Pre-Game Talk: Game XIV: Strome @ Eberle 5:00 p.m. SNOIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Looking at Oiler's trends so far this year. They've yet to win 2 straight, nor have they stopped any losing streak at less than 2. Seems to me guaranteed loss night. Best you can hope for is a loser point.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The worst possible outcome is Eberle and Barzal lighting us up then immediately after the game PC announces a 3 way trade that sends RNH to NYI, Khairi to LV and we get back MDC and G.Reinhart.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
to change it up, I'll say what ticked me off last year when someone would say it every game..
maybe it was just waiting for me to do it.

"5 point night tonight for McDavid. he's due and I can feel it. this is the night!"

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Hohoho. Prepare to be embarrassed. How many more losses untill that clown is gone? #firechiaturd
HoHoHo? No matter how poorly the team is doing, this is still the Oilers board. I don't necessarily mind your repetitive #chiaturd shtick but no f***ing way you should be here posting hohoho.

Try to think a little bit about the rest of the board - the fans here to support the team - before posting. Please and thank you.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Have a feeling the boys will play well tonight

Eberle scores but the Oilers take the game 4-2

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
View attachment 82607
1yyrj0
1yyrj0
You spelled Chiarelli wrong.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Greiss is 3-2-1 with a 3.75 GAA and sub .900 save percentage so far this season, plus the Isles are due for a regulation home loss.
If they can set the tone early and not give up the first goal, I think they'll set themselves up nicely if they can get to Greiss.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Eberle will score three .

5-1 Islanders

Slepeshev with the lone Oiler goal.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Seems like some posters here want to lose and like having the team not playing to the level we expect. They have players they don't like for reasons and can't compliment them.

Reactions: nabob

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
The turnaround is close, 5-2 Oilers, Strome with a hatty, Sleepy and Drai 1 each, McD 3 generational assists!

leonleonheart

Lurker vet, rookie poster.
May 24, 2014
Seems like some posters here want to lose and like having the team not playing to the level we expect. They have players they don't like for reasons and can't compliment them.

Or everyone is just very disheartened by the terrible start and its more of a automatic loss until they start proving us wrong. It just hurts less that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: hugeegosorry

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey

Less to complain about if they win, so it's better when they lose.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Greiss is 3-2-1 with a 3.75 GAA and sub .900 save percentage so far this season, plus the Isles are due for a regulation home loss.
If they can set the tone early and not give up the first goal, I think they'll set themselves up nicely if they can get to Greiss.

Wow...a reasonable post. I agree with you.

The hive mind influence is strong though and I feel obligated to say that you have a lot of nerve not giving up on the team entirely by predicting a devastating loss and an Eberle hattrick.
What board do you think you're on? :D

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
Big win needed tonight ~ the team is good enough to make it look easy, but I don’t care how, just win!

Everyone is a prognosticator on this board. Everyone has 20/20 hindsight and could have made the team better, without knowing all the facts. Whatever, the sorry ass fire/trade hashtag bs is old and stale. Saying a player/coach/gm needs to better, has x, y, & z as areas of concern, or has completely lost his game is fine. There’s threads for that. Carrying the narrative into the gdts is past boring.

Reactions: bucks_oil

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The big if is the setting the tone early and getting the first goal. We have trailed for the majority of the season in games and I think we are easily one of the worst first period teams.
IF Talbot stands on his head in the first we have a chance.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Or everyone is just very disheartened by the terrible start and its more of a automatic loss until they start proving us wrong. It just hurts less that way.
Nah there's a reason why there's 3x as many posts in PGT of a loss as there is a win. Fans love to bitch and complain and be able to say I told you so, or pretend they could build a better club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad