Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I'm pretty early into the game (maybe 2 hours) but it feels very similar. There's a bit more you can do with your active skills from what I can see so far, but if I had to give a definitive answer right now, I'd say it's pretty much just more of the Division.

Yeah sounds about right. My friends quit before even hitting the level cap in the first one, I ended up basically doing solo dark zone stuff in a dead game and quitting after like two months. It was a pretty cool concept, complete game by the time it had finished the DLC cycle, from what I could tell. hope you have a good experience w/ it

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu - loving it. Just what I needed for a return to Pokemon. The removal of random wild Pokémon encounters and the changed catching mechanics, as well as whole party XP gain (which I know has been around for a while now) makes the game feel like less of a grind and better paced. I’m also playing through in French for the first time so it’s been an interesting learning curve in that sense.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - not loving it as much as I did the first time I played years ago on my friend’s WiiU. Some of the tracks feel pretty short and it took me a second to realise there were assists automatically enabled. Turned those off and it’s a bit better but I’m still looking for something a bit more difficult. Gonna try CTR next.

The local multiplayer on the other hand has been awesome. I’m currently doing a lot of travelling and played a lot with friends and strangers.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I just finished Detroit: Become Human. Amazing game and awesome storytelling. I would like to do another playthrough and make drastically different choices, but its too familiar in my mind at the moment. Maybe a year or two down the road.

Next I'm going to take a crack at MGS:V Phantom Pain or possibly Middle Earth: Shadows of War. They're both on my backlog of things to play, but neither is really calling to me as the next one.

Reactions: Wrigley

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Finally doing another backlog dive and started up the Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher III. Been itching to do it for a while, but other stuff kept coming up.

Also World of Warcraft because....reasons?

Reactions: Wrigley and Fudge

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I turned on my PS4 for the first time in about 6 months the other night and saw Persona 5 sitting there. P4G is top 3 all time for me but P5 never grabbed me. I gave it another shot and I'm loving it. It's so damn stylish. The Negotiation system can be frustrating as hell, but damn is it so good. I can see myself putting in 100+ hours.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I turned on my PS4 for the first time in about 6 months the other night and saw Persona 5 sitting there. P4G is top 3 all time for me but P5 never grabbed me. I gave it another shot and I'm loving it. It's so damn stylish. The Negotiation system can be frustrating as hell, but damn is it so good. I can see myself putting in 100+ hours.
Man I wish I had the time to sink into this game right now, I played like 15-20 hours and was like damn I'm not even close to done lmao. It is the only game where just doing random stuff and even interacting with the UI/menus and stuff are actually like as fun as the rest of the game to me. It's like if they turned an anime into a fun game.

Reactions: Wrigley

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Playing Doom 2 for the first time in years, granted on lower difficulty on the Switch.

Still fun as hell, albeit having to sign into a Bethesda account (and essentially having the game bricked with error messages if you aren't connected when exiting standby mode) and not having a weapon a number press away is annoying, but still damn fun.

Also back on BotW just wandering about, because I have problems.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Was playing Division 2, but have to take a break because my ISP (Comcast) is sucking at the moment. Will switch to FiOS next week.

In the meantime, I'm making progress on Dead Cells.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Currently playing the hell out of Dicey Dungeons. Nice Roguelike with music that slaps. From Terry Cavanagh the guy who made VVVVVV and Super Hexagon.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Recently got into Stardew Valley, but I'm losing interest partway through year 2. I'm almost done with the community center, but it's getting grindy to the point that I'd rather play OSRS.

Played a little No Man's Sky VR the other day, which I had so much trouble controlling that it just makes me want to play regular NMS.

And a little Madden 08 franchise mode.

Last edited:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Tried out Watchdogs 2, and gave up after 30 mins. Game was complete dogshit.

Started Assassin's Creed Odyssey earlier in the week and the game is pretty awesome. I probably have like 15-20 hours and I feel like I've made no progress lol.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I just started playing Ion Fury (currently on Windows/Linux and coming to XB1/PS4/Switch) and it's awesome. It's a first-person shooter built on an updated version of the 2.5D Build engine. It plays just like the classic Duke Nukem 3D, but with a wise-cracking chick instead of a dude. The gun play is satisfying, it's violent and gory and the levels are large, non-linear and complex. It's not original, but it's a lot of fun so far and a nostalgia trip.

ion-fury-censorship-apology.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankie Spankie

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I have really been wanting to play Ion Fury but my backlog is so damn big. There's also a couple new games I want to play coming out soon in Blasphemous and Trine 4. Ion Fury does look like good fun though. I find the hate it has been getting calling it homophobic pretty funny though. This looks like a classic 90s shooter through and through, even down to the childish humor. The people complaining saying they aren't going to buy the game are the people that were never going to buy it anyway.

I did finally just start Supra Land, which I bought during the summer sale, after finishing up Thronebreaker. The exploration is so fun in that game. I'm only about 45 minutes in but about half of what I did, I already played in the demo prior to beating it so I flew through that portion.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
WoW Classic
Dead By Daylight
Astral Chain (Will be starting Friday)
Catherine: Full Body (Will be starting Tuesday)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I have really been wanting to play Ion Fury but my backlog is so damn big. There's also a couple new games I want to play coming out soon in Blasphemous and Trine 4. Ion Fury does look like good fun though. I find the hate it has been getting calling it homophobic pretty funny though. This looks like a classic 90s shooter through and through, even down to the childish humor. The people complaining saying they aren't going to buy the game are the people that were never going to buy it anyway.

My backlog is big, too, but this is an easy one to fit in. You can play it in short spurts here and there, when you don't have the time or concentration to play something bigger and harder, without worrying about forgetting the gameplay (which is very familiar) or the story (which there's very little of). I always have several of these that I'm playing through, for times when I don't have the time or interest in a more involving game that I may be playing through at the same time.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
WoW classic. The nasty queues are hopefully going to subside soon.
Maintenance today was for the queues I believe. So hopefully it's been resolved for a lot of the servers, although some will still see them regardless I believe.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Maintenance today was for the queues I believe. So hopefully it's been resolved for a lot of the servers, although some will still see them regardless I believe.
Yup it certainly helped. I feel bad though for people of Herod and Whitemane. Still long queues for them.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
526495-8bitdo-sn30-pro.jpg

Bought this exact controller and it makes a world of difference. I am finally going to beat Shovel Knight. :yo:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
526495-8bitdo-sn30-pro.jpg

Bought this exact controller and it makes a world of difference. I am finally going to beat Shovel Knight. :yo:

I spent a few weeks last month controller shopping and narrowed my choices down to that SN30 Pro and the N30 Pro 2. I needed a controller to play a lot of platform/arcade/action/puzzle games (like Shovel Knight, Blocks That Matter, Cuphead, The Messenger, etc.) that I'd been putting off because they're just not designed for or comfortable with mouse and keyboard. I ended up going with the N30 Pro 2, since the NES is more "my generation" than the SNES and it's a thinner controller, so it packs better for travel, but I still might eventually buy an SN30 Pro to compare.

8BitDo N30 Pro 2:
61gTBapIltL._SX466_.jpg

I love it, and I'm sure that I would've loved the SN30 Pro, as well, since it's pretty much the same controller, just with different design and ergonomics. I love that both models have the old school (no handles) design that I'm comfortable with, yet still have all of the buttons and sticks of modern controllers (so that any modern game can be played with them without compromise). I also like their wide compatibility (with Windows, Android, MacOS, Steam, Switch and Raspberry Pi), so that I can use them with anything, as well as the fact that they're rechargeable and can be connected with Bluetooth or USB cable.

BTW, for those interested in the SN30 Pro, there's now an SN30 Pro+ which adds handles. They're not for me, but a lot of gamers (especially younger ones) are used to controllers with handles and may prefer it.

8BitDo SN30 Pro+:
569053-8bitdo-sn30-pro.jpg
\

Last edited:
Reactions: flyingkiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad