Pre-Game Talk: Game XIV: Strome @ Eberle 5:00 p.m. SNOIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Slepyshev returns to the lineup and is on the 2nd line. Mclellan keeping the top line together and bottom 6 are relatively unchanged.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/preview-oilers-at-islanders/c-292683560

NEW YORK, NY - The Oilers hit the ice at Barclays Center or their morning skate ahead of tonight's game against the New York Islanders.

Anton Slepyshev appears ready to return from injury, as he took line rushes with Milan Lucic and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Tuesday's lines:
Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Slepyshev
Caggiula-Strome-Jokinen
Pakarinen-Letestu-Kassian

Talbot gets the start; Thomas Greiss gets the nod for the Islanders. He is 4-0-2 in his career against the Oilers.

The team needs to come home with better than a .500 winning percentage on this trip to get back into the hunt. The Islanders are also 5-0-1 at Barclay's while the Oilers are 1-2-1 on the road.

On the special teams front, the Islanders have a 9th best 22.4% power play percentage and have killed 81.3% of their penalties. The Oilers' special teams....well, they ain't that special.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
This is it, if they don't come back with at least 6 points from this 4 games road trip, the season is most likely over.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Maybe mcDavid gets benched again. :thumbd:

As sad as this is this early it’s do or die. They need to start stringing together some wins starting now or they will be out of the playoffs just as fast as the decade of misery which is absolutely pathetic.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
God this game screams loss. Especially how this season is turning into another like the decade of hell.
Everything that can happen to embarrass this fan base will happen.
We are going full blown Charlie f***ing Brown so may as well see how embarrassing this gets.

1. Eberle tears us a new ass.
2. Barzal tears us a new ass. (yah we may not have taken him blah blah blah. we gave him to them for free.. f***ing idiot Chiarelli)
3. The second round guy tears us a new ass. I'm to depressed to go find his name and see how much ass he's kicking this year.
4. We've been run out of this building everytime I can remember. I'm guessing another Detroit sleep special.

I hereby forbid trading with this team ever again.

They need to win 3 on this trip to make up for the abomination of disgrace they put together Sunday. That was f***ing embarrassing.
Let's see if they have the nuts to respond or if they crater like a bunch of sissies and give out the season. God this team is annoying.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We are the worst offensive team in goals per game. The Islanders are second. They allow a lot of goals too though but not as much as we do.

The Islanders tend to spank us when we are down so I am completely expecting a loss tonight and a loss Saturday against the rangers. The other 2 games we have a chance in

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They just got their asses handed to them by the Wings on home ice.
McDavid was pissed off and seemed embarrassed by being benched as he should be. That benching was a statement to the team as well.
Their performance tonight will say a lot about this team.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Oh and why not not start Talbot - he hasn't exactly been smoking hot.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
They just got their asses handed to them by the Wings on home ice.
McDavid was pissed off and seemed embarrassed by being benched as he should be. That benching was a statement to the team as well.
Their performance tonight will say a lot about this team.

Agreed, it will say a lot about this team...sadly, it's also why I expect at the end of the 1st period it'll be 3-0 Islanders and Eberle will have at least 1 of those goals.

It's just so depressing right now, it feels like everything this team touches turns into manure.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
1yyrj0.jpg
1yyrj0
1yyrj0

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Islanders are scoring like crazy ... our D is struggling big time and having multiple breakdowns/blown coverages a night.

Don't see this going too well, and yes ex-Oilers scoring on their team is pretty much an automatic at this point so Eberle will probably score.

4-2 Islanders. Lets hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad