GDT: Game VIII | Star Wars: The Fast Jedi | Oilers @ Penguins | 8/24/17 | 5:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Amazing GDT and video, made me forget how the season's gone so far!

Game between my two favourite teams, hopefully it's a good one. The pens have looked tired and scatterbrained at times this year, so maybe this is our chance to get the offense going again. Who knows, it's a shame they finally dumped Niemi so we don't get a freebie.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
McLellan wants to play RNH against tough competition. He can't do that if he is putting Slepyshev and Caggiula on his wings.

I don't necessarily agree with his angle here, but I can see what the idea is.
If that were the case, he should swap letestu and lucic.

Drai has shown to be able to play well with lucic in the past and letestu is a much more effective shut down guy.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Those lines are atrocious. Good job TMac, great way to utilize 8.5m Drai centering the 3rd line with Latest and Caggiula. So sad to see this organization value 6M Nuge over Drai. I don't care if its cause he may be rusty, after the rust is shaken off, it's straight back to being stapled on the top line with McD.
I actually think putting Drai on the 3rd line gives us the best chance of winning. Let Drai feast on easy opposition while the other lines try to contain Pitts offense

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Projected #Oil lines:
Maroon-McDavid-Yamamoto
Lucic-Nuge-Strome
Letestu-Draisaitl-Caggiula
Pakarinen-Khaira-Kassian

Out: Jokinen, Slepyshev

Weird lines. I agree I think Jokinen needs to sit.

I forsee the lines getting blended though.

I'd like to see:

Maroon - McDavid - Yamamoto
Lucic - RNH - Draitsaitl
Cagguila - Strome - Slepshev
Pakarinen/Khaira - Letestu - Kassian

or

Maroon - McDavid - Yama
Lucic - Drai - Slepshev
Cagguila - RNH - Strome
Pak/Khaira - Letestu - Kassian

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Pens PP% is 32%?

Good Lord, bad night to take a Too Many Men or Delay of Game penalty.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
At some point, I would love to see RNH play RW with either Drai or McDavid.... just to see how it goes.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
If that were the case, he should swap letestu and lucic.

Drai has shown to be able to play well with lucic in the past and letestu is a much more effective shut down guy.

Just my guess, but I imagine Leon will shift up the lineup (and back to RW..) relatively quickly as soon as he proves that he is healthy enough to play 20 minutes.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I actually think putting Drai on the 3rd line gives us the best chance of winning. Let Drai feast on easy opposition while the other lines try to contain Pitts offense

Easy to say, not so easy to do when the Pens have the last change.

Who's to say the Pens don't put the Crosby line out against a rusty Drai playing with bottom sixers and "feast" on him?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Given how he's played and how well he's done in the dot, I don't see Malone coming out, maybe the team looks like

Maroon - McDavid - Yamamoto
Lucic - Nuge - Draisaitl
Caggiula - Strome - Slepyshev
Malone - Letestu - Kassian

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Letestu on LW? What in the world..

I also don't understand the love for Pakarinen.. Slepyshev clearly more effective.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Easy to say, not so easy to do when the Pens have the last change.

Who's to say the Pens don't put the Crosby line out against a rusty Drai playing with bottom sixers and "feast" on him?
That should allow McDavid line to "feast" on the easy opposition

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
I am starting to think that we have to just accept that this team is slow out of the gate. Every game we need a 1-0 wakeup call that pushes us back to where we need to be. On the plus side, Usain Bolt was one of the slowest starters ever and he did alright? Right? Right? :(

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I am starting to think that we have to just accept that this team is slow out of the gate. Every game we need a 1-0 wakeup call that pushes us back to where we need to be. On the plus side, Usain Bolt was one of the slowest starters ever and he did alright? Right? Right? :(

In a league where the team that scores the first goal wins the game 7 of 10 times, this mentality plain and simple won't be good enough.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
This feels eerily similar to the Blue Jays season where everyone picked them to win the division and possibly the world series. That's the season they signed a bunch of overrated veterans that underachieved that season, ahem Jose Reyes you suck!

Overrated veterans, check

Weak defensively, check

Relying on young players to exceed expectations or keep trending up, check

This team is screwed.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Drai and Drake back in the lineup sounds promising. Hoping for a good game and hopefully some pts. :banana:

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Letestu on LW? What in the world..

I also don't understand the love for Pakarinen.. Slepyshev clearly more effective.

Pak is garbage, hate why the coaching staff have some kind of crush on him for some reason.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Oilers are the worst offensive team in the NHL right now...Penguins are the worst defensive team in the NHL.

Interesting matchup. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad