GDT: Game XII • Devils @ Oilers • "Street Fighter" • 7pm • SNETW

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We will only be 3 points out of a playoff spot (with the same amount of games played) if we win the next 2 games. Must win game right here.

Keys to the game: 1. Dont be terrible on special teams. At least be average, that isn't asking too much is it?
2. Secondary scoring. We need our bottom 6 to step up desperately

Just win a f***ing game please

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Looks like some of you get your wish... Slepy for no reason gets moved up to the top 6 and Yamamoto down.

Can't wait for him to look like he is trying.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
bison.gif

Too soon?

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Seriously, if you're just going to do a flyby in a GDT thread to declare that the team will lose and to keep bashing the team, why are you here? This is a fan forum. At game time, fans hope their team wins. Fans can lament and moan after games in one of the 800 anti-Oiler threads we have on here, but hey, news flash: if you're fantasizing about a loss in a GDT just before the game starts, you're not a fan.

Go Oilers.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
How hilarious would it be to see a team that has overhauled its depth in just under two years with smart adds like Bratt, Butcher, Stafford and Palmieri defeat a team that is still all of one line after three seasons with Chia at the helm?

A loss here tonight has to be his worst nightmare, and I hope Katz sees a 3-8-1 record at this point as a fireable offense.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Russell hit in the face during the morning skate...Mclellan will update if he's going to play or not during the morning presser (per Lowetide on 1260)

To add further...Lucic-RNH-Slepy is your new second line for tonight, Yamamoto in bottom 6. Top line unchanged...also from Lowetide.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Russell hit in the face during the morning skate...Mclellan will update if he's going to play or not during the morning presser (per Lowetide on 1260)

To add further...Lucic-RNH-Slepy is your new second line for tonight, Yamamoto in bottom 6. Top line unchanged...also from Lowetide.
Not liking the looks of the second or third line and if Russell is out having Auvitu, Benning and Gryba all in at once is a scary thought. That said anything can happen, doesn't mean a win is impossible.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Cool GDT! I wonder if Kassian finally shows up tomorrow and if the boys play with a chip on their shoulders for Hall's return? I missed the NJ games last season so this should be an interesting game to watch.
I thought Kassian likes Hall way back from the Junior days. Am I missing something. There was the one game in which Hall did something to Kassian (tbh I can't even remember what) but in Zachs books something like that would just be considered response in kind I think. I do recollect Zach going after Hall and Hall turtling (If I'm a coach I don't want him fighting Zach either)

I really doubt there is lasting animosity.

But as others are suggesting this is a must W game. we just can't lose this one.

I will say this, if the Oilers lose this one on home ice the org will be hearing it again from the fanbase. I'm sure all the players have been told that they cannot lose this game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not liking the looks of the second or third line and if Russell is out having Auvitu, Benning and Gryba all in at once is a scary thought. That said anything can happen, doesn't mean a win is impossible.
I have to be a little sarcastic and ask if he blocks shots in practice as well. WTH? The Oilers seem to injure more teammates with shots in practice than any club.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Is it bad that I didn't like the 2nd and 3rd D pairings before the Russell injury? I have the fear, is there something I can take? ;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Is there a chance that Reggie plays tonight?

Taking my 9 year old to his first Oiler game. Hoping for a big win and a lot of fun.

Good luck! I hope that your kid has a lot to cheer for tonight and that it will be a special game that both of you can look back on for many years of great memories.

Looks like some of you get your wish... Slepy for no reason gets moved up to the top 6 and Yamamoto down.

Yamamoto was straight up not very good in the last game. I think that he should be sent down but what the hell do I know?

Seriously, if you're just going to do a flyby in a GDT thread to declare that the team will lose and to keep bashing the team, why are you here? This is a fan forum. At game time, fans hope their team wins. Fans can lament and moan after games in one of the 800 anti-Oiler threads we have on here, but hey, news flash: if you're fantasizing about a loss in a GDT just before the game starts, you're not a fan.

Go Oilers.

As you say there are enough negative threads as is but I guess it's better to fill this one up with crap as well and hope that Hall has the game of his life just to spite Chia.

Reactions: oljimmy

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

I'm sure Connor can skate twice as fast backwards than Gryba can forward so might as well throw him on D for an extra 8 minutes tonight.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is there a chance that Reggie plays tonight?

Yamamoto was straight up not very good in the last game. I think that he should be sent down but what the hell do I know?
No chance Reggie plays tonight, still a little while a way. This is just part of the rehab.

I agree that Yama was not very good last game and should be sent down but if he is sitting than we absolutely need to call someone up.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Eight games until his waiver eligibility kicks in. If we're showcasing anybody for trade, it's Anton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig