GDT: Game VIII | Star Wars: The Fast Jedi | Oilers @ Penguins | 8/24/17 | 5:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country

qCFzFiF.png

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
If Drai and Caggs both play I hope these are actually the lines. Jokinen and slep have both been bums this year maybe putting them on the fourth line they can finally actually get some offence playing against other teams 4th lines.

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
Slepy has been a bum? He's played 5 games and missed training camp. He's just catching up now. Tonedeff you need some patients.

Oilers play well but drop this one 3-2. No shame. It's Pittsburgh.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Slepy has been a bum? He's played 5 games and missed training camp. He's just catching up now. Tonedeff you need some patients.

Oilers play well but drop this one 3-2. No shame. It's Pittsburgh.
If the Oilers lose too many more in a row I will be a patient..;)

Draisaitl will basically be a gametime call. Depending on medical information at the moment and how he's feeling. He's been experiencing concussion feelings this week, they have flared up at times, he feels good yesterday in hard practice. That's about as much as is known now.

It would be really hard for him to be an impact player in his first game back from his first concussion. Its a bit sadder that the healthy players on the team couldn't get more results or any production without him.

This isn't a very resilient lineup. This is the first injury of any significance they have faced in the last 13mths and they didn't withstand it.

ps The jedis haven't been too fast. Other than McDavid and Yama, they look a little slow.

Result today? Who Knows. The Pens pick which games they show up for. I suspect they pick this one due to it being a profile match and McD vs Crosby but Pens are hard to read in reg season early on. If Pens play the way they can they win.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
PLEASE let those be the lines although I'm sure Mclellan will go back to old reliable and throw Drai in Yamamoto's spot when he gets sent down but in the meantime, I'll enjoy a multiple line scoring threat for the next few games if those are indeed the lines that Mclellan will go with. I've been pining for that 2nd line for over a year now.

On another note, I sure hope they aren't rushing Drai back to stem the losing tide. His long term health is a lot more important than team goals.

Reactions: Blue line Howie

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It seems like we show up against the best teams for whatever reason so I will guess a win

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It seems like we show up against the best teams for whatever reason so I will guess a win

The reason is the Oilers are less focused against teams they deem to be not higher profile. But shocking that the Oilers considered the Sens one of those clubs and thus got blown out. This team is arrogant, already. That's a bit concerning.

On the Oilers side is that the Pens are one very tired team. Two long trips through the playoffs and SC's will do that to any team. The offseasons were very short for the Pens. Its hard to be focused for every game and clearly they, can't they've been blown out a few times already.

This one is unpredictable. All Pens wins except for one have been by 1 goal. Oddly enough their only convincing win of the season was against Nashville, one of the better teams they have faced. They've been blown out by Chicago and Tampa. That might translate to struggles against offensive clubs but the Oilers really haven't been that thus far.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDrai

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Win or loss keep drai separate from mcdavid. No use putting 21 mill on one line. Long term they need to be on different lines for this team to be successful.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I think the Pens defence sucks, we actually might be able to exploit them. Too bad they already waved Niemi, but the way this season is going he probably would have gotten a 45 save shutout and saved his job.

I expect another tight game where we battle hard but probably end up losing.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Very interested to see the lines.. can't see McLellan splitting up Yam and McDavid. The three center lineup makes sense against Pittsburgh.

Maroon - McDavid - Yamamoto
Lucic - Draisaitl - Slepyshev
Caggiula - RNH - Strome
Jokinen - Letestu - Kassian

Would like to see this.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Hopefully this is the game our shooting percentage begins to rise... right now its 3.9%. Second last to the dreadful Habs. Leafs' shooting percentage is 11.5.

Our percentage has to start going up eventually right? RIGHT???

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
As long as the team gives an honest effort and there aren't any key players that have a brutal outing I'll be perfectly happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad