Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
NEVER?

I don't replay a lot of games myself (despite currently replaying one....) but never is a long time :laugh:

What's also a long time is how long folks like you and me have been gaming. Not everyone is as old and dusty as we are ;). I won't re-play a game until it's been at least 10 years, so I can see how, if you've barely been gaming longer than that, you may not have had the urge to re-play anything yet.

I'm blessed (and cursed) with trash memory so replaying my favorites is great :biglaugh:

I'm the same way. In fact, a few days ago, I watched an old movie, presumably for the first time, and it wasn't until the very end that a sequence of scenes clicked in my head and I realized that I had watched the movie as a kid.

Last edited:

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
I just went through this a couple months ago, playing Witcher 3 for the first time, giving Velen/Novigrad a thorough play through, then hitting Skellige for the first time. Velen was too big to do this but if you like exploring in these open world games I'd suggest turning off the minimap for a while and try wandering around the first area blindly. It's a big enough island to explore and being surrounded by ocean keeps it contained.

Siren's are damn annoying though. And when you get on a boat there's so many ? smugglers cache's that I eventually just added a 9999 weight limit mod. Especially since like Nyqill said you're not going to be equipping any of the loot as it's better to just craft and use Witcher gear.
I got to Skellige yesterday and just realized that I can loot monster nests after I've destroyed them. Have quite a few left to loot when I'm heading back to Velen/Novigrad then lol.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Not everyone is as old and dusty as we are ;).

I'm not THAT old.

But it used to be that you only had a handful of games and basically had no choice but to replay. Now you just buy stuff on Steam for pennies....and don't play it :biglaugh:

Siren's are damn annoying though. And when you get on a boat there's so many ? smugglers cache's that I eventually just added a 9999 weight limit mod.

My method: Don't bother with ?s in the water.

It's just better. Whoever designed that loot is a moron. Also the playtesters are morons for not pushing back hard enough saying how dumb it is. Or the QA bosses are dumb for not listening to their playtesters. There's some dumb involved that's all I know.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I started playing Thronebreaker this morning. I'm already 6 hours in and would probably have played more if a friend of mine didn't want to play some co-op games. I already finished the first region completely. The game is surprisingly addictive. Gameplay is just gwent, which is already awesome, but is balanced nicely between battles and puzzles. I'm also really enjoying the story as well, the Witcher lore and politics within are great. The gameplay is casual enough that you can play it while watching something off to the side too, you can just mute whatever you're watching when dialogue comes up.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I started playing Thronebreaker this morning. I'm already 6 hours in and would probably have played more if a friend of mine didn't want to play some co-op games. I already finished the first region completely. The game is surprisingly addictive. Gameplay is just gwent, which is already awesome, but is balanced nicely between battles and puzzles. I'm also really enjoying the story as well, the Witcher lore and politics within are great. The gameplay is casual enough that you can play it while watching something off to the side too, you can just mute whatever you're watching when dialogue comes up.

I absolutely loved Thronebreaker.

One of the more underrated games in recent memory....at least IMO.

(Not that it got bad ratings, but just that it wasn't talked about as much as it deserves in my mind)

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I mentioned in the "Steam" thread that I purchased "Fallout 3." I must admit, gettng the game to run on my Windows 10 desktop was difficult. But, it was worth the effort.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I got to Skellige yesterday and just realized that I can loot monster nests after I've destroyed them. Have quite a few left to loot when I'm heading back to Velen/Novigrad then lol.
It's definitely borderline "cheating" but I downloaded a weight limit mod & rich merchant mod, plus fast travel from anywhere (to markers only) and only used them in Skellige because I am a glutton for punishment and wanted to do all the ? marks. The looting in Skellige is heavy and the water stuff is such a PITA I just went from one to the other and then sold all the crap.

My justification is I would have driven myself crazy doing it the "natural" way otherwise so it just sped it up for me.

I accept my judgement as a cheater for this but damn if it didn't save me like 6 or 7 hours and god knows how much frustration.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Started Vampyr on gamepass and after a few days it really just wasn't grabbing me so..

Fallout 3 on gamepass, spent many hundreds of hours on it when it first came out, gonna try to be a bit more straight forward with it this time

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Prey and Bloodstained: RotN on X1, Fire Emblem on Switch and a tiny bit of Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PC with a bit of FFXIV

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Been going old school lately.

Dungeon Keeper 2 ftw.

I approve. I loved both that and the original back in the day. I loaded up both just last year. Unfortunately, they didn't run as well as I had hoped. I don't think that I could even get the D3D version of the original to run, which didn't exactly surprise me, but the modern KeeperFX mod wouldn't run, either. DK2, as a native D3D game ran, but performance was awful at 640x480... on a modern system. I remember that it was awful back in the day, but I assumed that it was due to the underpowered GPUs. It seems, instead, that it just the software. I didn't spend too long trying to fix it, though. How's your performance?

I've tried several of the modern recreations, especially War for the Underworld, but I dunno... they're just not Dungeon Keeper. I really wish that someone would create an official HD version (like Age of Empires II HD) or an unofficial patched version (like the System Shock 2 update) so that we could play the original game, just in HD resolutions. I'll go ahead and blame EA for the fact that we don't have anything like that yet.

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
With all of the HD releases and remakes it still amazes me that EA hasn't done that treatment with the Mass Effect trilogy. I'm ready to own the first two games for the fourth time each.

Right?

Maybe they are holding out for next gen consoles.

...I can dream....

Last edited:

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
just started silent hill 2...aaaargh those dang tank controls....switched to 2D and its a bit better...still early and have no clue what im doing so was getting frustrated but figuring out how to finish a creature when hes down has helped alot lol

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Picked up Majesty for $2 on GMG. It's nostalgic, but is quite repetitive. I bought it so I could play something easy while doing other things, so it's worked out so far for me.

just started silent hill 2...aaaargh those dang tank controls....switched to 2D and its a bit better...still early and have no clue what im doing so was getting frustrated but figuring out how to finish a creature when hes down has helped alot lol

I haven't played that since I was a kid. It was incredibly challenging at the time and I don't know how far I ever really made it. Maybe I'll have to give that another go.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I dipped my toe into AC Odyssey and holy shit. I've only played an hour so I haven't really done much of anything but I already like it more than Origins and I loved that game. Fighting is good, she moves around more fluidly than Bayek did, I like the added RPG elements they added to the previous game. I'll stick to the main story for now so i can open up my ship and cultist hunting. When i walk up to something to loot and it says "steal" in red letters, who do people that see me tell? Is it the closest guard like Elder Scrolls or is that added onto the bounty you have? The mercenary system sounds similar to the Shadow of Mordor games with the Orcs and that system was the best thing about that game.

Reactions: tealhockey

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I love Odyssey. It's so massive. It can unfortunately turn into a grind at points, but it's still just so fun.

Picked up Division II for cheap from GS recently and I'm checking that out. It's not perfect, but I loved The Division for just turning my brain off and playing. Same with this one.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I love Odyssey. It's so massive. It can unfortunately turn into a grind at points, but it's still just so fun.

Picked up Division II for cheap from GS recently and I'm checking that out. It's not perfect, but I loved The Division for just turning my brain off and playing. Same with this one.

I played a lot of Division when it came out, how is II? Any big changes. I thought that game had so much potential

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I played a lot of Division when it came out, how is II? Any big changes. I thought that game had so much potential
I'm pretty early into the game (maybe 2 hours) but it feels very similar. There's a bit more you can do with your active skills from what I can see so far, but if I had to give a definitive answer right now, I'd say it's pretty much just more of the Division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad