Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - THANK YOU JACK EDWARDS - Series tied 3-3

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Another thing, can we let them lose first before packing it in? If we go by history, yeah the Bruins suck at game 7 at home, like to choke, but the one team they beat in these games is the Leafs, so you can't cherry pick.

Reactions: lopey

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think I managed two, maybe three hours of sleep.

On the one hand, I know that this season has very little to do with last season, and neither have anything to do with what happened 5, 10, or 20 years ago.

But damn if it isn’t the same old same old with this organization.

Nobody is happy with the result, but my hope is that we can avoid tearing each other to shreds over the next 48 hours, whatever happens.

We’re better than that.

Agree. Disagree.
Agree to disagree.

People get emotional. People cope in different ways.

Be nice to each other. Be respectful of differences of opinion.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Speechless that this could happen 2 years in a row. We have no spark. Has anyone here seen David Pastrnak for the last week and a half. He certainly isn't playing in the games. 11M+/yr.....LOL wow and I thought I wasted money on stuff that stops working. My only hope is we find out he's been hurt for a while. His last 4 weeks plus, of the regular season wasn't very good either.
Can't win without him as a 1 to 1.5pt/game guy we are paying him for.

Reactions: Gordoff

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I wasn't feeling well so didn't see the third period. I didn't think they would win after seeing the first two periods but hoped. I did snicker that they scored with .01 left to spoil Woll's shutout when I read the box score.

Realistically, they did overachieve in the regular season - how many people kept repeating that here? So, while they have given up a 3-1 series lead, maybe they just don't have much left in the tank. It is a long season and they did extremely well during the regular season to most people's surprise.

Game 7 hasn't been played yet but many have already written them off. The Leafs may slay the beast this year but the Bruins may just thrust another dagger into them. I'm hoping for the latter.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I wasn't feeling well so didn't see the third period. I didn't think they would win after seeing the first two periods but hoped. I did snicker that they scored with .01 left to spoil Woll's shutout when I read the box score.

Realistically, they did overachieve in the regular season - how many people kept repeating that here? So, while they have given up a 3-1 series lead, maybe they just don't have much left in the tank. It is a long season and they did extremely well during the regular season to most people's surprise.

Game 7 hasn't been played yet but many have already written them off. The Leafs may slay the beast this year but the Bruins may just thrust another dagger into them. I'm hoping for the latter.

I don’t care if they over achieved in the regular season. Being the first team in NHL history to choke away back to back 3-1 leads is unacceptable.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I don’t care if they over achieved in the regular season. Being the first team in NHL history to choke away back to back 3-1 leads is unacceptable.

Yea this new spin I keep seeing pop up is some serious cope and a little embarrassing.

Read the same things after they lost to the Flyers.

Expectations prior to the season are one thing. But they spent a full season showing what they are capable of. Those preseason expectations mean nothing when you were challenging for the presidents trophy most of the season.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I had a nightmare we were down 3-1 in game 7 late. Hampus Lindholm buried a goal with just over a minute left but then I forget what happened afterwards

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yea this new spin I keep seeing pop up is some serious cope and a little embarrassing.

Read the same things after they lost to the Flyers.

Expectations prior to the season are one thing. But they spent a full season showing what they are capable of. Those preseason expectations mean nothing when you were challenging for the presidents trophy most of the season.

Yup it’s a coping mechanism when in reality the bruins finished right where every sportbook had them finishing.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
You're probably right. Pasta's the kind of player who gets good coaches fired.
Pastas problem is he's playing with 3rd and 4th line line mates and D men who can't make a tape to tape pass!

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Marchy-Zacha-Pasta
Game 7

If they blow this, especially to the Leafs, Monty better be fired asap......I'm f***in pissed today, back to back gutless performances!

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1714747838207.png

1714734705929.png

Last edited:

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
When you can't win a faceoff it's pretty hard to gain any zone time or shots on net. Wasn't addressed this year. It's what happens when you don't have high end centres
our most talented center is 19 and injured, so that should tell you our center quality and depth!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This team this year is just not good enough, we got where we were basically with two great goalies, they lack firepower and grit. That all being said I hope that if they blow this again, they get rid of Monty, Sacco and Kelly. Monty is now 0-5 as a Bruins coach in potential series close out games. Playing against the leafs, Maroon, JVR and Brazeau are useless, you need more speed against them, those guys would do better against a heavy team like Florida, but not against Toronto.

Reactions: pgm16 and duffy

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
According to espn no team in NHL, MLB or NHL history has choked away consecutive 3-1 leads. It would be a record.

If that happens fire montgomery, Sweeney and Neely. And find someone who can bring in players that have heart.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Jim Montgomery: “ hold my beer”
Woke up this morning and realized this joke is sort of distasteful considering what Monty has been through in her personal life. I genuinely spaced all that tbh and it wasn’t meant to pick at him in that way.

I’m an air head. Sorry all!

Last edited:
Reactions: BTO

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Question is, when they really dig deep, what will they find?
They may not have it in them to up the effort and results.

According to espn no team in NHL, MLB or NHL history has choked away consecutive 3-1 leads. It would be a record.

If that happens fire montgomery, Sweeney and Neely. And find someone who can bring in players that have heart.
Jacobs' have their 600 plus sell outs and 4 home play-off games. That's all thats required for job security

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad