication is your friend. 6x0=0.

You could say his goal scoring has been infinitely better than Clowe's this year.

edit: Meant 6x0≠6 or 6x0=0 and combined them:facepalm:

Infinitely better!!! That's even worse!!!

But yeah blar blar blar you know what I meant.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I don't think DW is going to 'blow' it up even then. He will probably trade Demers and Pavs instead of Murray and Clowe for rentals.

Don't say that :(

I'm not sure if it would be worse if he re-signed Clowe or if let him walk. Trade him Doug.

On the LA thing, remember, LA change their coach mid-season before they started winning. So if Doug really is following their lead then at least he should fire Tmac.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
I'm at the point that I want them to keep losing so it becomes clear that they need to be sellers.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
I'm at the point that I want them to keep losing so it becomes clear that they need to be sellers.

How funny would it be if the Sharks went on a winning streak till the deadline, DW becomes a buyer and gives up everything for a rental player and the Sharks still lose in the first round...:handclap:

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Don't say that :(

I'm not sure if it would be worse if he re-signed Clowe or if let him walk. Trade him Doug.

On the LA thing, remember, LA change their coach mid-season before they started winning. So if Doug really is following their lead then at least he should fire Tmac.

mid season is already gone. so that theory is gone too! (I mean about firing T-Mac).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad