Olympics: Game Thread: Slovakia - Finland

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don’t think any Slovaks said we have a great team. The only narrative I’ve said and seen others say is that we can beat Latvia. Funny enough, it’s non Slovaks who were saying we could give Finn’s or Swedes trouble.
Yeah, I was mostly referring to instances when alko (I think) tried to defend pretty much every Slovak player having a bad season and guys trying to prove Namejs you are better than Latvia because magic beans.
Still good enough to beat the mighty Russia, as you could see at the last WCH.
Well hopefully you get to play Russia and do it again. I doubt it though.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Yeah, I was mostly referring to instances when alko (I think) tried to defend pretty much every Slovak player having a bad season and guys trying to prove Namejs you are better than Latvia because magic beans.

This loss does not change the fact that we are better than Latvia for a number of reasons we already mentioned in that section and therefore I am not going to discuss it again. After all, we played against Finland and were expected to lose.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
The difference was not as big as the scoreline indicates. Konrad's save percentage was only 80% but he didn't let easy goals in.

Reactions: hellwar9

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Calm down guys, It's only 2 days away to crack the question of the universe - is it Slovakia or Latvia?
Question for you.. the poster that was saying the last 8 matches were 4-4 between Slovakia and Latvia... Where were these matches?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I've been following this argument from a distance.. kept seeing words like coin toss and close. I haven't read one Slovak poster say Slovakia would destroy Latvia AINEC... for instance.

I think everyone agrees we are talking 1 goal games, no? In a 7 game series I would take Slovakia 4-3 personally and that is no knock on Latvia at all.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Most of them probably in small tournaments or preparation for the World Championship
Thank you... I keep trying to think of 8 matchups betwen latvia and slovakia at the Olympics or World Championships or summer qualifiers and can't find a 4-4 personally. However, I don't follow it that closely as I didn't think of it as a major rivarly.lol Good luck next game.. happy for Slaf with 2 goals.

Reactions: kudla

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Hattutemppu ja 30 vuotta täyteen – Sakari Manninen loisti Leijonien voitossa

As incredible as it sounds, freaking everything - even simple highlight reel clips - on Discovery's website appear to require subscription. (And they can go F themselves, even Maikkari isn't this bad with their online content.) Luckily, Iltis seems to have the permission to use the D+ clips; they can be freely viewed through il.fi.

It's so hard to find those highlights without paying that it feels like some kind of secret agent stuff or let's say CIA and strictly classified if you don't pay. I actually didn't see any goals nor highlights from the other games played so far due to this. I'm not going to pay Discovery that small amount of money for principle.

For non Finnish people here I'd be curious to know if you find any highlights from Youtube for any of the men's Olympic tournament games of 2022, because I remember that many CHL (champions hockey league) games weren't shown on Youtube search results, because they were geoblocked for people trying to access them from Finland. So I'm thinking maybe there is a similar thing going on for just specific countries.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
The difference was not as big as the scoreline indicates. Konrad's save percentage was only 80% but he didn't let easy goals in.

Yeah maybe 2 goal win would feel more fair, although high scoring % is part of the game and part of skill. Sometimes it takes luck. Our/Finland's chances were a lot more dangerous though and Finland did shoot the puck twice on goal post and once on crossbar as well. Säteri was a bit better than SVK's goalie in my opinion, but better D-men and more organized team defense helped Säteri there.

Last edited:

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
It's so hard to find those highlights without paying that it feels like some kind of secret agent stuff or let's say CIA and strictly classified if you don't pay. I actually didn't see any goals nor highlights from the other games played so far due to this. I'm not going to pay Discovery that small amount of money for principle.

For non Finnish people here I'd be curious to know if you find any highlights from Youtube for any of the men's Olympic tournament games of 2022, because I remember that many CHL (champions hockey league) games weren't shown on Youtube search results, because they were geoblocked for people trying to access them from Finland. So I'm thinking maybe there is a similar thing going on for just specific countries.
Dplus is posting all the highlights on their twitter its easy to find there whenever there is any tourney they got the rights for. atleast the finnish highlights anyways

Reactions: Mestaruus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Dplus is posting all the highlights on their twitter its easy to find there whenever there is any tourney they got the rights for. atleast the finnish highlights anyways

I kind of failed to mention that I meant mostly other games than Finland's games, as I watch the games of Finland. It's good that there are some highlights of Finland's games out there though. That's the least they can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad