Pre-Game Talk: Game XIV: Strome @ Eberle 5:00 p.m. SNOIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Have Chiarelli take a Penalty shot against snow.

-chia skates in and takes a half clapper
-snow makes a showy glory save-flahes the glove.
-snow proceeds to sleughfoot chiarelli as he skates past even though he already made the save.
-chia goes headfirst into the boards as his mind is still processing what happened.
-chia dies.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Have Chiarelli take a Penalty shot against snow.

-chia skates in and takes a half clapper
-snow makes a showy glory save-flahes the glove.
-snow proceeds to sleughfoot chiarelli as he skates past even though he already made the save.
-chia goes headfirst into the boards as his mind is still processing what happened.
-chia dies.

This is all kinds of wrong.

Not least of which is that Snow didn't actually move his arms to make anything "showy", he was king of 4000 sqft chest protectors.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Big win needed tonight ~ the team is good enough to make it look easy, but I don’t care how, just win!

Everyone is a prognosticator on this board. Everyone has 20/20 hindsight and could have made the team better, without knowing all the facts. Whatever, the sorry ass fire/trade hashtag bs is old and stale. Saying a player/coach/gm needs to better, has x, y, & z as areas of concern, or has completely lost his game is fine. There’s threads for that. Carrying the narrative into the gdts is past boring.
Totally agree with this... Just be constructive and further the debate.

"Firing" these guys just reeks of "I wish I was paid like them" and, "I did pay my $75 ticket though that one time, so I should have a vote". It's beyond lame.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Eberle will be feeling the pressure to score tonight to show up his old team, and we all know how Eberle performs when he feels even the slightest bit of pressure.... like shit. I expect a win tonight.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Hey for those preparing Pitch-Forks, there's nothing at Rogers Place tonight, if they lose and you feel you need to "send a message"

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
we only have to score 3 goals, the isles only have 2 ex oilers who are pretty much guaranteed to score, Eberle and Ice Cheetah. well Barzal should have been an oiler but whatever, score 4 and let JT get a couple pts for my fantasy team.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Almost guaranteed that Eberle lights up our currently suspect goaltending and always craptackular D. 6-1 Isles. Eberle x 2, Barzal, Ladd, Chimera, Leddy score for NYI; Kassian gets the lone goal. Greiss saves 38/39 because you know, “our Corsi is great, it’s just been bad luck.” FML. Way to go Chia, what a team you’ve built.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Slepyshev still injured. Good start. Not out for warmup. Malone in.

Cagguila with RNH and Lucic.
Jokinen - Strome - Pakarainen
Malone - Letestu - Kassian

Woof.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Official forward lines

Maroon - McDavid - Drai
Lucic - RNH - Cagguila
Jokinen - Strome - Pakman
Malone - Letestu - Kassian

That 3rd line.....my word....