Olympics: Game Thread: Slovakia - Finland

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I’d consider canning Ramsay after this game for the sole fact that he hasn’t put Slafkovsky or even Regenda on the powerplay. And yet continues to run with Holesinsky and Hudacek

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Even though Slovakia had their glimpses of glory in this game - Finland were the better team all around.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, Finland so far looks the best. Makes sense.

Slovaks look like they had too high expectations for their rather mediocre team. Which also happens ever so often.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Will judge Slovakia here. Defenders had a bad game all around, maybe Knazko was solid there, but as a team they defended badly in their own zone, much better in neutral zone and on forecheck. Offensively, 4th line was the best line with Slafkovsky and Regenda being the best players for the team. Game lost on special teams to be honest, with the powerplay just not clicking at all, static and only god knows why Ramsay won't put Slafkovsky on it. Dano and Jurco are just pure liabilities on the team with stupid penalties.

Reactions: elMatador

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I don't care much for the Slovak loss. All teams makes it past the group stage and the most important thing is Slafkovsky, Nemec and Knazko getting experience at this level. Good to see Slaf scoring twice. Already has more goals at the Olympics than in his Liiga career.

Reactions: mattihp and kudla

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Well, Finland so far looks the best. Makes sense.

Slovaks look like they had too high expectations for their rather mediocre team. Which also happens ever so often.
I don’t think any Slovaks said we have a great team. The only narrative I’ve said and seen others say is that we can beat Latvia. Funny enough, it’s non Slovaks who were saying we could give Finn’s or Swedes trouble.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
I’d consider canning Ramsay after this game for the sole fact that he hasn’t put Slafkovsky or even Regenda on the powerplay. And yet continues to run with Holesinsky and Hudacek

I wanted Ramsay gone after last WC.
Jurco on the 1st line? It's obvious he is a 4th liner at best.
No matter where he buries Slaf he drives the line, creates scoring chances and goals.
Dano is a bust who takes stupid penalties. Has no business to be on the roster.
Marincin is a defensive brain fart machine.
His PP selection is an utter garbage.
Game adjustment, pulling the goalie or time out nonexistent.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Finland was looking for its legs for the first 10, but once they found them, there was never really any question who's going to win. Slovakia had its moments, but Finland was never really in major trouble. Finns had a nice, effective PP, but the special shout-out goes to PK. It was nothing short of stellar.

MOTMs Slafkovsky for Slovakia, Manninen for Finland.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I wanted Ramsay gone after last WC.
Jurco on the 1st line? It's obvious he is a 4th liner at best.
No matter where he buries Slaf he drives the line, creates scoring chances and goals.
Dano is a bust who takes stupid penalties. Has no business to be on the roster.
Marincin is a defensive bran fart machine.
His PP selection is an utter garbage.
Game adjustment, pulling the goalie or time out nonexistent.
Slaf ice time: 12:57. He should be playing like 17-18 minutes on this team. It’s simply inexcusable from Ramsay. Is he not watching the powerplays as they happen? The powerplay was so pathetically slow and the 1A option seemed to be setting up Ceresnak for a one timer. Just makes zero sense.

Reactions: stastny12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad