Olympics: Game Thread - Czechia vs. Denmark 02/09/2022

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Oh well, Czechs didn't dominate as much in the 2nd period.

Both using the eye test, and also SOG.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Very physical and even 2nd period. Wonder if we can keep up the steam going into the 3rd and keep them away from scoring.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sedlak with a some great looks but keeps choking up.

We have the momentum and possession and shots. Need to make sure a 3rd goal doesn't pop in.

I just noticed Swiss/Russia was 1-0 so none of this is shocking as I thought our pool would be brutally hard. Great job by Danes to bend but not break. I expect a infuriating third period by us. Czechs need to stay calm and keep pushing the pace.

I know the strategy was to keep pairs together but I'm not sure if Knot makes any sense at all. Took a stupid penalty and haven't noticed him. Klok should be on PP1 with the old guys IMO.

As a guy who watches my Czech teams get demolished a lot at Juniors.. it is very hard to be outshot and skate backwards all game. Hoping for a PP again as Danes must be getting tired (I know they are great athletes from great leagues) and skating forward and attacking is a lot easier. Just keep rolling. Don't panic. Get that tying goal. Don't really change much. Second half of period was disapointing.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Regarding Hrubec, I assume they will start Will next game and go from there. He was the best Czech goalie in the K anyway he should play himself into the starter role eventually.
He's excellent but I just haven't seem him do it for us. I wouldn't have started him today because he was still in Prague 3 days ago and arrived to another quarantine. Can't be sharp and wasn't. He's looked better since. I have no problem if they want to keep him in there for tourney, just first game was questionable. However, I'm fine with all 3 goalies and don't see a big difference at all.. hence why I would've benched him today since Bartosa and Will have been practicing in China for a week while he was recording hillarious videos in Prague.

LaCarriere

This will be a weird tournament

Meh, I don't think so. I don't think this game is a fair representation of how things will go based on not having NHLers. It might represent that anything can happen in a short tournament.

The first Denmark goal was a bad giveaway by the Czech, followed by the shot going off a defenders stick.

The penalty shot was a weak call. 2 minutes for sure.

Denmark was outplayed badly in the first 20 minutes, and the Czech just fell flat as the game went on.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

peachy89

Jun 1, 2010
Haven't seen this one, but it looks like no NHLers is a great equalizer... which does make it more interesting.

Too early to say something like that. Even in the IIHF World Cup there are sometimes very few NHLers around. The main issue is rather that because of COVID there was no preperation games for teams. So i assume the first few games may will be more open because of that since they need those time to find each other

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad