Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
:yo:

I have to say, I actually prefer it on PC/PS4 because of the controller, though. Celeste is so input-intensive that with the individual button d-pad Switch joy-cons, it's really rough on your fingers, and with the pro controller, inputs on that awful d-pad get misrecorded all the the time. If I weren't already good at the game by the time I got the Switch version, I could see myself being very frustrated by it.

I just saw that the free DLC launches this Monday,

Celeste’s ‘Farewell’ DLC launches next week

Calling it 'Farewell' seems very literal because apparently the developer says there probably won't be a sequel,
Celeste Sequel (Probably) Won't Happen, Developer Says - IGN

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I just saw that the free DLC launches this Monday,

Celeste’s ‘Farewell’ DLC launches next week

Calling it 'Farewell' seems very literal because apparently the developer says there probably won't be a sequel,
Celeste Sequel (Probably) Won't Happen, Developer Says - IGN
There are obviously huge exceptions, but I generally prefer pristine untouched franchises anyways and hate unnecessary/progressively diminishing expansion (was even skeptical of the DLC, to be honest), so this is only good news to me.

Definitely looking forward to what they do next.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
:yo:

I have to say, I actually prefer it on PC/PS4 because of the controller, though. Celeste is so input-intensive that with the individual button d-pad Switch joy-cons, it's really rough on your fingers, and with the pro controller, inputs on that awful d-pad get misrecorded all the the time. If I weren't already good at the game by the time I got the Switch version, I could see myself being very frustrated by it.
It can be frustrating, but the portability I am afforded makes it worth it.

I only know how to play it with the joycons so I don't even know what I'm missing.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Been blasting through RE2 on PS4. That game is so good. Still chugging through P5. Dipping into Blair Witch, but I find that game to be very unsettling, so it's a slow burn.

Putting a lot of time into Slay the Spire also.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC). Had this on my Steam wishlist for a while and finally pulled the trigger at 40% off. Wow it's fun, but overwhelming so far. Combat is tough, especially in act 1. Starting to get the hang of it in act 2. Awesome RPG so far.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Unbelievably great week for games that I love. NHL 20 released last night and is pretty solid. Slay the Spire released their fourth playable character last night on the beta server. Borderlands 3 releases Thursday night. Maybe my favorite gaming week ever.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC). Had this on my Steam wishlist for a while and finally pulled the trigger at 40% off. Wow it's fun, but overwhelming so far. Combat is tough, especially in act 1. Starting to get the hang of it in act 2. Awesome RPG so far.
One of my favorite gaming accomplishments is completing the first game on Honor mode. I've had 2 sitting around for awhile and played the intro but haven't played much past the boat. I gotta get into it soon.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Probably doesn't count since these are all video games, but I played two games of Food Chain Magnate last night.

You all want hamburgers. My marketing campaign demands it.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I got Blasphemous, it's a ton of fun already. I'm only about 45 minutes in. It's not as punishing as I thought it would be and definitely slower paced than say Dead Cells. It's a slower, more methodical gameplay and it's really fun. It's beautiful as well and I'm loving the dark aesthetic.

IslesNbeer

Sponsor
Nov 25, 2016
Alberta
World of Warplanes. Was big into World of Tanks for a few years but it just became to toxic for me. World of Warplanes has such a good community

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Borderlands 3 for the foreseeable future. Might mix in some NHL20 with friends some nights, but it'll be mostly Borderlands.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Finally decided to check out the Yakuza series (Yakuza 0, picked up Yakuza Kiwami on clearence from Target) for the first time. I'm kind of loving it in a way I absolutely did not expect to.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Finally decided to check out the Yakuza series (Yakuza 0, picked up Yakuza Kiwami on clearence from Target) for the first time. I'm kind of loving it in a way I absolutely did not expect to.

I bought 0 a few months ago on a whim and also loved it. Just picked up Kiwami 1 on the PS store sale and started into it last night. I'm excited for it, although a little worried that 0 is a bit more polished in its fighting style. The early fights I was doing in Kiwami last night felt a little more boxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino